Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
VQ podcast and there talking about how they don’t know what the DL will be asked to do - if they will be gap control like last year or asked to make plays.

Two days ago RG literally said when asked that the DL was changing from last year. Last year they were asked to mirror set and gap control and going forward they’ll be asked to attack.

Later Austin Price chimes in that we’re not going after “that Ravenwood corner” (Myles Pollard) when Pollard himself (and @vol4092) has said communications are blossoming lately.

Earlier this week Price said he liked where we were with the Wade’s, hours before Wilfong CBs them to Kentucky.

And let’s not forget when he “taught Simpson how to play the game” and kept beating the Tennessee still in it, when Simpson decided Alabama weeks prior.

How out of touch has VQ become?????

Do people still pay for this “information?”

Edit: and they close the podcast released the morning that Venson sneed commits by saying they think Sneed commits in May.

😂😂🙄

Last edited:
Our are you guys over here handling this recruiting?

giphy.gif

It’s really a video. Filmed with a tripod.
This site won’t let me post the video. So I posted a still frame.
Btw, I am an athlete and a strength & conditioning coach.
There’s a reason for recording sets. Don’t have nothing to prove to anyone. Nice try tho! 👍🏾
Its like filming practice.
You get to see how the rep moves, how it felt and see any corrections that need to be made if there was any form breakdown.
So you filmed it in black and white to watch your form? Weird.

VQ podcast and there talking about how they don’t know what the DL will be asked to do - if they will be gap control like last year or asked to make plays.

Two days ago RG literally said when asked that the DL was changing from last year. Last year they were asked to mirror set and gap control and going forward they’ll be asked to attack.

Later Austin Price chimes in that we’re not going after “that Ravenwood corner” (Myles Pollard) when Pollard himself (and @vol4092) has said communications are blossoming lately.

Earlier this week Price said he liked where we were with the Wade’s, hours before Wilfong CBs them to Kentucky.

And let’s not forget when he “taught Simpson how to play the game” and kept beating the Tennessee still in it, when Simpson decided Alabama weeks prior.

The problem is that the other options for Vols information are less than stellar as well. Swain/Ainge/Bassillio? Each no better in regards to actual information, which IMO is due to the nature of the information to begin with. They always have a build in excuse by saying, "it's fluid", "these are 17 year old kids, who know what they're really going to do", etc. VQ seems to be living off of a previously established relationship, but it's evident that they're no longer in the know in regards to what is actually taking place both on the Hill and in the recruiting landscape.

Yep, pretty sure a couple of DLinemen and Garner have alluded that the DL will be more of an attacking style than reactionary. I like it..

There’s a kid at the high school I went to who’s shooting up the recruiting rankings for PF’s in the class of 2022. His school was won 10 of the last 11 region titles and 4 straight state titles up until this year too. Wonder if we’d be interested?

Noah Clowney, Dorman, Power Forward
That's a three star. Rick Barnes don't recruit no three stars.

tenor.gif

The problem is that the other options for Vols information are less than stellar as well. Swain/Ainge/Bassillio? Each no better in regards to actual information, which IMO is due to the nature of the information to begin with. They always have a build in excuse by saying, "it's fluid", "these are 17 year old kids, who know what they're really going to do", etc. VQ seems to be living off of a previously established relationship, but it's evident that they're no longer in the know in regards to what is actually taking place both on the Hill and in the recruiting landscape.

Matt Ray with SI (@vol4092) is much better.
Eric Cain with his daily Locked on Vols podcasts are good as well.

VQ definitely struggling since the last staff left. They seem to know less than a VN poster at this point.

Matt Ray with SI (@vol4092) is much better.
Eric Cain with his daily Locked on Vols podcasts are good as well.

VQ definitely struggling since the last staff left. They seem to know less than a VN poster at this point.

Yep, forgot about Matt Ray, he does a good job. I'll have to check out Eric Cain, don't know that I've followed any of his stuff as of yet. Thanks.

Reactions: mikemist
So you filmed it in black and white to watch your form? Weird.
Are you trying to be dense on purpose? I see you have nothing but ill intent so I’ll stop responding to you after this.
It’s a screen shot. There’s new technology in the world. Programs and apps like photoshop, or even just using photo edit on iPhone. You can turn a color picture into black & white.
✌🏾

I hope our football program can learn from the example that Coach Barnes and our basketball team have set in regard to rebuilding. The combination of Martin and Donnie nearly brought it to ground, but all it takes is the right hire and mentality to raise it back it up. I will entertain the caveat that it's much easier to turnover a 15 man roster than a 100 man roster.

Edit: and they close the podcast released the morning that Venson sneed commits by saying they think Sneed commits in May.

😂😂🙄

It will be more 1 gap then before on the DL which is good but they will still be pretty multiple Bc of the diversity between the Interior and Exterior DLmen. Kirby and Georgia has set the standard at trying to be 50-50 on even and odd fronts. We will probably be more 60-40 but I think guys like Middleton, Harrison, Baron, butler that have some versatility will really see a benefit. Middleton could be one of the best DL we’ve had in a long time here if he works at it. I’ve heard really positive things about Bryson Eason at DE too.

Yea, but their less than stellar info is free tho...

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back