Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simone = Tiger for her sport. Right? Both are potentially GOAT's depending on personal views. They both compete individually and on teams representing us - AMERICA.

Tiger has been through many career endangering injuries. Battles back from them and wins. When it's Ryder Cup and President's Cup time he goes and plays no matter how he is feeling in his head or body. Gives it everything he is got and earns the respect of people who like him and don't care for him at all. So much respect that he was chosen as captain of the team.

Can that be said now for Simone? She just made a huge career limiting move that undercut America's team. Not much of a GOAT move in my book, but to each his or her own.

simonemedals.jpeg

Simone = Tiger for her sport. Right? Both are potentially GOAT's depending on personal views. They both compete individually and on teams representing us - AMERICA.

Tiger has been through many career endangering injuries. Battles back from them and wins. When it's Ryder Cup and President's Cup time he goes and plays no matter how he is feeling in his head or body. Gives it everything he's got and earns the respect of people who like him and don't care for him at all. So much respect that he was chosen as captain of the team.

Can that be said now for Simone? She just made a huge career limiting move that undercut America's team. Not much of a GOAT move in my book, but to each his or her own.
Simone was purportedly (I know nothing definitive) victim of sexual abuse at hands of someone entrusted to be her coach, an adult. Trusted advisor.

Tiger Woods was a self proclaimed sex addict who had it all. He cheated on his wife, mother if his children.

In what manner are they alike?

I guess that makes Jalen Hurd a VFL? He did some really good things here. He was having some mental issues. He quit when it got too tough. His accomplishments, though much lower in scale and dominance, aren't respected and most do not consider him a VFL.

Naomi Osaka was worse. She took a mental break from the spotlight and then went and did all kinds of magazine covers then lights the torch in front of the world. Could you imagine if Lebron, MJ, Durant all just quit playing in the finals? They’d be flamed. Media already calls Kyrie a nutcase because he takes mental days every time the wind changes directions. Biles shouldn’t have come to the olympics if it’s that serious.

Naomi Osaka was worse. She took a mental break from the spotlight and then went and did all kinds of magazine covers then lights the torch in front of the world. Could you imagine if Lebron, MJ, Durant all just quit playing in the finals? They’d be flamed. Media already calls Kyrie a nutcase because he takes mental days every time the wind changes directions. Biles shouldn’t have come to the olympics if it’s that serious.
who really cares?

Simone was purportedly (I know nothing definitive) victim of sexual abuse at hands of someone entrusted to be her coach, an adult. Trusted advisor.

Tiger Woods was a self proclaimed sex addict who had it all. He cheated on his wife, mother if his children.

In what manner are they alike?

I explained how they were alike. You can show the differences, but you cannot take away the similarities. The incidents of sexual abuse occurred when exactly? How was she able to win all those medals after the abuse occurred for all those years, but now she can't? Did being on Dancing with the Stars not trigger those same mental issues?

Reactions: jave36
I guess that makes Jalen Hurd a VFL? He did some really good things here. He was having some mental issues. He quit when it got too tough. His accomplishments, though much lower in scale and dominance, aren't respected and most do not consider him a VFL.
I know it’s not a popular opinion here, but I have forgiven him of his past transgressions and moved on. He was special and he was misused and lied to. Who knows where he was at mentally when he decided to leave mid season. Concussions are a hell of a thing. I’ve lost weeks of my life from one. Who knows how many he truly had. Never had a run the defense wasn’t in the backfield before he had the ball.

I explained how they were alike. You can show the differences, but you cannot take away the similarities. The incidents of sexual abuse occurred when exactly? How was she able to win all those medals after the abuse occurred for all those years, but now she can't? Did being on Dancing with the Stars not trigger those same mental issues?
So we're victim blaming now?

Golfers aren't running at max speed towards a vault and flipping multiple times through the air. Not really the same chance of injury or risk.

She said she didn't know where she was in the air on one of her routines. If she's off that could be a broken leg, dislocated shoulder, or possibly a broken neck if she lands wrong.

Just returned from getting round two of the gel injection in my left knee. This time, he pulled a small amount of fluid off before the injection. He told me most patients start feeling a noticeable difference after the 2nd one. Oh, can't remember who requested it, but doc said the gel injections have not shown to be beneficial in shoulder joints at this time since , more often than not, there is a tear in the labrum or rotator cuff.

FDA only approved gel injections for the knee. It will work well in any cartilage bearing joint. Insurance will only pay for the knee. Short sighted for the companies that did the research only on the knee…if they had presented it with hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, etc. then the FDA would have approved it for all joints….

It’s cost prohibitive to pay for it yourself.
PRP works just as well. No side effects since it’s made by you…lasts just as long as gel, costs significantly less (at least at my office).

I still can’t believe how many teams passed on him to make worthless selections. It may go down as one of the worst collective scouting failures in the history of the league.

And he wasn’t some under the radar guy at Division III State. He was a multiple time All-SEC caliber player.
Probably had more to do with his past and possible future health problems with the blood clots

I still can’t believe how many teams passed on him to make worthless selections. It may go down as one of the worst collective scouting failures in the history of the league.

And he wasn’t some under the radar guy at Division III State. He was a multiple time All-SEC caliber player.
My bad, double post

giphy (1).gif

Golfers aren't running at max speed towards a vault and flipping multiple times through the air. Not really the same chance of injury or risk.

She said she didn't know where she was in the air on one of her routines. If she's off that could be a broken leg, dislocated shoulder, or possibly a broken neck if she lands wrong.

They all take that chance on any flip or jump...don’t they? It’s muscle memory at this point...been doing it all her life. Sounds like an excuse...

I don't have any issues with Simone making a choice not to compete, would have been better to make that choice PRIOR to getting to Tokyo but I'm sure had she been in the same space she is now before the team was picked she would have made the choice then.

Better question is why are the uniform regulations on Women's Beach Volleyball the way they are. The men are basically wearing board shorts and tank tops, but the women need to wear handkerchiefs?
I'm guessing it's for the TV audience. I really believe guys watch the sport for the wrong reason.

My thoughts on the gymnast. She knew the pressures associated with the olympics and decided to participate. She knows her body and if she feels she cannot help her team succeed she made the right decision. I don’t know why she truly pulled out, but I’m sure she was aware of the consequences beforehand. Any flack that comes from this, deserved or not, is hers to bare not mine.

I didn’t even know who she was and have no knowledge of gymnastics. I couldn’t do a flip on a trampoline and land on my feet. I doubt I could walk across the horse things in front of all those people and not fall off. She is by far a better athlete than anyone I know personally. Mad respect is given for just qualifying for the Olympics even if she didn’t have the prestigious career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back