Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bama and Clemson have both turned their last two full time starting QBs into (most likely) first round picks.

If you're smart you go to college because of the job you want after college. Same goes for picking a college to play football at if you are a top recruit.

Trying to use the in-state angle or some child hood fandom to override that fact is like trying to use monopoly money at Caesar's palace.
It's all about the second contract. If you don't get there then you're capped. Nfl will pick up on it. If Tua can't succeed (it's because he isn't taught what open means in the NFL and thinks they are covered) then it'll be challenging for Mac Jones to sniff success, same with any QB that comes out of there. A year of BOB and then who? Bama has had the luxury of having a doofus on staff for a couple years and transitioning. Looks like that line has come to an end.

3 step process...
1) Develop the 3 and 4-star players we have and can get and for the love of Pete, WIN THE GAMES WE ARE SUPPOSED TO - PERIOD!!
2) Some of the 3-star recruits will become 4-star and some of the 4-star will become 5-star (based on not being a crappy coached team)...
3) Start winning some of the games we "aren't" supposed to win and they will quickly become games we "should" win!

Coaching staff should be able to handle step 1 with our current players!

3 step process...
1) Develop the 3 and 4-star players we have and can get and for the love of Pete, WIN THE GAMES WE ARE SUPPOSED TO - PERIOD!!
2) Some of the 3-star recruits will become 4-star and some of the 4-star will become 5-star (based on not being a crappy coached team)...
3) Start winning some of the games we "aren't" supposed to win and they will quickly become games we "should" win!

Coaching staff should be able to handle step 1 with our current players!
Pretty much.

And there's a step 0 before all of this - get the NCAA issue(s) behind us

We have to stabilize before we can do any sort of forward/proactive movement, like you've laid out. I agree with you though, this is 3 years minimum best case, 5-7 years the hard way.

Good for Ty Simpson. Hope he and whoever Tennessee’s QB ends up being both have great careers.

See, it’s actually not that hard. No one has to hate the kid.
Hell no don't hate him. Cade should have taught us something. One time transfer rule says don't burn bridges.

I may be wrong and I usually am but the loss of Simpson is not a game changer. He competed in 3A ball and the competition was not near the same level Horn or Salter played against. He has all the tools for sure but so do all of the QB's we have on our roster now and hopefully in the future with Horn or whom ever else we get. My biggest concern is developing a OL that can actually play with some consistency. That will take time and will be the hardest part considering how many times we've heard the same thing. We also need to get a solid core on defense that can tackle with their SHOULDERS and WRAP UP and not their ARMS and play the old "OLE MATADOR" style. Basic but for some reason they have not learned that over the past several years.

I think it's smart for Ty to "get in the boat" now, Alabama isn't likely to hold a spot for him even as a 5 star.

Closer to ESD he could still potentially have one here or even at Ole Miss. I don't think that'd be the case if he waited to go to Bama last minute.

Same bro!...not even from here and ran around the bases with a small American flag after 911..was enough for me.they don’t make em like that no more.I still get tears watching it along with Whitney houston setting the bar extremely high when she killed the National anthem during desert storm...best version ever in my opinion till this day.
Agree about Whitney as well. As good a rendition of our nation's anthem as I have ever heard.

R8c07c54d1b93b6d19c094529e5f1d245
I have laughed at this all day. Thank you for posting it.

Lane and Lebby score 40 ppg in the SEC with three stars everywhere on offense.

So will Heupel.

Idgaf about Ty. Go to Bama. Hayden can go to OSU. The other back can go to UGA.

Okay cool, hook’em.

Watch us still crush it on offense and kids from other states will become Vol legends.
This sounds like unbridled optimism. Who are you and what did you do with HoleInTheRoof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back