Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sexton doesn’t personally represent Tony V, at least I don’t think he would unless he took a personal interest in ****ing us over real good one more time for shiggles.

as an AD? or just football?

I didnt like the Huepel hire, thought it was lazy. I think its good hote for us now
Nowhere near ready to declare…but it’s looking promising. What I’ve been desiring for forever (in vain), is for our HC to technically OUTCOACH others on a consistent basis. We’ve had great fundamentals types who delegate to proficient offensive and defensive minds…but we were always at an immediate disadvantage against the Steve Spurriers. Whatever he threw out against us worked. Not since Dickey have we had an offensive innovator who could adjust on the fly. Thought Pruitt might be that for us on the defensive angle…but we saw what happened. Having a big program to sell seems to sit well with him in recruiting. Seeing momentum.

Sexton doesn’t personally represent Tony V, at least I don’t think he would unless he took a personal interest in ****ing us over real good one more time for shiggles.

I’ve heard that Tony hired him as his agent not too long ago. I could be wrong.

If I’m not wrong, then expect to hear “Tony has one foot on the plane to Baton Rouge” from now until LSU hires someone or we announce an extension.

I’ve heard that Tony hired him as his agent not too long ago. I could be wrong.

If I’m not wrong, then expect to hear “Tony has one foot on the plane to Baton Rouge” from now until LSU hires someone or we announce an extension.
you're not, but he's represented by his agency, not him personally. Sexton has so many clients that he can't actually represent them all himself, i think he only does the big money guys. Vitello, despite the money he's coming into, isn't in that pool.

I know BVS is strong with LSU and Vitello, and I’m not saying he’s not leaving, but Basilio said the below a few minutes ago.

Basilio says LSU AD is in Omaha. Says he’s heard he wants to get a look at UVA coach Brian O’Connor. Has ties with Mainieri. He says he’s heard there’s no smoke around LSU and TV based off of people he’s talked to.

This honestly makes sense. If I'm an LSU fan, I want a guy with a proven track record. TV is great for Tennessee and I definitely want to keep him. But if I'm LSU, I'm thinking there's still the very real chance he's a flash-in-the-pan - let me get someone who's taken a team to a CWS multiple times and has actually won one...

This honestly makes sense. If I'm an LSU fan, I want a guy with a proven track record. TV is great for Tennessee and I definitely want to keep him. But if I'm LSU, I'm thinking there's still the very real chance he's a flash-in-the-pan - let me get someone who's taken a team to a CWS multiple times and has actually won one...
Recency bias is real. LSU fans are all in on Vitello. I see a few that don’t want him, but it’s not for those reasons. It’s because of his on field demeanor.

Reactions: SoilVol
I agree. Who knows if this season is the high water mark for Vitello? Most football fans believed Marino would make it back to the Super Bowl after the trip early in his career but that never materialized.

Reactions: Revived2002
you're not, but he's represented by his agency, not him personally. Sexton has so many clients that he can't actually represent them all himself, i think he only does the big money guys. Vitello, despite the money he's coming into, isn't in that pool.

Ah, ok. Doesn’t really matter, they’ll use the same modus operandi. They’re really aggressive with media narrative control.

Recency bias is real. LSU fans are all in on Vitello. I see a few that don’t want him, but it’s not for those reasons. It’s because of his on field demeanor.
Most LSU fans want him but I had the heard the rumor that the LSU AD wanted someone with a better track record.

Exactly.

O'Connor and Bianco are the candidates that make the MOST sense for LSU. Maybe the Arizona coach.

Pat made around $750k. Tennessee is prepared to pay upwards of a million to TV, and its easy for them to justify that contract. It's not easy for LSU to justify paying TV more (yet) than they were paying their national championship-winning coach.

It's very easy for LSU to justify making O'Connor the highest or second-highest paid coach in college baseball. If I'm LSU, he's my #1 and Bianco is my backup.

Exactly.

O'Connor and Bianco are the candidates that make the MOST sense for LSU. Maybe the Arizona coach.

Pat made around $750k. Tennessee is prepared to pay upwards of a million to TV, and its easy for them to justify that contract. It's not easy for LSU to justify paying TV more (yet) than they were paying their national championship-winning coach.

It's very easy for LSU to justify making O'Connor the highest or second-highest paid coach in college baseball. If I'm LSU, he's my #1 and Bianco is my backup.
Tennessee is prepared to pay upwards of 2 million. LSU is willing to go higher. Bianco is out, he just signed an extension. O'Connor makes no sense, he got hot at the right time to get to omaha, but their overall record is average.

He is 6’4 290….. probably a guard in the SEC….. his video showed quick feet and good at pulling like the staff wants…. He played high school football in one of the most restrictive states in the country so I’m positive he hasn’t been scouted properly and his ranking is probably inaccurate.
I'm not saying you're wrong about this kid, I don't know. But this is picture perfect proof that anything can be spun as positive.

Tennessee is prepared to pay upwards of 2 million. LSU is willing to go higher. Bianco is out, he just signed an extension. O'Connor makes no sense, he got hot at the right time to get to omaha, but their overall record is average.

O’Connor has a national championship on his resume and was a Mainieri assistant at Notre Dame. He checks a lot of boxes for them.

Talk about recency bias. How many years has this guy lead UVA to the CWS? Consistency is key and he has it

Existence as a Tennessee fan be like
tumblr_inline_oadrh7QMt31u2s4s8_500.gifv

What movie/show is this scene from? I have seen it but can’t remember…
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back