Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his dad (and all dads for that matter) are overplayed in these conversations. MOST have their kid’s backs and are heavily biased. We expect them to be objective program fans. Can’t help you with a message board poster “with sources” thing...that’s new world territory. 😉
Agreed, his dad has certainly been overplayed on VN

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Wouldn’t it make sense that Milton is just a guy they’re really comfortable/familiar with since he’s from Orlando, and that’s why they wanted him on board?

And a guy with 3 yrs of eligibility. Heupel offered him at Mizzu. I think it’s just Heupel knows at least one guy is transferring. Then he has a freshman QB that is a bit wild that if allowed to return will be on zero tolerance with school. I think this is a we need bodies not just now but next yr as well. I doubt they take Milton if he was a one yr only guy. 3 yrs is intriguing to a coach especially for a guy that has been in a power five program

He still has a redshirt so could really take a lot of time to work on his mechanics and try to develop. Way too early to write him off
That’s one of the cons of playing a freshman too early, like we were forced to do because of *preface the Kentucky game. They get the start and believe they’re ready. I believe last year did more damage to HB than anything else.

I’m trying to think like that but I also blindly thought the same about Pruitt and DBs. I’m damaged goods.

I’m going to cautiously guard my heart this time.

I just want to be entertained on Saturdays in the fall. If this guy can fling it around in Heupel’s offense and help make most games competitive, I’m all for it.

I have a pretty low level of expectations these days

Wonder if his family will refund all that GoFund me money from UT fans if he bolts...
stop - I contributed to that effort
They shouldn't feel inclined to, it was a donation with no strings attached in an attempt to help someone who needed it. I hope Vol fans would not want that money refunded. Being someone who donated, I would just wish the kid well if he bolted.
Ditto

IMO there should be zero expectations. This is a total rebuild - a total revamping of the program. Psychologically, physically, schematically, recruiting targets, relationship building - everything. Football is football, it's still about the ball, blocking, tackling, etc. But everything about how it will be done and the type players who will do it has changed. It's a fresh start. How the existing players did things in the past really doesn't matter because it will be done differently now. Players are smart. They know if they can get it done in the system or not. So more may leave soon while others embrace it and go far beyond what most on here think they can.

So I'm just going to enjoy the process and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back