Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know! We suck! Pruitt sucks! Fulmer sucks! Recruiting sucks! We’re never going to sign good players ever again. Doom and gloom!!!!!

Sarcasm would work if it were
really that far-fetched...

unfortunately, it’s not.

Even when Florida and Georgia have been at their weakest, we haven’t been able to capitalize. Now they’re both getting back on track and here we are, wallowing.

2007 was the last time we went to the SEC title game. And we are a long way from getting back...

I think people being upset at the direction Of this program is more than warranted.

unfortunately, it’s not.

Even when Florida and Georgia have been at their weakest, we haven’t been able to capitalize. Now they’re both getting back on track and here we are, wallowing.

2007 was the last time we went to the SEC title game. And we are a long way from getting back...

I think people being upset at the direction Of this program is more than warranted.

I know! We suck! Pruitt sucks! Fulmer sucks! Recruiting sucks! We’re never going to sign good players ever again. Doom and gloom!!!!!

Reactions: OrangenSC
Was aware Dickey is the AD...posted that the other day. Main point in a fantasy scenario. How many of that staff would end up here? Pause for VN reaction. 😏
I know people would flip out, but you have to let the HC hire people he is comfortable with. Clemson does that a lot. Their new WR coach was a GA last year, their safties coach came there from Grayson high school. DT's coach came from Jax St, DE's coach came from Ensworth, Elliott from Furman, Streeter from Liberty. I know a lot of those guys played there, but they all seem to buy in to what they are doing and can just coach.

I know people would flip out, but you have to let the HC hire people he is comfortable with. Clemson does that a lot. Their new WR coach was a GA last year, their safties coach came there from Grayson high school. DT's coach came from Jax St, DE's coach came from Ensworth, Elliott from Furman, Streeter from Liberty. I know a lot of those guys played there, but they all seem to buy in to what they are doing and can just coach.
much easier to do when you have nfl talent. im not convinced we are that talented.

If you run a two/three wide set, you better have game changer type WR's. we dont.

Reactions: engineerVOL
Arkansas just stopped paying Bielma his buyout and claimed he didn’t make a significant effort to gain high paid employment.

I wonder if Butch’s contract language didn’t make that possible for us. (It may not even be possible for Arkansas. Bielma filed a lawsuit)

But still, it’s interesting

Gosh I would love for Butch to take that to court so he has to lay out his efforts in front of a court for all of us to see.

Here is a question I’ll pose to the board. Fulmer has a difficult line to toe.

1. He has to manage finances. We must face it. We don’t have a lot. But with fans not excited will anyone show next year? Would you lose 12-16 million anyway? of keep him then basically have no buyouts on books after next year.

2. How can he support his current coach while not hitching his wagon too much to him? If he does too much then he is gone.

All I know if Fulmer is praying we don’t lose to Vandy. (We all know that girl will hit from 45 to win as time expires)
If we lose to Vandy is there even a TINY chance we consider Freeze

Naw. It’s an excuse for losing. The administration doesn’t coach the games. Coaches picked their coaches to coach. They just weren’t good at doing their jobs. Who else would have hired a losing record Dooley? Who else wanted Brian Kelly made coach Butch? Was Pruitt really a hot commodity for a head coach position? We just hired bad head coaches. That is all.

Exactly. Dooley was a nothing La Tech HC they gave the AD title to so he could make more money. Botch followed Kelly, who had made Cincy. All Botch did was change a few pass routes of Kelly's O. Jeremy was not sought by any P-5 program to be their HC. He made no short lists anywhere. So many panic hires by AD's along the way from Hamilton caving on Phil. You can tell how panicked they were by how many times they chased Gundy, the HC who loses to his in-state rival Okie 14/16 times.

As fans we buy into the hype and want to believe in our new HC/staff. That's not a bad thing, we are fans. The bad thing is on UT/major boosters for selling shiz as prime steak.

Me too!! If anyone wants us to lose to Vandy then they can turn in their Vol card. It shouldn’t take that to determine if a change needs to be made. I hope Pruitt can somehow figure this thing out, Bailey lights it up, we somehow beat Florida, A&M, or both, keep this recruiting class together, make a few necessary assistant coach changes, and get it right in 2021.
Agree that one game should not make a difference. If we somehow had a miracle win against A and M or UF, it still should not matter. The body of work to this point is plenty of evidence that Pruitt is not going to be successful here.

Reactions: Volator
Good one, Jimmy. It’s always a Jimmy.

Amazing isn't it?

Hyams finally gets a scoop before anybody else and blows it big time. Brohm would have been successful here. Brohm's reaction to the exposure reveals he was not really sold on the job anyway. If it had been his "dream job" he would have found a way to work through such a small issue.

We’ve been through so much that freaking Gumbo Hyams spoils a hire and we’re all like “meh, par for the course”

That’s because it would have been a meh hire. Now if he had blown up a Chris Petersen or Jon Gruden hire, there would already be people outside his house with torches, mattresses, and pitchforks.

Exactly. Dooley was a nothing La Tech HC they gave the AD title to so he could make more money. Botch followed Kelly, who had made Cincy. All Botch did was change a few pass routes of Kelly's O. Jeremy was not sought by any P-5 program to be their HC. He made no short lists anywhere. So many panic hires by AD's along the way from Hamilton caving on Phil. You can tell how panicked they were by how many times they chased Gundy, the HC who loses to his in-state rival Okie 14/16 times.

As fans we buy into the hype and want to believe in our new HC/staff. That's not a bad thing, we are fans. The bad thing is on UT/major boosters for selling shiz as prime steak.

BAAMMMMMMM!!!
HOME RUN!

We basically re-hired Sal Sunseri but this time we gave him the head coaching job.
You can’t make this up.

I used to sit and watch games all day on Saturdays. Just don’t care anymore. Might care again if UT ever becomes competitive and other games have bearing on whether we win the East or not.
exactly. followed recruiting as a hobby for (check my stats), back before .25, to GS days.

Would enjoy a HS playoff or any bball game as much or more. Used to love Arby's Classic games.

Even been to a Maryville College game, was fun.

unfortunately, it’s not.

You can’t reason with fans like this. He is a loser who loves losing. Either 2-8 or 3-7 is acceptable or it isn’t.

Fans accepting or making excuses for this year’s record don’t care about winning. They never will. It’s just not important to them.

I’ve posted something similar from what I’d heard. Jimmy’s source was good. Too good.

I’ve heard Will West (Jimmy’s co-worker at WNML) say it wasn’t just that the news leaked - it was that we were still haggling on the buyout when it leaked. We pissed him off by initially suggesting he pay his Purdue buyout.

Makes me wonder if we could go back to Brohm or if the way it fell apart alienated both sides.

Bahama John is no longer involved so maybe there's a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back