Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definite no on Don Brown. He’s awful and the main reason Michigan fans want Harbaugh gone
Michigan fans... The offense has been bad since he arrived. That is what is killing Michigan. They can’t develop a QB and the offense is always bad. Looks familiar to here. No defense will look good with a terrible offense. His defenses have been top 12 in the country the last four years since being at Michigan.

On the VQ podcast, they continue to tout JG “getting them into the right running situations”. I never see that suffer when Bailey lines up. Hard to believe he couldn’t have handed off at least as well against Arkansas with that one brain cell game plan.
I am a dumb football guy. I can't identify this thing myself. I think the VQ guys are grasping for straws like dumb football guys.

On the VQ podcast, they continue to tout JG “getting them into the right running situations”. I never see that suffer when Bailey lines up. Hard to believe he couldn’t have handed off at least as well against Arkansas with that one brain cell game plan.
It’s excuses and trying to be a voice for our head coach. It’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Middle school staff.

We are not changing the head coach.

We will be fine.

It’s going to be okay.
You're one of the names on here I trust... would be nice if you could give a reason or two for this optimism. I think most of us have seen this movie before. I was willing to give Pruitt multiple second chances because it was his first time heading up a program, but the lack of QB development and the overall performance this year (as opposed to a "one-time" mistake like not being prepared for Ga State) is more rope than I'm willing to give. We've been season ticket holders for over 30 years so you can guess my age, I'm sad because even IF Fulmer were to make a change, I doubt UT football will be fun again in my lifetime. We donated four of our tickets to the cause and rolled over the other four - not sure if I'll go or just our adult kids use. I haven't seen anyone on here mention, but will be curious how the combination of 2020 blowout losses, fan apathy, and minimal attendance at games this year because of virus will affect attendance next year. I'm sad.

All I’m saying is you’ll be wasting more money in the long run if we keep Pruitt next year and hire a Google coach again and waste another 4 years and more money on buying out him and his assistants 🤷🏼‍♂️

Take the L now, and let’s get back to where we belong.
It's a no win situation. If you fire him this year, they'll just hire a Google coach. It's what they do. They also hire cheap Athletic Directors.

I don't know, but I'd guess those checks aren't paid about by week to week decisions.

The SEC could easily argue they met the obligations of their TV partners to this point.

In a normal season everyone would expect to play 8 conference games, so it woudln't be an issue. If I had programs bailing because it was inconvenient I'd be looking at prorating their share. I'm sure Andy could use the bucks right now.

Michigan fans... The offense has been bad since he arrived. That is what is killing Michigan. They can’t develop a QB and the offense is always bad. Looks familiar to here. No defense will look good with a terrible offense. His defenses have been top 12 in the country the last four years since being at Michigan.
Harbaugh seems to succeed when he has an offensive scheme that is different from the prevailing scheme that his competition runs. At Stanford, he was playing what was essentially traditional Big Ten football in the Pac 12. He bullied and out-physicaled people, including Oregon. With the 49ers, he plugged in Kaepernick into a read option scheme that NFL teams had trouble adjusting to.

At Michigan, he's back to playing more traditional Big Ten football, but he's in the Big Ten.

Reactions: ShreveportVol
I found this really interesting, how the programs were in similar spots and what actually happens when you make the right hire

In the three years before a coaching change (2015-17), Florida was 23-15, Texas A&M was 23-16 and Tennessee was 22-16.

Going by 247Sports’s Team Talent rankings, Tennessee’s roster (12th-best) was more talented in 2017 than either Florida (17th) or Texas A&M’s (15th)

The Vols slipped to 15th in 2018, 16th in 2019 and were ranked 15th again this season.

Florida’s has jumped from 12th in 2018 to 7th this year, thanks in large part to a number of 5-star transfers Mullen has brought in with back-to-back top 10 signing classes.

Texas A&M was 16th in Fisher’s first season and are up to 11th this year. He’s signed the No. 4 and No. 6 recruiting classes the past two seasons.

So how do these three coaches compare as their Year Threes wind down?

Mullen is 27-6 at Florida. Fisher is 22-10 with the Aggies. Pruitt is just 15-17 in Knoxville.

The reality is Tennessee has the opportunity to make a special move that would yield these results and the guy is begging for the job but we have a bunch of boobs who want to crawl on their moral high horse and either keep Pruitt for 5 more years or give Tee freaking Martin the job, that line of thinking is why Tennessee is where it is. Always trying to reinvent the wheel or appease people who don't matter anymore
That is great data. Apples to apples, for the most part.

Remember, you heard it here first. Before the Georgia debacle in 2017, the last time Tennessee was shut out was by Florida 31-0, in 1994. I believe Peyton started that game. So, I predict HB starts, we get shut out 31-0 and HB goes down in history as the savior of the program and the best QB we have had since Peyton Manning.

When I listen to him dissect plays he understands everything that is going to happen before it does. It’s unreal. He just hasn’t found a way to get that knowledge to transfer yet. He will.
Well, the coach part of that statement implies that he not only knows X's and O'x (which I do agree with you) but that he is able to teach it to players. Clearly as an assistant he had the time and know-how, so I'll give you this one. Maybe he needs to delegate more of the stuff he's not good at instead of trying to learn on the fly. He should be like post-season Pat Summitt and let his coordinators do the press conferences!

Herman seems like a good idea in theory, but then you see that a lot of their problems the past couple of years were similar to ours - poor development, poor fundamentals, poor discipline. I think frustrations would creep in fairly quickly.

Would he be an upgrade over Pruitt? Sure, but who currently at a P5 school wouldn’t?
This is the first post I have seen from you in a very long time. I know we have not always seen eye to eye on some things, but wanted to say that I hope you and your family are well.

It's not hard... Call play, get a look at the defense, check with side line, run play/audible...

State-run media. I don't even think it is intentional...they are just too close to people inside the program and have relationships with people inside the program, and they don't want to lose their access by being too critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back