Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
VQ covering their asses in case Pruitt pulls a rabbit out of a hat and wins out. Don't want to be seen as contributing towards recruiting failures or fan apathy. I think they know he's gone because he's staring down two more blowout losses to end the season.

I feel like they are in crowd control mode without losing credibility with the fans. Downplaying the loss of Terrence Lewis just seems disingenuous.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Sarkisian as HC paired with a DC like Derek Mason would be pretty close to a homerun.
Which is why it is so insane that our administration seems to be ok with these terrible results. It’s not hard to win 7-9 games a year here with decent coaching. I could pair coaches that would be successful here and all could be a possibility.

Freeze
Mason

Herman
Don Brown (if Michigan fires harbuagh)

Sark
Dan Quinn

Napier
MacIntyre

Caldwell
Muschamp

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Again, absolutely hilarious incompetence by the department. Nobody will come next year. And again, how the hell does the Vanderbilt game move the needle? I still don’t understand that argument.

I agree with you. Vandy is just the unforgivable sin this year. Can’t bring him back. Financially it’s an easy choice.

Full Ride basically calling Pruitt an idiot. Saying it makes zero sense continuing to play JG and thinking JG can win with him. Said it is causing losses and now losing recruits. They don’t understand why he didn’t go young all year and they have no answer on how to fix it. They said he could change coordinators, but we have already done that twice. They said Bailey should have started all year and said the only reason for not playing him is stubbornness. It’s not looking good.

This is what needs to happen. People like to discount fan opinion because they are to close, but when outside sources start saying the same thing it gives the fans validation.

I would prefer Mason. I always kinda felt Muschamp was a bit overrated as DC.
Fair enough, they both are good defensive coaches. Muschamp just has more experience recruiting highly-touted guys. His first stint at Auburn as DC, Texas, Florida, and South Carolina (until this year) defenses were really good. The only time I remember his defense being kind of underwhelming was his second stint at Auburn (2015).

Even his trash 4-8 Florida team had a good defense; they were losing games but allowing 17, 19, 21 points.

I feel like they are in crowd control mode without losing credibility with the fans. Downplaying the loss of Terrence Lewis just seems disingenuous.
it does because of the attitude around the program right now.

that said, whenver TL was discussed after he committed, it was always said that he'd be one to watch, as committed or not, it'd go to signing day....so in that respect, they are genuine.

just hard to sell it...real hard...right now.

Has anyone heard anything of Trey Smith and Cade Mays getting into a fight around the Kentucky game earlier this year?
Hadn't heard that. It was mentioned I think on here that something happened between Trey and Locklear at GA. Probably all bs.

Fair enough, they both are good defensive coaches. Muschamp just has more experience recruiting highly-touted guys. His first stint at Auburn as DC, Texas, Florida, and South Carolina (until this year) defenses were really good. The only time I remember his defense being kind of underwhelming was his second stint at Auburn (2015).

Even his trash 4-8 Florida team had a good defense; they were losing games but allowing 17, 19, 21 points.

I didn’t think his stint at Texas was much to write home about.

I just want to see what Bailey can do. I'd feel better even if we lost a 48-35 type game if Bailey showed promise and put up those points
No joke. I am so tired of hearing AP and others say we need to slow the game down and kill clock. That’s not playing to win and it’s getting us blown out. Stop listening to our head coach who is in over his head. Also, saying we may see why having a veteran QB helps the run game. STHU with that nonsense from Pruitt too. Running game is not some physics problem that only fifth year seniors can comprehend. Florida is going to score no matter if we have the ball for 50 minutes. T.O.P. means nothing in today’s game. We need to come out swinging and letting the young gun slinger loose. It’s the only chance we have because they are going to score at least 40.

I will confess I am not super confident about the direction of the program, but seriously, it isn't the end. Had Pruitt not been transfixed by JG's sweet, sweet practice performance, this season would look dramatically different on both sides of the ball. One QB. That's it. And yes, I know the defense has been questionable, but there is zero doubt in my mind that we would see a different defense with offensive production.

One QB. One stubborn coach. All the difference.

Can Corch Jermy admit failure and recover? Dunno. Failure has a way of humbling a man, but pride is remarkably resilient.

As for the death of UT football...no. As long as we can recruit in the 10 to 15 range (we can), as long as we can (if we choose to) pay for a good coach (we can), and as long as we can fill a 100k stadium (we can), we are always one coaching hire from playoff contention. I am not saying that we will ever manage to do that, I'm just saying that we'll never be dead. In a coma, sure. But not dead.

It's simple demographics and geography. Where we are and who we appeal to will always keep us viable. It's science.

Be mad. But remain hopeful.

I would take the cash option for sure. I would invest $75 at low risk options making around 3% in interest/dividend income. Never touch the principal and live off the $2,250,000 a year in investment income. I doubt I could even spend that in a year with no debt.
I could.
9WR2GTA.gif

I have a feeling the game plan is gonna be ultra conservative and only throw when they have to.
Me too. I don't think they'll play to Bailey's strengths. They'll hand the ball off and let him throw 5 times a half. There is a disconnect that is happening. Pruitt fussed at Ubben yesterday when asked about his offense. He says they want to score more points. Yet they run an offense not conducive to scoring points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back