Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says every generation about the one that follows them.

No one has ever had it harder than the generation that preceded yours, just ask them.

I don't think anyone congratulating him on this move is now somehow going to play less hard against Alabama in October.

"Our generation is tougher" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You ever played a sport? Win?

4 HS state championships in a row say otherwise btw :(

Edit: Yeah, didn't think so. Pathetic
I played every sport growing up. I was particularly good at baseball while you were in your room playing video games all day.

Who freaking cares? Take some pride in your program. "Oh golly gee guys, who cares that Henry transferred and went to our biggest rival who has beaten us all these years in a row. Who cares that he's going to be beating us on the field this fall and tackling our very players who are congratulating him, or that he'll be smoking a cigar in our locker room celebrating it. All that matters is that everyone is trying their best and having fun and that everyone gets pizza and ice cream after the games over."

Go cheer for someone else

Swain and crew were some tough dudes back in their day. Didn't think he would take it lightly.

Got to start recruiting a different type player, which I think Heup is probably trying to do. Maybe inviting more real VFL's around the program will rub off.
Imagine All Wilson on twitter "congrats fam, go be great!" Yeah right. Big Al would be meeting him on the field before or after the game.

I played every sport growing up. I was particularly good at baseball while you were in your room playing video games all day.

Who freaking cares? Take some pride in your program. "Oh golly gee guys, who cares that Henry transferred and went to our biggest rival who has beaten us all these years in a row. Who cares that he's going to be beating us on the field this fall and tackling our very players who are congratulating him, or that he'll be smoking a cigar in our locker room celebrating it. All that matters is that everyone is trying their best and having fun and that everyone gets pizza and ice cream after the games over."

Go cheer for someone else

Playing and winning are two different things. IDGAF IF YOU PLAYED THE SPORT, DID YOU WIN? YES OR NO

quit being a bum ass boy for a second

look at who these 18-22 year-olds are idolizing and watching today.. Everywhere you look in the pros, they're swapping jerseys, taking pics with each other, etc.. This is across all sports.. When there is a true rivalry/bad blood between players/teams, ESPN and FS1 spend all week on 50 different shows breaking it down saying "there's no place for this" yada yada yada.. do participation trophies have anything to do with it? nah.. it has more to do with "let me get this pic for my instagram" social media BS than anything else.. Hell, look at Fulky.. dude was decapitated by an elbow from a FLORIDA GATOR that cost him the remainder of his season, and he's in front of the microphone the next day talking about how everything is going to be ok, it was an accident, he apologized, etc.. If this was 15-20 years ago, they might still be throwing hands on the court.. its just a different time and although I hate it, we're all gonna have to come around to accept it eventually..
I don't even care that they remain friends. But dude transferred to Alabama. Be friends after the season. Be friends after graduating. But the idea of congratulating a dude who transferred to your yearly cross divisional rivalry who will be tackling your teammates and smoking cigars celebrating beating you is an absolute joke.

Dudes on a message board legislating how world-class athletes should act in feel about "rivalries" is really, really funny.
No, I go by what past elite athletes said about rivalry. Go ask Al Wilson what he thinks. Go listen to Magic's last line in the Lakers Celtics 30 for 30. This isn't something massage board people are making up.

I don't even care that they remain friends. But dude transferred to Alabama. Be friends after the season. Be friends after graduating. But the idea of congratulating a dude who transferred to your yearly cross divisional rivalry who will be tackling your teammates and smoking cigars celebrating beating you is an absolute joke.
Yeah. If I'm Small, the first A-C gap call I get, I'm trucking the **** outta Po'o Po'o

I got the really cool opportunity a couple of weeks ago to spend some time talking to Jevon Kearse. We talked about them losing to TN in 1998 and one of the things he said was how he and Al Wilson had gotten to be good friends going all the way back to stuff they did around the 1997 All-SEC team.....but yeah, those were some sissies that always hated their opponent.

Give it a rest, he transferred to Bama and will most likely sit on the bench or play special teams.

Imagine All Wilson on twitter "congrats fam, go be great!" Yeah right. Big Al would be meeting him on the field before or after the game.
If your son went to Alabama to play football, would you disown him and want Tennessee to teach him a lesson on the field? My guess is that you would probably support him and put an Alabama decal on your truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back