Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think about this. I love History. And all the new things we are finding out everday.

Interesting. Seems a little like ancient alien stuff which I admittedly love. I honestly don't know much about the subject of the video but i'll definitely be looking it up.

I will say history is full of inaccuracies and historical facts are based on some very scant records at times. I love it!

Need to find some topics where we have common ground and are united:
Kirby Smart's hair
Dan Mullen's wife
Nick Saban's existence.
Seriously can’t believe you left out Barb Jones dip. Butch calls her dip “the closer” in recruiting.
im no insider, but Hank, AV, And LWS have hashtag #️⃣ buddied me that her secret ingredient is
CBD oil. That’s why no players are drug tested until 24 hours after chip dipping with the Jones’.

Did any of you all catch the most recent episode of Peyton’s Places? He had Willie Gault on there so it had some good UT content.

I don’t think video exists of this play...I’ve spent a good bit of time looking for it...does anyone know if there is video of the play where John Ward said, “Willie Gault, ladies and gentlemen, is running all the way to the State capitol”
I have seen the video in one of the old Vols VHS video series from the 90s. Not sure which one. I have not seen it on YouTube

Y'know... a lot of pertinent things going on in football right now... a week into the offseason.

Did y'all see the Super Bowl? That Tom Brady guy seems like he is a very apt football quarterbacker.

Gave you a like for getting this thread back on topic.

Undertaker ... greatest ring entrance of all time ... great wrestler, especially for a man his size. Greatest of all time ... questionable.

Flair, one of, if not the greatest.

The Rock is a terrible in ring, actual wrestling, wrestler.
Aside from the People's Elbow and the Rock Bottom, he's got nothing. Sloppy kicks and missing punches. Just terrible.
One of the greatest on the mic of all time, and strangely, his match at WM against Hogan was hugely entertaining.
He was a mega draw as well.

I guess I have a different definition of what makes a great wrestler than many others. But hey, it's all opinion, right?

Sting ... good for AEW, good for him ... they'll use him in those weird (I call them movie matches) cinema matches where they can do multiple takes and such, to protect him physically. That'll help AEW draw, and he's getting paid, while working with a slew of raw, young talent.

Yeah, Taker I’m giving him the longevity pass. Rock, you are right as a “wrestler” he had what 5 or 6 moves—-BUT you have to factor in his mike work and ability to cut promos plus his charisma. Undertaker I mean he did compete at a high level as a professional wrestler. Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, you have to factor them in...
I’ll say on Sting I’m not totally down for how AEW is using him so far. Sting is there to collect a check but I was listening to Jim Cornettes podcast—Sting can’t really do in ring and his promos are meh—you are basically getting him for the ratings pop but hey it’s Tony Khans money!

Folks talk like K. Simon has some kind of preliminary positioning with regard a D staff hire. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Did any of you all catch the most recent episode of Peyton’s Places? He had Willie Gault on there so it had some good UT content.

I don’t think video exists of this play...I’ve spent a good bit of time looking for it...does anyone know if there is video of the play where John Ward said, “Willie Gault, ladies and gentlemen, is running all the way to the State capitol”

It has to be one of these, doesn't it?

LWS has a lot of UT on YT.

Willie Gault can fly!

Yeah, Taker I’m giving him the longevity pass. Rock, you are right as a “wrestler” he had what 5 or 6 moves—-BUT you have to factor in his mike work and ability to cut promos plus his charisma. Undertaker I mean he did compete at a high level as a professional wrestler. Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, you have to factor them in...
I’ll say on Sting I’m not totally down for how AEW is using him so far. Sting is there to collect a check but I was listening to Jim Cornettes podcast—Sting can’t really do in ring and his promos are meh—you are basically getting him for the ratings pop but hey it’s Tony Khans money!

You don't think a guy like Sting is valuable to help "coach 'em up" backstage?

I mean, AEW has a lot of really young, raw, promising talent .. I think that's why they are using guys like Sting, Jake Roberts, Tazz, Arn, Tully, even Jericho and Dustin Rhodes ... to help mentor the young talent.

Ratings pop, yes.
In ring work, no.
Experience and teaching, I think absolutely so.

In other news, awhile back a friend asked if I could digitize some old cassettes for her dad. I gave him an estimate for the work that was a bargain bin price but even then it was going to be expensive.

The old cassettes are radio tapes from the Vols games from back to like the 70s. Debating if I should just offer to do it for free just so I have mp3 copies for myself....

Dude was over. People lost their minds when the glass broke.

True.
Terrible wrestler by the time he finally got over huge.
His early work in Texas and WCW ... man that guy could wrestle. His work as Stone Cold, the TX Rattlesnake got him over in the Attitude Era, but he couldn't wrestle very much by then. Or maybe it was just the character that didn't "rassle" as much as fight. I dunno.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back