Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to think like that but I also blindly thought the same about Pruitt and DBs. I’m damaged goods.

I’m going to cautiously guard my heart this time.

NHDC (not here don’t care also can be applied to no longer present coaches and admin)

Snap and Clear. 2020 football is in the rear view mirror. Box it up and bury it.

2021 season will be different top to bottom.
I am fired up thinking about all three phases. Truly aggressive in every phase. Coaches that know mistakes will happen and can move past a mistake and actually are ready to counteract that mistake.

It’s a whole new era AND I LIKE IT.

IMO there should be zero expectations. This is a total rebuild - a total revamping of the program. Psychologically, physically, schematically, recruiting targets, relationship building - everything. Football is football, it's still about the ball, blocking, tackling, etc. But everything about how it will be done and the type players who will do it has changed. It's a fresh start. How the existing players did things in the past really doesn't matter because it will be done differently now. Players are smart. They know if they can get it done in the system or not. So more may leave soon while others embrace it and go far beyond what most on here think they can.

So I'm just going to enjoy the process and see what happens.

I have two expectations:

I expect to see a Tennessee football team that each player lives: I will give my all for Tennessee today.

I expect to see a team that will embrace The Maxims.

After listening to Coach Ekeler, he may just say The Maxims before bed every night. 🤠

Liked ole Sage. Iowa State product when that meant nothing. I see “watched his film” references on several boards and wholeheartedly agree with him on this. I include myself as addressed.
Well said!
I have zero idea what I'm looking for "on film."
The only thing I can see, is when I go to a High School game, and so-n-so dominates, then I think he's pretty good.

It's like an average golfer trying to critique a golf swing..............

tenor.gif
Here ya go VN.........Tell me every detail that is right and wrong. GO

Well thank goodness we have you around to prevent us from having any inappropriate optimism.
I thought Pruitt was going to get it done and I predicted 7-3 or 8-2 last year. Wish I hadn’t because it was 4 months of torture watching the football team tank. I’m in a wait and see mode this year. Expect the worse and hope for the best.

Reactions: UTMVol76
Well said!
I have zero idea what I'm looking for "on film."
The only thing I can see, is when I go to a High School game, and so-n-so dominates, then I think he's pretty good.

It's like an average golfer trying to critique a golf swing..............

tenor.gif
Here ya go VN.........Tell me every detail that is right and wrong. GO

I recommend she finds another sport. lol

Did Coach JH decide to pull the trigger on getting Milton after being disappointed by the QBs on that big scrimmage Saturday? Because that's what it seems like

Basically no practice (Spring or Fall). A few Sunday night practices. A pruitt micromanaged QB coach in weinke, a horrible offensive scheme devised by pruitt to minimize turnovers (actually maximized), an OL coach that seemed to perfect the minimalist protection scheme, and the list could go on endlessly for how horrible his first year of college football was...

Now he has a legitimate group of coaches, but with an offensive scheme that’s in a completely different direction than the miserably complex ineffective scheme from last year.

I think that unfortunately a portal QB could be a replacement for Salter if he bolts rather than anything else. I hope that Salter toughs it out and stays, but man up isn’t a way to describe today’s youth. When the going gets tough, quit immediately and transfer is their mantra.

I am withholding all judgment until the first snap this Fall.

Didnt Salter’s family move here or something like that? I don’t see him leaving, but people want to paint that narrative because of 1 dumb mistake from a 17 year old.

They said a bunch of dumb **** on the BWCC Podcast sponsored by BWCC.

AP seems to think you go get two dozen more QBs if you have to until you fix the position. I think that's silly. There are no finished products in the portal. You are going to have to develop your guy whoever it is, and the more QBs you have, the harder that is going to be to do. CJH is probably already hoping Maurer or Bailey transfer. You can't practice 5 QBs.

And then Hubbs went on some tangeant about how schools are going to stop having Spring games because the games were streamed instead of on cable. No idea what the **** he's talking about on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back