Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
For over a decade we’ve had Fulmer players playing for Kiffin....Kiffin and Fulmer players playing for Dooley....some Kiffin, Fulmer and Dooley players playing for Jones....Jones and Dooley players playing for Pruitt.....it’s time to get back players who are playing for the same reason and purpose and even coach!

For over a decade we’ve had coaches working for AD’s, Chancellors and Presidents that didn’t hire them. It’s past time to get everyone aligned and working for the person who hired them.

Question without putting names out there. Would some in the transfer portal actually be eligible next year at UT if the investigation shows they took improper benefits?

That's fine but they had ability and experience. We lack that everywhere now and it puts our program in a very bad place with likely scholarship restrictions. We are staring with the equivalent on a the year restriction now with at least two to three more to come if they take it lightly on us.

This university is a cluster from the very top all the way down.
Has been since 06. That defense was the worst Ive seen, including Sals.

Disappointed that these players wouldn't hang around long enough to see who they were replacing. I'm disappointed also from just a numbers standpoint. Be very hard to replace them from that standpoint. You can't go more than 25. Makes signing those 25 very critical. You can't afford misses or academic casualties.
Tennessee football is on life support. This has done it, expect an underwhelming hire, an experienced coach with a mediocre at best record, that's all we can expect. Don't believe all the pie in the sky projections of a hire we'll be happy with. I don't believe it.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
If Danny White is really in play for AD, then here is another name we may want to get familar with. Josh Heupel - Wikipedia

When I saw the pick posted earlier, I thought it was Heupel, then I remembered he got fat. I think Heupel stays though...UCF was tired of their coaches leaving, so hired him with the intent of him staying a while.

Can you give me one example where the glazier firm helped a university turn themselves in and the NCAA went easy on them..... I wouldn’t make much..... my advice is to tell the NCAA FU.... we didn’t do nuthin...... as for my advice for tenn..... it would have been do a coaching/AD search on the sly..... fire Pruitt at end of season for 3 -7 record..... immediately name new coach and staff.... work to finish recruiting and recruit players on campus.... cover up any improprieties Pruitt and staff was involved in.... dont report anything except maybe a few secondary violations.

Here’s a statement from their website describing what they do:

Bond’s Collegiate Sports Practice is seasoned in helping clients navigate the enforcement process. When we find that evidence of a violation is lacking, we defend that position. When we find that a violation has occurred or that an allegation is justified, we say so; then we help our client improve its programs for promoting and monitoring compliance. We’ve seen how acting swiftly, investigating thoroughly, acknowledging violations and implementing corrective actions can:
• Help prevent future violations.
Mitigate the penalties.
• Boost a client’s capacity to move forward.
• Protect the reputation of the institution and its athletics program.

Here’s their website if you’d like to poke around:

Collegiate Sports & NCAA Attorneys

If this legitimately embarrasses you then you need to find something else to invest your time in. In the grand scheme of things this is not that important.
I can be embarrassed about Tennessee football and still enjoy my life. Not sure how you got that from my post.

Has been since 06. That defense was the worst Ive seen, including Sals.
Right but with talent a good coach can turn that around. A good coach can at best be mediocre without talent. Mediocre is the ceiling for the next 3 to 5 years.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
We won't be bowl eligible. We need to focus on getting a coach who can sign Ty Simpson, and the rest of that in-state talent. We get an FU $$ Level coach, we'll get plenty of transfers to replace these guys.

Reactions: Tnfan41
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back