Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, I don't see it happening. But it's floating out there at least. Maybe someone thinks his love for Tennessee will win over? I guess you could argue, if hes the OC, and Pruitt is let go after next season it could be an easy hire? Lol. I don't know. Don't see it myself.
Well what does he make as HC at CC ? It’s possible for him to get a significant pay raise as the OC here as well as being in line to be the HC if Pruitt don’t work out

What does that mean? I watched game tape of this years Jaguars, games from his tenure at Syracuse, breakdowns of the Marrone offense and did research on his OL stats through PFF. You're the one that isn't watching, you are so desperate to make this guy sound like a good hire that you'll spin it however you want to fit that narrative. Doug Marrone is an abysmal candidate for this program and you might as well set your calendar for 12/15/2023 for another round of coaching searches if he is hired.

And yet Hank works for an NFL team in video. And bet you don’t.

You'll know if Pruitt is back or not by Saturday at the latest.

Still sticking with my prediction of new coach.

I have decided to return to posting a bit more, as I believe we're in the final reaches now.

Our AD is lmao worthy. We already know that though. I believe there's two main scenarios in play. New coach or "build an all star staff" for Pruitt. The thing is, his players like Pruitt. Recruits like Pruitt. We all hate him 😂. I don't think I could stomach Pruitt being back regardless of the staff. His problem is simple. He wants to be Saban, but he should be Dabo. If he would just take the Dabo approach, he would be a lot better off. But I think he's too stubborn for that.

I'm 75/25 when it comes to odds of my prediction. Still think it's highly likely he's gone. But if he's back I've heard rumblings of a new OC, keeping Chaney on staff still. Maybe as oline coach or QB coach? Legit have heard Gus or Chadwell could be in play for OC, but I find Gus unlikely for a lot of reasons. I also don't believe Chadwell would take an OC position either. Of course there's Marrone, his name has floated around for a while now. I'll be blunt, it there's a new HC, I think it'll be him. If Pruitt is back, I think Marrone could be a part of his staff. I almost feel like Marrone will be at UT regardless. We will see.

It's everywhere right now. Obviously.
Wow...Phil picking a so called super staff! Lmao...this is gonna end well.

Reactions: LIvol and UTK
Well what does he make as HC at CC ? It’s possible for him to get a significant pay raise as the OC here as well as being in line to be the HC if Pruitt don’t work out

He would make more money as OC here than HC at CC. More than double probably. But still. He's a hot HC, it's still a stretch for him to go back to being an OC imo.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Honestly think the AD is so relieved fans have "behaved" themselves. Wish a mob would show up and demand Freeze but APATHY is at an all time high. Just pure apathy lol

Also Schiano was blocked because of the FANS. People going around saying it was government and boosters lack a bit common sense there. Like no ****, but why did they speak up to block it? Surely not because of the fans protesting the hell out of it 🙄

It’s about his career trajectory, long term earning potential and brand more so than an instant payday and rolling the dice on potentially being the next HC chosen by the AD-who may or may not be here. You think his agent or advisors will let him jump on this sinking ship as an OC when he’s looking at generational wealth with his next head job? Which is assumed to pay him more than double what our OC post would per year, and be 4-5 year deal vs 2.

Coastal also just trued him up with bonuses and probably already has a new contract drafted up and in front of him for the short term bridge. Ain’t happening.

Reactions: Headvol and RiotVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back