Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
freak said he got some new software installed last night so the X seconds issue should be gone. The unread posts thing is probably related to the time issues. Not sure there's a way to deal with that once the damage was done

and Jay, 3 devices is not a junkie. Even my 1yo son has his own blackberry and will be getting a tablet for Xmas

Awesome news about Tee!! Now, let's get Ramsey here!

SN: Freak, is there any way possible to figure out why the threads aren't showing up as unread? Randomly, one will, but for the most part they all show up as already being read. Thank you!

I second this, makes it impossible to keep up when it goes to the last post and doesn't show which topics have new posts.

I am sure he is on it, been a long couple weeks for Freak.

Butch must be like a kid in a candy store with recruiting to UT compared to the big east. His energy and this staff is looking like a real difference maker, could be a fun NSD this year after all.

It's been a crazy 3-4 days...

Earlier heard about Hinshaw, acted with caution (his being let go and subsequent hire by Stoops) until confirmed---hate losing his recruiting ability---had hoped he would be retained w/ CJG. Wish him well.

Really love the hiring of Martinez and Thigpen, two solid position coaches as well as good recruiters. Hope the rumors of Tee joining CBJ staff come to fruition.

So defensively, some thoughts...
Stripling DL
Jancek LB (*DC)
WM DB's
TT DB's or LB's??
He coached DB's prior to 2012 (coached LB's), but this hire would lead me to believe TT will coach LB's. Which would insinuate that Jancek will be DC (although he has stated he would be fine as a position only (LB) coach), this concerns me. I, for one, believe Jones should look outside his staff for a DC candidate. After all Jones stated his intentions to put together the best (available) coaching staff. Now granted that, for the most part, was "coach speak" and yes there is something to be said about continuity and familiarity but nonetheless, being that DC is such a significant position I believe Jones should take outside candidates into consideration. No doubt there are several DC's who would compliment CJB / CMB offense. JMO
Apologies for the length...

You make a good points. However, looking around for someone he is not comfortable with might get us Sal. No way we are not better. Heck, you and I could make it better if they choose us. We would come cheaper too.

Jones will adapt his offense to fit his personnel.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It will be interesting to see what CBJ can accomplish with the players on our roster plus recruits. :good!:

IMO Dooley did an extremely poor job of this, especially on defense.

Yea ... so I hear

How is Bruin... and do you have any thoughts on him yet?

Good coasty. Hope your good

I love everything about him except for the fact I have never been a fan of the spread. I love the resume and am not scared of the lack of SEC experience but the spread scares me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Good coasty. Hope your good

I love everything about him except for the fact I have never been a fan of the spread. I love the resume and am not scared of the lact of SEC experience but the spread scares me.

I have had the same misgivings about the spread .... I was never a big fan.... My concerns are about the personnel we now have, and how do they adjust.

he did say in his presser that a good coach, plays to his talent... that was a plus for me

It will be interesting to see what CBJ can accomplish with the players on our roster plus recruits. :good!:

IMO Dooley did an extremely poor job of this, especially on defense.

Yeah, some players may actually improve from one year to the next... Appologies to the OL

Pretty excited about this staff. Some would like for him to bring more big names in but I think it was key for him to bring his OC and DC for familiarity. The last thing we needed was another coaching staff not together like Dooleys.

I have had the same misgivings about the spread .... I was never a big fan.... My concerns are about the personnel we now have, and how do they adjust.

he did say in his presser that a good coach, plays to his talent... that was a plus for me
I heard the offense will play to the talent. If Bray was going to start it obviously not going to be spread or finesse as he wants to call it. Worley or Petterman got legs to run some. I think I read Cincy wanted Petterman so there is a clue.

I guess that will be when all the images change on UTAD site.

Yea...i also bet Tennessee will put out a official press release announcing the staff and the hiring of Tee. They are going to take every opportunity to pump up the fanbase on BUTCH...they want everyone to be as #fullbUTch as I am.:rock:

freak said he got some new software installed last night so the X seconds issue should be gone. The unread posts thing is probably related to the time issues. Not sure there's a way to deal with that once the damage was done

and Jay, 3 devices is not a junkie. Even my 1yo son has his own blackberry and will be getting a tablet for Xmas

Is there anything we can do to fix it or is the ball in freaks court at this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back