Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas just went about it in a similar way. Hired a safeties coach, CB's coach, and DL coach before they hired their DC, and still ended up getting a good one from Washington. It can be done, and Garner is an assistant that any SEC DC would welcome.
I think it remains to be seen how it works out for Texas. Most organizations that I have been a part of, allow direct managers to fill their departments positions. I understand sports is different, but managers need to have staff they are compatible with. I hope it works. I love the Gardner hire. I just would love it more if ultimately the DC hire had been allowed to have a say.

Sooo, WTF is going on in here? Been busy all day. Finally got a new job.. 🕺🕺 Good grief, what a long drought... We hire anyone else? Have the wheels come off? Are they wobbling? Any good, new rumors?

congrats on the new job!--- Feels good doesn't it? Hope you are celebrating this weekend

Reactions: m1al
LOL seriously? Just because someone is a CEO doesn't mean they know how to sell or run the finance department... So he knows the "proper Technique".... so the guy watched a bunch of videos and watched someone cook, so he should be head chef at a michelin star restaurant?.. I'd want and take my position coach at a Power 5 conference SEC school more seriously if he had actually run the ball at RB in a game at a high level, than one who's called plays and run the offense... But I guess that's just me....

If you have kids that are about to learn to drive--- don't worry, I'll find you a guy who can teach them that has played Daytona on XBox, ridden in a 100 cars, and watched TV shows about driving, but has never driven a car a day in his life... don't worry, they'll be fine...
Hey, lost in space...you do realize that David Cutcliffe never played a single down of college football, don't you? I believe he was an RA in his dormitory, if that counts for something.

I think he's done pretty good for himself...you know, in the college football coaching world. But, then again, since he didn't play RB, or football at all for that matter, I doubt he knows how to take a handoff.

I honestly don’t understand how you hire defensive position coaches before a DC. I would have bet money a DC was incoming when Gardner hire was public. It’s becoming obvious that Tennessee will always choose the most difficult path.

Everything was agreed to in principle. DC was on board with the coaches being brought in. Trivial detail is causing a hang up. One side has taken a step back.

Sooo, WTF is going on in here? Been busy all day. Finally got a new job.. 🕺🕺 Good grief, what a long drought... We hire anyone else? Have the wheels come off? Are they wobbling? Any good, new rumors?
Congratulations!

Still don't have a DC, Rodgers seems to have turned us down, some minor smoke around Conklin telling his team at Wofford that he's coming to take the job, and the names of T-Rob in Miami and Banks at Penn St. have been floated.

Wait, so you're going to be the new DC? Just to let you know, the new guy has a thing about leaks before announcements, so this may be short-lived. Congrats.

Depends on who you ask. Many seem to think that DW is meddling in the DC search just to ensure a minority is hired, just like he did at UCF, despite the fact that there is zero evidence that he has meddled at either university.

84290714.gif
That second one looks like a cervical spinal cord injury...awful.

Soo... hit reply to say "this is the most interesting thing that's happened today." But the post was nuked. Back to the nothing-burger day...

The butthurt is strong with this one.

Why is diverse in quotations though, it’s a legit word which you still don’t know the definition for apparently.
Because you said:
You know it's weird, the vast majority of data supports more hires BECAUSE they are white. Yet just the mention of the word diversity, which doesn't even mean "black hires" or "women hires" it just means hires that are not the vast majority in that chosen career, company, etc. and you start making it about hiring people because of the color of their skin.

You know that white men being hired in teaching is a diversity hire, so stop making it about hiring based on color that's a you statement, not one LA is making and not one the word or phrase means, at all.

I said we were trying to hire a black coach and for some reason you felt it was necessary to describe what a "diverse" hire is.

I know what diverse/diversity means and I was clearly correct by saying we were trying to hire a black coach and not hire the best available coach.

I was pointing out the hypocrisy in the coaching search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back