Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t be surprised if we see Missouri jump (or pushed out the door) to the Big10, especially if a natural rival like Kansas makes the jump too.

That would give the SEC 5 spots to fill to make it 20.

Clemson
FSU
Virginia school
North Carolina school
Louisville???

Doubt Mizzou would leave the new SEC money. Gotta be significantly more than B1G.

2/3 of schools would have to vote to kick them out. Really hard to see that happening too. It's not like there is any ill will or impetus.

Things couldn't have gotten anymore challenging for CH. lol Recruiting is really going to to be interesting. I mean it could be good for the real UT cause more kids will want to play in this super conference more than ever.

Kids already picking those schools over us anyway so doesn’t really matter imo. Going to be hard anyway until you win and at who knows it might get better on us schedule wise if you don’t have Fla/uga/Bama yearly

Not sure what they're talking about, but I've now heard a couple different national commentators talk about how Texas is such a rogue program and has destroyed more than 1 past conference because of how they operate.

Anyone know the history there? Sounds interesting.
Go to the A&M fan board and read up on the news of them joining the SEC. Personally, it mostly sounds like...

1627354011173.gif

So this guy is simulating NBA seasons with all the best players in NBA history spread throughout the league. But of course, they also simulate a draft every offseason. Fast forward to 59:00. A familiar name pops up on OKC’s team.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Kids already picking those schools over us anyway so doesn’t really matter imo. Going to be hard anyway until you win and at who knows it might get better on us schedule wise if you don’t have Fla/uga/Bama yearly

Winning cures everything of course. I'm not surprised kids are picking other school over us after this past years and new staff. I did find a comment off of Football scoop about each conference pulling away from the NCAA and governing themselves. very interesting. I wonder how that will effect our investigation now?

Yeah, let them band together however. They were tethered to the Rose Bowl all those years.

If SEC wants more let's focus on the ACC.
OSU and Michigan would bring the most money. Take Penn St so B1G has an uneven number lol.

Then grab Clemson, FSU, Miami, VT, and UNC from the ACC.

24 teams and the B1G and ACC will struggle to survive. We'll crush them in every metric. The PAC and Big 12 will crumble to the G5. Then we'll own everything and win the game finally.

Someone may be forced out but no one will be walking away. Just to much money. The NIL drives everything... and that's why we may end up with three or just one super conference. We don't really know how the NIL rules will work out yet.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I think with the NIL and the way the SEC reacted to the NCAA over trying to cancel the season over COVID last year has brought this on. The SEC wield a big stick and told them to suck it, we are having a season. The SEC is still trying to wield the big stick this off-season.

Some of the big 10 podcast guys were making the case that the SEC could force a super conference that breaks away from the NCAA.

Honestly, no one knows what to think right now.

Reactions: beneVOLence
Some of the big 10 podcast guys were making the case that the SEC could force a super conference that breaks away from the NCAA.

Honestly, no one knows what to think right now.
Curious as to what the point of that would be. Takes a lot of time and money to do all that (rule-making, enforcement, offering all the SA services) and they currently have someone to do it for free.

Do they want some drastically different rules than what they could have under the ncaa? Paying players? Surely they wouldn't give up money. Not sure what else they could want to do that they can't currently. Being a governing body sure isn't a money making endeavor that's for sure.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
Post em...don't be selfish. They definitely don't do them justice, but they sure seem to make people feel better.
Ok. So since we’ve been talking about GT, here’s a couple from there to start with.
Even on an ugly day this place is crazy beautiful

Attachments

• 475C3604-7108-4619-B574-D870D8F10361.jpeg
    475C3604-7108-4619-B574-D870D8F10361.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 34
  • 750101ED-6330-41DA-8ECA-5988D0C9E838.jpeg
    750101ED-6330-41DA-8ECA-5988D0C9E838.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back