Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we add ou and texas, we should just do away with divisions, because say we do add them then we would never play any of the sec west teams, since we would already have 8 teams in our said division, that would only leave for ine cross division game a year unless we only have 3 ooc games and do 9 conference games
They’d reconfigure the conference so that teams would play each other MORE frequently I think

I mean I wouldn't mind seeing Coach Barnes walk into Austin and put a beat down on the Longhorns once a year...

But I feel like as said earlier it mostly only helps Texas and OU...what real benefit does the SEC get. You're already killing the other conferences in viewership & $$$ as is...are those two fanbases really going to set you up to draw in more?

I also hate the idea of a 16 team conference (not a huge fan of 14 honestly) so I'd rather see a trade rather than just add 2 more.

This is a little short sighted IMO.
Maybe so.

I could just be pessimistic, but I think we're far closer to Nebraska, Michigan, Colorado, etc. than we realize.

Adding OU, Texas, and moving Auburn and Alabama to the east only cements that, in my opinion. It doesn't mean we can't be relevant again. It just makes it exponentially harder.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I get that money talks loud, but it's hard to see Texas giving up ALL the power they have in the Big 12. They control that conference more than Bama controls the SEC (not on the field, but off)
I also heard on the radio this morning (don't know if it's true) that the OK State Legislature mandates that OU and OSU be in the same conference. Something to look into.

Hey. I just got offered free Master's tickets. I couldn't care less about golf but I am going to go so I can say that I went. Maybe I'll see some hit a shot were the ball goes in the hole the first time they hit it with the stick thing.
It should be a bucket list for everyone that loves sports. You will have a great time and you might even want to start playing yourself.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Maybe so.

I could just be pessimistic, but I think we're far closer to Nebraska, Michigan, Colorado, etc. than we realize.

Adding OU, Texas, and moving Auburn and Alabama to the east only cements that, in my opinion. It doesn't mean we can't be relevant again. It just makes it exponentially harder.
It effing sucks that these type moves, of which bigger picture cannot be seen, are hard to undo.

Ive enjoyed having SC & Arkansas in SEC. It was fun then, adding Mizzou and Tamu, has made it unbearable at times. I have a young family so, sitting down for 4 hour game is rarely happening, esp when the product is bad.

Itd be enjoyable enough to take a kid and enjoy a halfway decent product. But with little to no dofference anymore between pro and College, its a big ask to watch, to pay to watch a sloppy, crappy game where you know other team has paid players yet we threw book at ourselves...

Instant replay, crappy officiating...its a big ask. I think Pro's will see a big increase in viewership

Hey. I just got offered free Master's tickets. I couldn't care less about golf but I am going to go so I can say that I went. Maybe I'll see some hit a shot were the ball goes in the hole the first time they hit it with the stick thing.
I believe they call that a trou en un.

Playing devils advocate, but we haven't seen any of these QB's run this offense. How does anyone know what Mauer can do?CJH wanted him at UCF for a reason.......
Spring Game doesn't mean squat.
I like Maurer. He's gained a lot, can still move, throws the ball pretty good. If he can get the decision making down and stay off the injury train, I think he has as good a shot as anyone.

I mean I wouldn't mind seeing Coach Barnes walk into Austin and put a beat down on the Longhorns once a year...

But I feel like as said earlier it mostly only helps Texas and OU...what real benefit does the SEC get. You're already killing the other conferences in viewership & $$$ as is...are those two fanbases really going to set you up to draw in more?

I also hate the idea of a 16 team conference (not a huge fan of 14 honestly) so I'd rather see a trade rather than just add 2 more.
LWS says their addition will instantly add billions of $s to the SEC coffers.

You know who probably doesn’t like this?? Steve Sarkisian and Lincoln Riley. Go to a MUCH harder conference and make your road to the playoff 10x harder.

And why now?? It’s not like either Texas or Oklahoma would get left out of conference realignment. Any conference office would love to have them be a part of their conference.

I get that money talks loud, but it's hard to see Texas giving up ALL the power they have in the Big 12. They control that conference more than Bama controls the SEC (not on the field, but off)
I also heard on the radio this morning (don't know if it's true) that the OK State Legislature mandates that OU and OSU be in the same conference. Something to look into.

Also SEC Media day was dominated by discussion about OU & Texas...something else to think about.

Reactions: drvenner
Not gonna miss any of pruitt’s guys at all. Not one tiny little bitty bit. None were really Vols. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Only one that I want to see get totally embarrassed is ht. I really want to see him start against Tennessee. I want to see CJH scheme against his weaknesses. Lots of yards for TEs and slot receivers…lots of YAC for RBs after they mack truck him. Once we saw his true colors, didn’t want him to stay at Tennessee, but bama? Come on.
😊

Reactions: hooter vol

What day and how many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back