Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pathetic.

Many on here including myself have stated that we must hit a home run on Defense for this to work....

Yeah, Yeah, we've had several turn us down... turn down $1.2, then offer $1.8....... we HAVE THE MONEY. This is too big of a piece of the puzzle to come up short on with JH as our new HC... NO SEC experience.

We go over and around Steele time and time again apparently.... He's a proven DC with recruiting ties and stability in the south/SEC and could pull Garner and maybe salvage Big Kat or someone else...

Same song, different AD/HC/Admin......... dysfunction junction.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, doesn't matter how flashy our Offense will be and how many points we put up if we can't stop our opponent from scoring as much or more...

What if ...
steele doesn’t want the job? What if he only wanted to be head coach? He angled for the job in Auburn and failed.
Ask yourself honestly, who would want to have that guy on their staff knowing that he’s capable of pulling a “Phil Fulmer” on his boss?

If Kevin Steele can no longer find a big time DC job, he has no one to blame but himself for that failed Coup attempt

So, first example you give, maybe you were in the wrong church. This person is being nosey to say the least, and possibly even judgmental. Didn't their momma teach them not to say everything they think? Again, just because someone goes to church or is religious, doesn't make them Christian. By the way, it was the religious elite of the day that crucified Jesus.

Second example, 1) do you know he's a preacher or do you assume that? and 2) what if the Holy Spirit of God impressed his heart to stop you and ask you that? You gonna argue with God? Did it offend you that someone asked you if you knew where you were going to spend eternity?

He introduced himself as such.
Nothing offends me anymore. In the world we all live in how can you be? I don’t argue with my lord and savior it’s not my place to argue. I’m sure we’ve disagreed along the way through this life he’s given me. I was raised to introduce myself before I speak to people. In such circumstances he should have too. If he’s sure enough in his stance why did he react the way he did? Wouldn’t it be safe to say it either caught him off guard or he’s not sure?

Maybe the fella that asked you if you knew where you were going when you died was being an arrogant, judgmental, pharisaical hypocrite.
Maybe he approached you just because of how you look (I have no idea how you look ... but's that's the way you framed it).
Or maybe he genuinely cared about your soul and where you will spend eternity.
And what if God, put it on his heart to approach you?

Accepting, encouraging, and forgiving. Shouldn’t we want folks to find the lord rather than be turned away by negative talks?

Maybe you don't need to be asked. Maybe you already have that settled with God. Maybe it wasn't even for your benefit. Maybe God was testing him to see if he would be obedient and approach someone who was tatted up (or whatever) and that he was afraid of or intimidated by your appearance

I have a relationship with my lord and savior. It wasn’t always there but things in life have brought me back to faith.

I hand out gospel tracts to total strangers all the time, every chance I get. I don't care what color they are, or if they've got tats, or if they look like they just came from church in the south wearing their Sunday best. None of that matters. What matters is the souls of men.

I find that I can do the lords work when I raise money for the children at Shriners hospital among other things. I’m glad you found a way to do the lords work.

All that said, I'm not gonna argue with you about it (I haven't been arguing heretofore and apologize if I came off that way).
All I'm saying is, even Jesus said, "Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of Heaven."
Some people claim to be Christian, but aren't very Christian at all, while others are very genuine in their Christianity.
The Lord knows the difference and is keeping a perfect record.

Well, you answered my question earlier, and I have tried to answer your question as to how it's possibly a good thing to stop a total stranger and ask them if they know where they're going to spend eternity.
I hope I was helpful in some way.
Love you fellow Vol fan.

Thank you for your time and patience.

My response is up there. GBO!

Reactions: preacherwebb
What if ...
steele doesn’t want the job? What if he only wanted to be head coach? He angled for the job in Auburn and failed.
Ask yourself honestly, who would want to have that guy on their staff knowing that he’s capable of pulling a “Phil Fulmer” on his boss?

I get it, but then why did he come in and agree to stay in the first place? Not just because he thought we'd magically offer him the HC position right? If he agrees to be DC then technically he still has a chance to pull a Phil if given the chance, so why wouldn't he jump at a DC position? Otherwise just take the money AU is paying you to leave and have a nice day and never come here in the first place... I don't think Steele is stupid enough to think just by him agreeing to be a temporary fill in, that we'd default and give him the HC gig... not like we are paying him millions to babysit... If JH is a good enough coach, then we won't have to worry about it...

I get it, but then why did he come in and agree to stay in the first place? Not just because he thought we'd magically offer him the HC position right? If he agrees to be DC then technically he still has a chance to pull a Phil if given the chance, so why wouldn't he jump at a DC position? Otherwise just take the money AU is paying you to leave and have a nice day and never come here in the first place... I don't think Steele is stupid enough to think just by him agreeing to be a temporary fill in, that we'd default and give him the HC gig... not like we are paying him millions to babysit... If JH is a good enough coach, then we won't have to worry about it...

Bc Phil fulmer was in charge.
100% he thought he’d be in the running for the head coaching job. He was in the final three when Pruitt was hired 3 years ago.

This is pathetic.

Many on here including myself have stated that we must hit a home run on Defense for this to work....

Yeah, Yeah, we've had several turn us down... turn down $1.2, then offer $1.8....... we HAVE THE MONEY. This is too big of a piece of the puzzle to come up short on with JH as our new HC... NO SEC experience.

We go over and around Steele time and time again apparently.... He's a proven DC with recruiting ties and stability in the south/SEC and could pull Garner and maybe salvage Big Kat or someone else...

Same song, different AD/HC/Admin......... dysfunction junction.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, doesn't matter how flashy our Offense will be and how many points we put up if we can't stop our opponent from scoring as much or more...
^

Last edited:
Reactions: volinbama256
What if ...

If Kevin Steele can no longer find a big time DC job, he has no one to blame but himself for that failed Coup attempt
I agree 100, if that is what happened at Auburn. Was that info put out there by their insiders; or, is it another VN myth?

The reason I ask, I genuinely don't know; and, i don't want to hold anything against a Vol. I like Steele, and he is damn good at what he does; but, if he did do that to Gus, then he definitely doesn't need to be the DC here.

Also, just because he is Steele, a good, proven SEC DC, and a Vol...if Heupel believes he doesn't fit, then he shouldn't hire him...no matter what. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back