Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
many recruits have came out and said that they are more interested in TN now, then they ever were with DD.

I TOTALLY agree with that and I am sold on this coaching staff, but we won't get everyone that everybody wants. If for no other reason than we won't have room....there will probably be 40-45 players people on this board should be offered or are takes, but we only have 25-27 spot available. Again, I think we will be pleased with the results of this staff's work come NSD :hi:.

Graham contacted Bellemy (FSU commit) over the weekend. Bellemy stated he hadnt heard from UT in 3 to 4 months and the phone call was a surprise. Then told reports that it was highly possible that he would make an Official visit to UT after the Jan. 26.

Reactions: 2 people
Awesome news about Tee. This staff looks impressive imo. Several upgrades from previous staff.

Who out of the coaches coming from UC are considered to be the better recruiters?

Does anyone know where CP is? Lol, 247 just said he was gone. He isn't in Knoxville, so 247 has a really hard time seeing Jones having even a chance of getting him to stay for a senior season. Obvious long-shot anyways, but I guarantee Jones will try.

Weren't people on here talking about his grades? He wouldn't be academically eligible anyways?

I for a fact that this is a lie. A fellow UT student tweeted that he saw CP and said "what's up" to him this weekend in Knoxville. He is still in Knoxville. I also see him going to class quite frequently, so his grades can't be that terrible. I do agree that UT needs to adjust the class schedule and make sure that athletes can stay eligible.

Awesome news about Tee. This staff looks impressive imo. Several upgrades from previous staff.

Who out of the coaches coming from UC are considered to be the better recruiters?

The OC who he brought will be a good recruiter.

not sure about the others...

but Thigpin and Martinez will be GREAT on the trail.

Out of the coaches not from UC I'm guessing at what states they'll mainly be recruiting in or have in the past..

Graham NC & SC
Martin TN & AL
Thigpen AL & NC
Martinez FL & GA

Does that look correct?

In response to our chances with Jalen Hurd and Corn Elder
Yes, no doubt Jalen Hurd will be looked at and pursued hard by this staff. Elder, I'm not sure yet.

Hurd as a RB. Elder, I would think, as just an offensive weapon.

Elder is faster than JRM and Hurd is bigger than JRM. Not really behind him athletically.

-fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
Out of the coaches not from UC I'm guessing at what states they'll mainly be recruiting in or have in the past..

Graham NC & SC
Martin TN & AL
Thigpen AL & NC
Martinez FL & GA

Does that look correct?

Bajakian: Illinois and New Jersey
Jancek: predominantly Florida with a little Georgia
Don Mahoney: Penn and Ohio
Thigpin will be big in VA and Carolinas
Graham: Carolinas

-taken from TOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Major kudos for being accurate on Gruden. :hi:

The only source on here whom I will listen to..

He also tried to tell us Strong was the main target from the get go. I never bought into Gruden choosing to believe Skeeter. Loving the new staff especially with the Tennessee presence. Just hope we can finish with a top 20 class. This will be the most important class this new staff will recruit.:thumbsup:

He also tried to tell us Strong was the main target from the get go. I never bought into Gruden choosing to believe Skeeter. Loving the new staff especially with the Tennessee presence. Just hope we can finish with a top 20 class. This will be the most important class this new staff will recruit.:thumbsup:

It will be important to close out this class strong but the most important for them will be the '14 class. That class is loaded with legacies and a ton of instate talent. They must take advantage of those positives and kill it next year because it wont get much better in terms of UT leans going forward.

So my computer crashes - get it fixed and first thing I find out is that Thigpin was hired. Sorry - been fun -
but this is a deal breaker for me - my intel source brings nothing to the table for Vol fans anymore anyway
with the recent cuts - not sure that anyone may care but until we meet again - peace out - adios Volnation.

So my computer crashes - get it fixed and first thing I find out is that Thigpin was hired. Sorry - been fun -
but this is a deal breaker for me - my intel source brings nothing to the table for Vol fans anymore anyway
with the recent cuts - not sure that anyone may care but until we meet again - peace out - adios Volnation.

Huh?

how so they only have 2 months thats not much time to form relationships for with

next yrs class will tell you good they really are at recruiting

Don't let the door hit you. Thigpen is a brilliant hire.

Don't let the door hit you. Thigpen is a brilliant hire.

agreed - not sure why he wouldnt like the hire - he also recruited 2 good LB's to Aubie that may be looking around - Ctoney and Jdavis - we could certainly use some more LB's

he has been a top 25 recruiter multiple times, NFL experience, SEC coaching experience - whats not to like?

say it aint so, Del?

This sounds personal.

:blink: Some of you folks will never be happy. Some of you could get a blowie from Scarlett Johansson and then turn around and complain she used too much teeth. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back