Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right.
It may be more near misses that are sticking in my mind. I want to say drake almost beat him a few times and northern Iowa.

k state has owned him too
Won 2 of last 3 vs them including the 45-0 beat down last week. All the other games appear to be fairly close.

Reactions: BruinVol
He's going to follow the foot steps (skipping Pitt) of the last great Iowa State HC and become a vol dabglamnit
Then in a few years, he’ll have heart trouble, Tee will take over win some games, Campbell will come back and lose some, then Tee will take over as head coach. Seems like I’ve heard this before.

I want a change at head coach too. Just don't see it happening.
We shall see. More and more people are getting upset. If we get blown out two more times, it won’t be good. I’m 50:50 today on if he survives. I do believe they want to get through ESD no matter what.

Reactions: drvenner
Yeah, BIG Frost guy here as well.

Willing to admit I could have been wrong - but also wonder if the type of player he recruits, the Oregon/UCF types, and the offense he runs, is impossible to recruit in the Midwest.
Yeah...thing is, he’s recruited pretty well there on paper and got quite a few southern recruits first couple classes.

Yeah, BIG Frost guy here as well.

Willing to admit I could have been wrong - but also wonder if the type of player he recruits, the Oregon/UCF types, and the offense he runs, is impossible to recruit in the Midwest.
I’ve said this for years and will die on this hill. Fit is the most critical part of a coaching hire.

You can look at numerous jobs around the country, and see where it’s more than just about being a good coach. Tennessee is an example, Texas, USC, Florida State, and Miami are just other examples.

You have to be to navigate the political climate of these places and be able to coach at a high level. That’s a hard combination to find.

I was HUGE believer in Frost. Not 100% out on him but he needs to answer back big time next year with McCaffery.
Nebraska will never be good again. they took their best recruiting base out of the equation when they switched conferences. they doomed themselves for short term money grab of the big 10.
Frost made the biggest error In Judgement by chasing the past at Nebraska.
If they were still in the big 12, they’d be able to compete Bc those kids would still come to Nebraska to play Texas/Okla/OKie st

**UPDATE**

God answers prayer. All glory be to Him. This has proven to be a marathon, not a sprint. My niece is slowly improving each day, but continued fever spikes are coupled with intense pain responses to touch. The condition causes inflammation in all vital organs and arteries.

The doctors have given no definite timeline for discharge, but we are hoping she will be home by the end of the weekend. Please continue to pray for her healing, my brother and our family, and the attending physicians. Thank you all for the outpouring of love and continued prayers. God bless!

-Girth
Great news! Prayers answered.

Nebraska will never be good again. they took their best recruiting base out of the equation when they switched conferences. they doomed themselves for short term money grab of the big 10.
Frost made the biggest error In Judgement by chasing the past at Nebraska.
If they were still in the big 12, they’d be able to compete Bc those kids would still come to Nebraska to play Texas/Okla/OKie st
Nebraska and Missouri should go back to the Big 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back