Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw I have no inside contacts.
However I do business with a Knoxville local and I’ve heard the McDonald’s bag money was given through the drive through at a local McDonald’s by random McDonald’s employees.
When I originally heard the McDonald’s bag story I figured the staff was using the bags or something. But to have this amount of cash at a local McDonald’s and trusting those employees to pass it out and stay silent about it is insanely reckless
🤔

Fwiw I have no inside contacts.
However I do business with a Knoxville local and I’ve heard the McDonald’s bag money was given through the drive through at a local McDonald’s by random McDonald’s employees.
When I originally heard the McDonald’s bag story I figured the staff was using the bags or something. But to have this amount of cash at a local McDonald’s and trusting those employees to pass it out and stay silent about it is insanely reckless
Or, to at least not hire a GA to do it. If they're worried about concealment, could always make em wear a Hamburgler, Mayor McCheese or Fry Guy costume.

Fwiw, I'm reserving Grimace for a certain slow tawkinm baw coach.

Actually if you told me Jermy was handing out Happy Meal boxes full of cash, and youe choice of apple or Gogurt, dressed as Grimace. I would just shrug and move on. Anything is believable with that clown.

Pruitt in NY ...
tenor.gif

The school itself doesn’t benefit as much from students that go on to do great things.... they benefit millions from student athletes.... this issue really started to come up when coaches started getting paid insane amounts of money and the school also benefits off of a players likeness..... how much money has Tennessee made off of 16 jerseys?

I agree totally, its all about money. The TV money alone is insane and the amount of money that is paid a coach at a P5 school is unbelievable considering the guaranteed money they receive if they fail. The money generated through sports pays for these contracts but for a state school anywhere in the country and the dire straights that many of them are in it's not a good look in the eyes of non sports fans.

For someone that doesn't have clean water, food, housing or something that has also become somewhat essential ,the internet it's hard to explain why a coach at a state school makes what they do. The fact that some players and their family are receiving cash on the side beyond a scholarship to play a sport is beyond comprehension for many of those same people.

I have always been a sports fan but like most good things they tend to eat themselves from the inside out. One day in the not so distant future college sports is going to change for many reasons and I don't think it will be for the better and I don't think we will like what it becomes.

This Tennessee boy was whipping kids from West Virginia and Ohio my senior year in rastlin

Wrestling was barely a thing at my high school in East Tennessee, but when I started working at OU and got to watch OU vs OSU wrestling and they would do spotlight matches. Gamechanger. It's fascinating, really started my interest in combat sports. Now I love UFC. I just never realized how much technical skill there was until I saw it done at a high level.

104.5 reported that Dan Patrick pushed the McDonald's bag story off of only one source and many believe it's untrue or greatly exaggerated. That said, this is now a case where something becomes truth if its repeated enough.
I have heard that @InVOLuntary is a cross-dresser and used to perform at the Carousel. My source is me, so it must be true. Feel free to share.

Wrestling was barely a thing at my high school in East Tennessee, but when I started working at OU and got to watch OU vs OSU wrestling and they would do spotlight matches. Gamechanger. It's fascinating, really started my interest in combat sports. Now I love UFC. I just never realized how much technical skill there was until I saw it done at a high level.
SHHS had a decent wrasslin' program backinday, think that's still the case. Think I read that there was a large meet at EHS recently?

Edit: Was the TN State Regionals.

My anecdote was to illustrate my view. I can agree with both of your arguments/opinions. I can also disagree with both sides. Kinda the cool thing about opinions.

Most of life is a bit of both sides.
Only a few absolutes:
1. Human life is individually finite.
2. If you are human and alive past your 50th birthday, 100% incidence of arthritic changes in your spine.
3. 100% incidence of prostate cancer if you reach 90. 100% incidence of uterine cancer by age 90. (Obviously not if it was removed) Doesn’t mean that it is cause of death...just 100% present by age 90. ( I look at it as a life time clock to prevent a world full of Methuselahs) 🤔
Great. I already have arthritis and now you're telling me if I live long enough, I will get prostate and uterine cancer. Thanks a lot.

104.5 reported that Dan Patrick pushed the McDonald's bag story off of only one source and many believe it's untrue or greatly exaggerated. That said, this is now a case where something becomes truth if its repeated enough.
The whole McDonald's bag thing is total bs. It is true that a McDonald's employee accidentally gave a customer the days cash deposit through the drive up window. The transported their deposits to the bank in a bag.

Reactions: Ace
Well, I am going to have to give my wrestling experience. My senior year of high school someone had the bright idea that the cheerleaders needed to sit near the edge of the mat and cheer for our boys if the match was at home during school. Not sure what was more shocking...their attire or watching them writhing around on the floor together. Probably both with it up close and personal lol. I made sure we didn't have to experience that again.

2pac is probably still my favorite, one of the most well rounded to ever do it.

Don't listen to much newer stuff.

Only really like stuff like Hit Em Up and the shite talking songs, especially off Machiavelli. Dear Momma and all that other boring stuff isnt my style but I can respect the lyricism especially early stuff like the song about the teenage mother (Becky's Got a Baby?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back