Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that, but Miami won fine this year with him in the locker room. He’s be starting somewhere if he had the talent. Salter does so I don’t think it’s a fair comparison
Not sure why people are piling on him over that post. He's promoting himself based upon potential. If someone wants to pay him to use his NIL, good for him.

Not sure why people are piling on him over that post. He's promoting himself based upon potential. If someone wants to pay him to use his NIL, good for him.

That's fine I have no problem with kids promoting their names, but I do have a problem with a kid that's promoting his name when has been nothing but trouble since arriving. What he should do is stay off social media, because when the only thing we have to say about this kid is, he got in trouble with the police when he arrived, he posted some other tweet a while back that got some people heated, and now this? Come on.

That’s not why they are more balanced…… in college basketball….. it is the one and done rule and also the 3 point line….. in college baseball….. it is the lack of scholarships that spreads the talent out…. You can only give out 11.5 scholarships…..a bigger playoff system may equal some things out but not sure how much.

Disagree. But that's OK.

The NCAA has increased the size of the field in college basketball numerous times since the first time in 1951. The reason is that it worked in expanding the game. Which is why March Madness came into existence. Look at the hundreds of teams that compete to get into the field.

The 3 point line was introduced in 1967 in the pros and become a thing with the ABA/NBA over time. The 3 point line did not even get introduced in college basketball until 1986, long after the tournament had been expanded successfully several times.

Before one and done it was zero and done. Moses Malone and LeBron as examples. College basketball kept right on growing and doing great.

Before the current football scholarships limits it was like 40 or more per year at some schools, which was decreased over the years. Cut it some more to 20 and watch what happens.

In college baseball there were no specific scholarships back when I played. Schools would give general athletic, academics, or combined scholarships in partial/full amounts. The CWS did not become what is now until a little over 20 years ago. It stayed 8 teams in various formats for over 50 years. Once they opened it up like college basketball it exploded with hundreds of colleges getting into it. Which came from expanding the CWS format.

Doing things as they always have been done and expecting different results will not produce a better sport in CFB. Protecting the same programs will continue to undermine it. Level the playing field for any college to invest into it with the same legitimate goal to winning it all as the NCAA's pets get now.

Disagree. But that's OK.

The NCAA has increased the size of the field in college basketball numerous times since the first time in 1951. The reason is that it worked in expanding the game. Which is why March Madness came into existence. Look at the hundreds of teams that compete to get into the field.

The 3 point line was introduced in 1967 in the pros and become a thing with the ABA/NBA over time. The 3 point line did not even get introduced in college basketball until 1986, long after the tournament had been expanded successfully several times.

Before one and done it was zero and done. Moses Malone and LeBron as examples. College basketball kept right on growing and doing great.

Before the current football scholarships limits it was like 40 or more per year at some schools, which was decreased over the years. Cut it some more to 20 and watch what happens.

In college baseball there were no specific scholarships back when I played. Schools would give general athletic, academics, or combined scholarships in partial/full amounts. The CWS did not become what is now until a little over 20 years ago. It stayed 8 teams in various formats for over 50 years. Once they opened it up like college basketball it exploded with hundreds of colleges getting into it. Which came from expanding the CWS format.

Doing things as they always have been done and expecting different results will not produce a better sport in CFB. Protecting the same programs will continue to undermine it. Level the playing field for any college to invest into it with the same legitimate goal to winning it all as the NCAA's pets get now.

Baseball and Basketball. Enough said. Waiting on football.

You have random teams like Dallas Baptist, Wright State, Virginia playing for a chance, not Bama, Clemson, OSU, Oklahoma, etc. every damn year.

Baseball and Basketball. Enough said. Waiting on football.

You have random teams like Dallas Baptist, Wright State, Virginia playing for a chance, not Bama, Clemson, OSU, Oklahoma, etc. every damn year.
There is parity in those sports because they have significantly less talent on the whole. If all players were forced to stay for three years, the same 6 teams would be in the elite 8 every year in basketball too.

Not sure I would want to get Bama out of the playoff every year by gutting CFB of all of the talent.

Reactions: jave36
There is parity in those sports because they have significantly less talent on the whole. If all players were forced to stay for three years, the same 6 teams would be in the elite 8 every year in basketball too.

Not sure I would want to get Bama out of the playoff every year by gutting CFB of all of the talent.

Yeah, no.

We had the same amount talent as UK, Duke, etc. What? We lost in the first round with a veteran squad. UK didn't even make the tourney with their Alabama team like usual.

Yeah, no.

We had the same amount talent as UK, Duke, etc. What? We lost in the first round with a veteran squad. UK didn't even make the tourney with their Alabama team like usual.
We didn’t have a veteran squad….. our top two players were freshman…. Kentucky replaces players every season.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Gave up trying to reply, Trippie. Don't know what happened, but I agree in general.

Which is why I am in favor of the 16 team playoff as my first choice. The build-up to the NC would be incredible as would the financial payout. The lesser seeded teams would be given a fair shot and would absolutely know what they had to do in the future to make it to the FF. Over the course of several seasons there would be enough participants involved that parity in recruiting would begin to break the stranglehold of the top 4-5 programs. All we have to do is look at college basketball and baseball to see how it would open things up. The talent is getting more balanced. You have to bring your A game every time or risk getting knocked out. Same could happen in CFB if they would go this route.

16 team playoff makes most sense by far. 10 spots reserved for the 10 conference champions and 6 at large bids, all seeded by ranking. No byes. Makes too much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back