Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were a top 30 defense two years ago..... we can get back there with an off season of development.
Hopefully but he'll actually have to develop leaders and players this time. That top 30 defense was built on 3 veteran layover players. D Taylor and Bituli came packaged and ready to go. Warrior was half way there, though he did so a good job getting him to a higher level.

This time it will have to be on the backs of mostly his own players.

Reactions: barrylee
I hope your your right but X's and O's don't always work without the right Jimmy's and Joes!

If there are Jimmy's and Joe's on this roster it is players that have shown an ability to get pressure or had the rep in HS. Crouch, Harrison, Joseph, Baron, Willis, Young, Brooks and the addition of Bryant have the ability.

Reactions: butchna
I hope your your right but X's and O's don't always work without the right Jimmy's and Joes!
And sometimes the talent’s way more passable than it’s been handled. Rich Kotite’s last Jets team had 1 win. Parcells took over the next year and the same bunch won 8 games. Parcells strength was identifying his type of players and hiring coaches to round them into shape. Not confident in Pruitt going that route but here’s hoping.

Hopefully but he'll actually have to develop leaders and players this time. That top 30 defense was built on 3 veteran layover players. D Taylor and Bituli came packaged and ready to go. Warrior was half way there, though he did so a good job getting him to a higher level.

This time it will have to be on the backs of mostly his own players.
We also played teams with the 125th, 105th, 102nd, 95th, 76th, 74th, and 68th ranked offenses in 2019. 6 of those were our 8 wins. The other two were Chattanooga and Indiana (42nd ranked offense), but they were playing their backup QB. Alabama was the only top 25 offense we played.. UF was 29, GA St was 47th, and UGA 49th. That helped our numbers a lot.

Reactions: Catbone
I’ve been back and forth but to many things say he will be back rather than not.

Still recruiting men to Tennessee
Still meeting players coming back to campus
Hiring coaches

I think once the paint ball story broke Fulmer hung his hat on it and used it as leverage to keep Pruitt. They know what the investigation has or hasn’t found and it turned to be much to do about nothing.

In the end I can only hope that Tennessee gets the following:

HC: Pruitt
OC: Chaney, not my choice but can’t cut him loose just yet. Lebby would be the choice
OL: Stacy Searels
QB: Ken Dorsey
RB: Graham
WR: CJO
TE: Luke Stocker because why not

DL: CRG
OB CSF
IB Steele
CB CMR
DC Steele
CMR for CB? You’re crazy. I’m hoping CJA personally.

Our lbs need some serious work in pass coverage.

Serious issue since Pruitt arrived. His LBs are very good at run, but awful at pass. Familiar pattern here...being a hit behind the times. Maybe he can adjust. Absolutely has to now on his own/without Saban.

Virginia Tech's backup QB and a guy with 10 sacks in 4 years, 2.5 last year, aren't suddenly going to turn this around.

He wasn’t their backup QB and would have been better than JG and yeah who on earth could think having a 2nd team all sec player in team could help. Not too mention he did this on a bum ankle all year. Quit being a moron just because you hate Pruitt.

He wasn’t their backup QB and would have been better than JG and yeah who on earth could think having a 2nd team all sec player in team could help. Not too mention he did this on a bum ankle all year. Quit being a moron just because you hate Pruitt.
Lot of his posts ring of 1Vol8 factor. His boy in this case being Bailey.

Reactions: ValleyAlVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back