Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
why should he stop when your doing same thing? He can recruit a different style of athlete to TN than his other stops. I am sure he will have the same principles but he is not a moron. He will adjust his offense to the type of players he gets. everyone does this. urban did it, sumlin is doing it. so chill out and wait until the season to trash the coach

Stop being ridiculious dude, I haven't trashed Jones one damn time. I'm bringing legit concerns (for me) up for discussion. Quit being childish.

Reactions: 1 person
we are not going to reverse engineer this team . Jones will recruit elite talent with subsets he has used at cincy but I don't expect him to recruit only big east caliber players .

Last edited:
Me either.

Maybe the mods can change the name to the "jmoore freaking out thread". Getting really tired of his act. :disappointed:

This **** is getting ridiculious. Me & a few posters had a great discussion in this thread last night, I was trying to continue that today but as I can see people like to ***** about anything even though I haven't freaked out once, but continue with your non sense.

jmo, I tried to tell you last night and you just said it yourself. We don't really know what the offense will look like do we?

No we do no, I agree. As I've stated multiple times & people continue to ignore ( not a swipe at you) I am just assuming he will use the same offense from Cincy. Which if he does has me concerned. Yet people like to call that freaking out I guess.

Exactly. He implied that Binns wasn't a good fit because he was a poor route runner. That has nothing to do with size.

I do think that questioning Worley's fit in the offense is valid. Peterman seems like he is a much better fit than Worley. If Jones does not adjust, then Worley won't fit in well at all, IMO.

I agree with you on QB. Statues like Bray and Worley are not the best fit, and would limit what CBJ wants to do with his Offense.

Jmo in full beast mode tonite. J give the man a chance...even you have to admit he's a better hire than Dooley and his staff isn't looking to bad if it comes together.

Stop insulating that he is going to adjust his system to what he has at Tennessee, you don't know that, I don't know that. I brought a record of facts that have shown over the past 3-4 years Jones recruits a certain type of players to his system. That's a fact. Not an opinion. My opinion is he may continue to recruit that type of player here b/c that is what works in his system. I don't know that, but it's an opinon which I have a right to have just like you do with thinking he will adjust his system.

Actually, he did suggest, in his press conference, that he will adjust his system based on personnel. He made reference to the fact that Cincy went to a more conventional pocket passer this year, as opposed to a dual-threat quarterback, because that happened to be the talent he had on his roster. He also said that he has a very specific recruiting profile of the type of players he wants to sign. I imagine that he will be more selective at this level and that the sheer athletic ability, not to mention their ranking on all of the measureables, will go up significantly, compared to the players he was able to sign at Cincinnati.

Jmo in full beast mode tonite. J give the man a chance...even you have to admit he's a better hire than Dooley and his staff isn't looking to bad if it comes together.

Oh he is better than Dooley, will not deny that.

If Tee is hired I like parts of the staff, don't like all of it.

Just have some concerns over some of Jones philosophies, but as posters on here like to say "I'm freaking out, omg, we suck freak out mode" yet I haven't done any of that.

This **** is getting ridiculious. Me & a few posters had a great discussion in this thread last night, I was trying to continue that today but as I can see people like to ***** about anything even though I haven't freaked out once, but continue with your non sense.

Lol. Omg Jmoore.

Reactions: 2 people
Compared to RB's in the SEC it is.

Of the top 20 running backs in terms of rushing yards 10 are 210 pounds or below. 200 pounds is plenty big for the SEC, depending on running style. For example George Winn is lighter than Neal, but runs like he is a good twenty pounds bigger.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Actually, he did suggest, in his press conference, that he will adjust his system based on personnel. He made reference to the fact that Cincy went to a more conventional pocket passer this year, as opposed to a dual-threat quarterback, because that happened to be the talent he had on his roster. He also said that he has a very specific recruiting profile of the type of players he wants to sign. I imagine that he will be more selective at this level and that the sheer athletic ability, not to mention their ranking on all of the measureables, will go up significantly, compared to the players he was able to sign at Cincinnati.

I saw where he said that in his presser but I want to see it first. Didn't Cincy use Munchie at QB? Wouldn't call him a pure pocket passer.

Guys seriously need to back off of J-mo. He's bringing legitimate concerns for discussion, not trashing the coach. Some posters are doing exactly what they accused him of last night, just putting out statements without adding anything to the discussion. Now, he is explaining why, and people are still riding him.

He's entitled to his opinion and is approaching it diplomatically. Relax.

Of the top 20 running backs in terms of rushing yards 10 are 210 pounds or below. 200 pounds is plenty big for the SEC, depending on running style. For example George Winn is lighter than Neal, but runs like he is a good twenty pounds bigger.

Good point :hi:

As you said Neal is bigger but gets tackled way to easy, Winn is smaller but is harder to tackle.

Guys seriously need to back off of J-mo. He's bringing legitimate concerns for discussion, not trashing the coach. Some posters are doing exactly what they accused him of last night, just putting out statements without adding anything to the discussion. Now, he is explaining why, and people are still riding him.

He's entitled to his opinion and is approaching it diplomatically. Relax.

Finally someone that gets it, thank you. :hi:

Tommy Thigpen has accepted per Huntsville (AL) Times report. Probably LB's but has coached safeties as well.

Top 25 recruiter in '07, '09, '11. Coached 4 years at Auburn, 4 at UNC, 2 at Illinois, and 2 for Urban at Bowling Green. UNC grad.
- per Vols4us in speculation forum

I'm not really concerned but on the "200lbs isn't small" conversation:

Gillislee, Marshall, Gurley, Yeldon, Lattimore, Neal, and Lacy are all 210+.

LSU has 4 RBs listed over 220 and their names all seem familiar (Hill, Blue, Ware, Hilliard). The other 4 RBs on their roster are smaller, but I don't recognize the names.

200 is small for an SEC RB.

Please talk sense into jmoore . No way jones reverts everyone on this team to cincy standards. He will adjust accordingly .
That's what he said in the press conference. Build the offense around the skills of the players.

Basing that off of the type of players Jones has recruited to Cincy.

Kelly recruited the same type of players at Cincy and had a similar system. He changed his system to fit his talent when at ND. But, of course, Jones won't do that.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back