Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my computer crashes - get it fixed and first thing I find out is that Thigpin was hired. Sorry - been fun -
but this is a deal breaker for me - my intel source brings nothing to the table for Vol fans anymore anyway
with the recent cuts - not sure that anyone may care but until we meet again - peace out - adios Volnation.

You are right, nobody cares. Cya.

how so they only have 2 months thats not much time to form relationships for with

next yrs class will tell you good they really are at recruiting
just thinking about the many juniors on the team and a weak class this year creating a weak future link..just echoing what i heard some time ago. not sure any merit in it

This thread is impossible to follow, anyone ever get an answer if restarting the thread would fix it? Seem like new threads are refreshing but those started before the update are not.

So my computer crashes - get it fixed and first thing I find out is that Thigpin was hired. Sorry - been fun -
but this is a deal breaker for me - my intel source brings nothing to the table for Vol fans anymore anyway
with the recent cuts - not sure that anyone may care but until we meet again - peace out - adios Volnation.

:salute:

Thanks for the good info you've brought to the board.

I see Texas A&M as 34 commits. How many can they sign?

they didnt sign 25 last year so assuming they only have 57 or fewer kids on scholly right now (85-28) then i believe they should be able to sign the SEC max of 28

so they are going to have to tell a few to look around - or some of those could be guys that won't qualify so they won't "sign" even though they are currently committed

EDIT...actually the coaches were trying to keep it at 28 and the NCAA pres's voted for 25 - not sure how that all worked out - either way they are going to have to be letting some kids go

on another note i think we are in process of seeing juggernaut in the making - 13 TX 4 star kids in this class - UT austin has 9 - very telling of what the future could hold

Last edited:

You're definitely in the minority on this one. He has a decent resume, and I don't see how anyone can complain about taking well-known recruiters from Auburn. Despite that team's record, they had some top players lined-up.

Reactions: 1 person

My opinion is like a butthole; everybody has one....

recruiting and coaching is like a train. Get on the train and ride it until they tell everybody to get off.

I don't have an opinion about Jones. All I know about him is that he has a job and a huge responsibility to carry out, and that he recruited Jason while he was Cincy. THE END

recruiting and coaching is like a train. Get on the train and ride it until they tell everybody to get off.

I don't have an opinion about Jones. All I know about him is that he has a job and a huge responsibility to carry out, and that he recruited Jason while he was Cincy. THE END

Good to see you're still around. I hope Jason is doing well. I look forward to seeing #18 making a statement on the field next year in this new offense.

Reactions: 2 people
fwiw mods this thread is now back to showing unread post for me as well as the rest of the threads that had this problem. not sure about everyone else but for me the issues seem fixed :hi:

Reactions: 2 people

Solid Mz Terry. At the very least hopefully he gets Jason in a lot of positions to win.

:blink: Some of you folks will never be happy. Some of you could get a blowie from Scarlett Johansson and then turn around and complain she used too much teeth. . .

Only thing I would have to complain about was my cheeks hurt from the big arse grin I have on my face.:)

Tee is coming home!

While I appreciate the info you bring Skeeter, I do think you should be a bit more careful with statements like this. The statement was true, but the inference was that he was signed, sealed, and delivered. To keep attacks away from myself, I would phrase these types of statements differently if I was privy to the same info you are. Once again, not hating, just making an observation.

hey guys quick question, who is darryl richardson and whats his story? was looking through espn recruiting and saw that he was listed as considering us, apparently hes a QB/DE and seems like a big time guy (4 star) but i didnt see anything on here about him. who knows maybe i just overlooked it. thanks!

Paul on who JRM is recruitng.

His main guy is holding on to Jason Carr. They talk a lot. He talks casually with a few others, David Williams and some others. But he and Carr are pretty tight I gather. But, he talks to several other commits and recruits.

While I appreciate the info you bring Skeeter, I do think you should be a bit more careful with statements like this. The statement was true, but the inference was that he was signed, sealed, and delivered. To keep attacks away from myself, I would phrase these types of statements differently if I was privy to the same info you are. Once again, not hating, just making an observation.
All should learn it's not fact until UTAD says so. Skeeter's info is a good guide to what may happen. My observations the past year.

We will see if that happens, I think it was just coach talk. He has a certain system, which is why he is bringing his staff from UC with him, I just don't think that system can work on a consistent basis in the SEC. JMO.

I was wrong on Butch & his staffs recruiting ability, but I feel like I may have hit the nail on the head with his offensive scheme.

Stop insulating that we are going to downgrade our lineman's size , rb's height an scheme because that's how they were at Cincy. It's ridiculous to assume that , you need to realize he will adapt to the system of players we have . I can pull article by article of different coaches who have done the same and change their coaching style to their new teams strengths. Just because Dooley didn't do this doesn't mean Butch won't .

Dooley didn't & Butch doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back