Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn’t their backup QB and would have been better than JG and yeah who on earth could think having a 2nd team all sec player in team could help. Not too mention he did this on a bum ankle all year. Quit being a moron just because you hate Pruitt.
He was at the end of the year. They benched him for Burmeister. I've said Bryant is a good pickup, but his production all 4 years is no better than Johnson or Bennett. Every team that has picked up players in the transfer portal probably think they've done well. I'm sure Missouri fans are thrilled picking up a guy from Ohio St that was a top 100 recruit last season and a guy on the OL that played a lot as a FR at OU. Everyone is picking up players, we arent doing anymore than anyone else. UF picked up two guys that will start at DT for them, plus a 5* RB.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Lot of his posts ring of 1Vol8 factor. His boy in this case being Bailey.
I think Hooker will start here next season because I think that is the offense the coaching staff is going to move to. Which is fine if thats what they want to run. I think Salter will eventually thrive in it. I dont think Hooker will because I have watched him lots of times and he really just isn't any good.

Reactions: Vols_Life
He was at the end of the year. They benched him for Burmeister. I've said Bryant is a good pickup, but his production all 4 years is no better than Johnson or Bennett. Every team that has picked up players in the transfer portal probably think they've done well. I'm sure Missouri fans are thrilled picking up a guy from Ohio St that was a top 100 recruit last season and a guy on the OL that played a lot as a FR at OU. Everyone is picking up players, we arent doing anymore than anyone else. UF picked up two guys that will start at DT for them, plus a 5* RB.
Well we LOST both of Johnson/Bennett. So if we break even production wise? That’s a positive. We’re rooting for positives.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Has Chaney ever utilized a mobile QB?

Not that I have seen but he seems pretty adamant about it after his recruitment of Hayden King, Salter and now Hooker. That is all he has recruited since being here. I suspect it’s based off what he was putting together for Fields at UGA as that is when his style of QB seems to have changed.

Well we LOST both of Johnson/Bennett. So if we break even production wise? That’s a positive. We’re rooting for positives.

It’s amazing how miserable people are here and want us to fail. I lost all faith in this fanbase with the willingness to throw program under bus just to remove a coach without paying him.

I just want the team to improve, drastically, not just replace production on a bad defense. Its just what it is right now. Hopefully he will have a career year and get 10 sacks, but its a bad team that may be improved a little next season so maybe a mid level SEC team. That just isn't good enough 4 years in.

I think Hooker will start here next season because I think that is the offense the coaching staff is going to move to. Which is fine if thats what they want to run. I think Salter will eventually thrive in it. I dont think Hooker will because I have watched him lots of times and he really just isn't any good.
I’m hoping this “type of QB” thing is fan driven fiction. Because my preference has always been for the field general who can get the ball to his athletes and recognize defenses trying to get the ball for theirs. Mobility is a bonus but 3rd in importance. I’m not down on HH’s talent level. I think there’s something there that needed a change of scenery. Salter needs time...as in at least one year jmo.

Reactions: MarcoVol
It’s amazing how miserable people are here and want us to fail. I lost all faith in this fanbase with the willingness to throw program under bus just to remove a coach without paying him.
Correct me if I’m wrong but is this not what Atlanta Vol at least implied that he and others were tempted to do?

I just want the team to improve, drastically, not just replace production on a bad defense. Its just what it is right now. Hopefully he will have a career year and get 10 sacks, but its a bad team that may be improved a little next season so maybe a mid level SEC team. That just isn't good enough 4 years in.
Improvement can be gleaned in smaller steps. Going backwards is always worse. Better coaching with the ILB’s will have a domino effect on the other units.

I’m hoping this “type of QB” thing is fan driven fiction. Because my preference has always been for the field general who can get the ball to his athletes and recognize defenses trying to get the ball for theirs. Mobility is a bonus but 3rd in importance. I’m not down on HH’s talent level. I think there’s something there that needed a change of scenery. Salter needs time...as in at least one year jmo.
Yeah, like I've said, Salter is going to be great, but he needs a year. It would be unfair to play him next season because he would get killed. He really needs some time to learn.

If Hooker is the starter I hope he has a career year, but another thing that worries me about him is Fuente is really good with QBs. Josh Jackson was great at Va Tech and put up good numbers there. He transferred to Maryland and was abysmal.

I saw it. I had to go somewhere for a second. Did they ever mention it when they came back from commercial?
They discussed it after commercial, turned out to be just messing around. I think they player was saying he was open and wanted the ball on the play. Looked much worse as they cut going to break

agree, I said this last week--- Hooker will come in and start because our O line and offense in general is going to be so bad, we will desperately need a QB with good wheels to get out of trouble. Then Salter can come in and pick up where he leaves off...

I hope so, but it does seem Chaney wants to move that way despite having no experience running that type of offense. Hooker would not fit what he does currently in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back