Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I'm really going all of this board crying about the hire, all I've said is that I don't agree with it & don't think it will work out.

Then it's easy then, don't pay for tickets to games. Don't comment on the team, and pick a new team. If it bothers you that much that he is our new HC, dissent.

Why don't you give it a rest jmoore?

6386_4558.gif

Most successful people hate continued negativity. It gets old quick and you have a track record. Maybe it would be a good time to take a VN break.

Reactions: 2 people
Yea I'm really going all of this board crying about the hire, all I've said is that I don't agree with it & don't think it will work out.

I disagree. He's stable both in his track record and staff, he's a winner, and he's won championships with his scheme. Those 3 things are items that neither of our previous 2 coaches can claim.

He's lacking recruiters. Skeeter's comments about what hires he makes is true. He needs to get better in recruiting. That's one thing you can buy though on the free market, good recruiters.

Dang! I can't wait to see us actually call a timeout when we are at midfield in a tie game with 40 seconds left in the 4th quarter. I think CBJ can handle this.

Reactions: 1 person
I disagree. He's stable both in his track record and staff, he's a winner, and he's won championships with his scheme. Those 3 things are items that neither of our previous 3 coaches can claim.

He's lacking recruiters. Skeeter's comments about what hires he makes is true. He needs to get better in recruiting. That's one thing you can buy though on the free market, good recruiters.

He's never been able to use the resources UT has available for recruiting either. Not saying he's gonna turn out to be an ace, but don't judge him too quickly.

I disagree. He's stable both in his track record and staff, he's a winner, and he's won championships with his scheme. Those 3 things are items that neither of our previous 2 coaches can claim.

+1 on the recruiters, especially defensively.

From a poster on VQ, tifwiw...

"My best friend is a big time Georgia fan and upon seeing the possible hires of Jancek and Martinez I was feeling like we were just getting UGA retreads like alot of you guys are. I asked my buddy and he basically said Martinez was an elite recruiter and DB coach, but he was just in over his head as a play caller. He also said Jancek was a great coach and an elite recruiter at UGA and that the players loved him, however he was a casualty of Martinez not ready to be a play caller. My buddy always keeps it real and is very intrigued with Jancek calling plays and Martinez coaching DB's, says it has potential to be an elite hire. TIFWIW just thought I'd share."

I got coached by Martinez at the UGA camp. Fun dude, he was calling me Bama while we were there. He's a fun high energy coach. Then when I sprained my knee he came over and checked on me during the breaks and everything. I love the hire for our secondary. He's loves aggressive play.

Reactions: 4 people

Agree, he has a track recrod of a winner. In the MAC & Big East, it's just my opinion that his coaching & recruiting ability a long with his staffs won't be successful in the SEC. Really hope I get proved wrong, would love to see us back competing for SEC Titles.

Also, it's refreshing to actually have someone discuss this without spewing the their BS like the rest of this board.

Yea I have. Doesn't mean I can't give my opinion on other things.

You aren't adding to the discussion or giving any reasons for your opinions. You are just saying I hate this hire, I don't like this assistant, no surprise this recruit won't consider us, we aren't better off than we were with Dooley, I hate this offense. It comes across a whiny and it gets old quick.

Reactions: 6 people
Yea I have. Doesn't mean I can't give my opinion on other things.

He's won 4 championships in 6 seasons as a head coach. He's a winner. Why do you not like proven winners? And don't give me the he hasn't been in the SEC line. He's won where he's been. Fact.

You aren't adding to the discussion or giving any reasons for your opinions. You are just saying I hate this hire, I don't like this assistant, no surprise this recruit won't consider us, we aren't better off than we were with Dooley, I hate this offense. It comes across a whiny and it gets old quick.

That's fair.

Reactions: 2 people
He's never been able to use the resources UT has available for recruiting either. Not saying he's gonna turn out to be an ace, but don't judge him too quickly.

I agree but for now we are going to be at a disadvantage. I believe that can be overcome with 3 options. Good scheme, good coaching, great recruiters.
If his nucleus are good teachers like he discussed and knows and he adds great recruiting he'll be on his way.

He's won 4 championships in 6 seasons as a head coach. He's a winner. Why do you not like proven winners? And don't give me the he hasn't been in the SEC line. He's won where he's been. Fact.

He's won yes but I don't think he has the staff that is able to recruit at a high level to compete in the SEC.

I also don't like his offensive philosophy of the spread zone read offense. I've voiced my opinion multiple times that I think to win on a consistent basis in the SEC you have to line up man on man & run the football at people, control the clock, play great defense, & be good in the kicking game.

Agree, he has a track recrod of a winner. In the MAC & Big East, it's just my opinion that his coaching & recruiting ability a long with his staffs won't be successful in the SEC. Really hope I get proved wrong, would love to see us back competing for SEC Titles.

Also, it's refreshing to actually have someone discuss this without spewing the their BS like the rest of this board.

It's always a coin toss. I'm always hoping for a winner, maybe you see the toss going the other way so you don't get let down. Either way works but as you said discussions are fun. They're saying and I'd agree condemnations aren't. If he goes 0 fer in the SEC light the fires but right now it's the offseason of year one.

Most successful people hate continued negativity. It gets old quick and you have a track record. Maybe it would be a good time to take a VN break.

Pompous much? He's been very mature in his disapproval and given logical reasons. Take your pretentious BS somewhere else. I don't quite agree with all his negativity but he's not trolling or flaming, so disagree with him with the same politeness and maturity he's using.

That's fair.

Post like the one above express the same concern you mentioned but don't come across in a way that will result in such backlash imo. fwiw I hope you get proven wrong too. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back