Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Heupel is going to have to take the Barnes approach to restoring UT football. Recruit solid 3 star players. Develop those players. Beat the teams we should always beat (Vandy, Mizzou, SC, KY) with a few upsets. Then more talented recruits will come. Only problem is that he does not have Barnes experience and reputation. Hopefully Heupel’s offense can bridge the gap and his defensive staff can really coach them up.
Maybe staff can sprinkle in a few 4 stars too

IMO, Heupel is going to have to take the Barnes approach to restoring UT football. Recruit solid 3 star players. Develop those players. Beat the teams we should always beat (Vandy, Mizzou, SC, KY) with a few upsets. Then more talented recruits will come. Only problem is that he does not have Barnes experience and reputation. Hopefully Heupel’s offense can bridge the gap and his defensive staff can really coach them up.
Maybe staff can sprinkle in a few 4 stars too

This is where I'm at.

Not any huge surprise but Ben on Swain said that Malachi Wideman is not on the roster and not expected to be on this team. Swain alluded to motivation issues. That’s disappointing as I thought he would be a good one.
Updated today that he wasn’t attending classes.

That’s contrary to basically every performance metric. Kids are more specialized and better than ever. More ready for college ball and pro ball sooner than ever before.
Specialization is fine when you reach high school if you are properly taking care of your body. The problem lies in that the coaches do not allow a proper timeframe for rest for young players. Like anyone that works out knows, proper rest is as important to being healthy as is the workout.

3. MORE ON PROGRAMS THAT SQUANDER THE MOST TALENT
1. Georgia – I laid this out on Twitter. The average ranking per year over the 20 years of Rivals.com recruiting classes is 6.4 and the Bulldogs still haven't won a national title and haven’t won the SEC nearly enough based on those numbers. This really isn’t a debate. Fans can shape it any way they like, and Georgia has played for a national title recently, but with near top-five recruiting classes every year more success is warranted. Will UGA win it all under Kirby Smart? I believe it will, but until it does, it’s a rough stat to look at.
- Farrell

1623771414557.gif

If you are as old as @VolsDoc81TX , maybe you need a spare?

My prostate has two speeds…sleep mode and active mode. Make sure you get the manual shift upgrade. Automatic mode shift version doesn’t always work correctly. Guys that don’t get the upgrade are up frequently at night having to go pee…😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back