Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

you're the one in here crying a river every day. maybe go back to your group meeting?

This is a genuine question....Has Georgia Football been busted by the NCAA for cheating in recent history (i.e. no later than the 80's)?

Florida was busted in the 80's under Charlie Pell
Bama was busted in the 90's because of Albert Means
Can't think of any SEC school that got big time busted in the 00's or 10's for that matter...

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I am going to head over to Freak's sister site cougarnation.com and start a thread about the starting QB by talking about how good JG looks in practice.

PS....I don't think cougarnation.com is about Washington State football. But in other news, I got a nice older lady that has offered to take me out on the town this weekend.
Your mom doesn't count, Rick.

Selling the university isnt college football recruiting anymore and hasn't been in a long time. Tennessee football program doesn't sell itself anymore and that's the sad reality.
eh, that's not entirely accurate. we've been signing top 15 classes, on average, fairly regularly, even as bad as we've been the past decade and a half. and it hasn't really mattered who the staff is. had a few top ten's sprinkled in there.

it's not exactly going out on a limb to say that the brand has taken some pretty heavy gut punches over the years, so i get where the sentiment is coming from, but being from Tennessee, still gets you in the door with a lot of players.

the thing that's been missing is really good leadership, administratively on down. continuity in the football program. and overall development of culture and physical skill.

I think we may have finally addressed the first point there, on leadership. the rest is TBD, and has been for a while. but if those things do get addressed, the talent will come back....

Most of these guys portaling out had real poison pill potential. They were disgruntled, bitter or soured on UT and while we needed some of them, their attitudes weren't good for the team.

HT is a bit different because he's motivated to elevate his play to improve his draft stock. That would be an asset. He also wants to win championships, so if he can play at Bama, he probably will.

Most of these guys portaling out had real poison pill potential. They were disgruntled, bitter or soured on UT and while we needed some of them, their attitudes weren't good for the team.

HT is a bit different because he's motivated to elevate his play to improve his draft stock. That would be an asset. He also wants to win championships, so if he can play at Bama, he probably will.
If they are cancerous to the team then I'm glad they are going/gone. I hate that we lost so much talent and in some positions it has us in a bad spot as far as numbers, but you can't ever win that way in a team sport.

I have erased all my original posts on the Tee and Fulmer issue that Hubbs mentioned. You can still read them in quotes. I am not mad at anyone. butchna, you have not offended me. I have several contacts in college football and sometimes they tell me things. I have decided to no longer share them on VN. Not because of anything that has been done on VN, it is just a personal choice that I have been thinking about for awhile and should have observed before tonight.
That thought process should be adopted by everyone on here. Gossip is what fuels the appetite of people who think they have to know everything at all cost. UT athletics have been a dumpster fire for a very long time and I'm sure there's plenty of people to blame but I don't need to know the specifics of what happened or is happening. It's time to just move on and get behind the new administration and the new football staff.

Cant believe any of your wrasslin and guitar fans have not brought up this guy. Honky Tonk Man!
View attachment 352773

OMG, as a kid this guy was the bane of my existence.
Vince presented him as a face (clown show like Vince is known for) but the fans revolted ... wouldn't have it.
So, what did Vince do? He shoved him down our throats as a heel, for a then record, IC title run.
Dude was terrible in the ring, stupid gimmick, one of the worst ever, IMO.

Now, listening to shoot interviews years later, probably a great guy.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back