Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet they hire Beamer soon.

Wouldn’t get a lot of attention but could be a Pittman type hire where he hires outstanding staff around him. He knows how to recruit to win there as he loaded up spurrier the first time. Look at all the former gamecock stars calling for him. He got those kids there and they know it.

Hmm...I’m really starting to wonder if Pruitt and Fulmer have agreed to a negotiated buyout, because Pruitt has decided he wants out. Sexton would know about that, and maybe Fulmer informed Sexton that Freeze would be the first target. Try to sign the best class possible on ESD and then make the change after it.

I really like how you are thinking on this!

Hmm...I’m really starting to wonder if Pruitt and Fulmer have agreed to a negotiated buyout, because Pruitt has decided he wants out. Sexton would know about that, and maybe Fulmer informed Sexton that Freeze would be the first target. Try to sign the best class possible on ESD and then make the change after it.

Are you all so bored that you really can’t find anything better to do than posting endlessly about something that makes you miserable?

Like, we get it: Pruitt sucks. Recruiting sucks. AD sucks. Doom and gloom.

There’s more to life than Vols football and the time you’re wasting crying about it, you’re not going to get back. Go hug your wives or play catch with the kids or something.
clearly not married w children. That $@&$ is way overrated

What if Haslam is behind wanting to hire Freeze? Fulmer wants to keep Pruitt, but Haslam knows if he brought in Freeze he would take over his top spot at UT again.

But the hill to climb is shorter if this HC and his AD succeeds vs starting over again. So lets try to keep the recruits that want to be part of the revival of a great and storied program. There will be plenty of time to bellyache later.

How many wins do you expect CJP to get next year? And in a hypothetical 2022?

Now how many would you project Freeze to have the next 2 years?

I don't buy the hill is shorter with Pruitt. He's now THREE years in and has given up 108 more points than he's scored!! That is unprecedented. He's 112 points behind DOOLEY and that gap is only going to grow these last 3 games.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Find a QB
Fix LB
Find 2 transfer pass rushers
Replace Friend, Weinke, Neids, Felton

Win 8 games minimum.
All coaching issues.

"Just throw more talent at it" is like someone that throws more money at problems. The issue is with THE COACHES...and it begins with CJP. It will never be fixed unless he has a lobotomy.

You really have to try hard to be worse than Dooley.

Honest question on Pruitt. I think everyone would agree that there is a learning curve for a 1st time head coach - mistakes would be made and hopefully learned from. He had 2 normal years and now a “weird” year. Is there anything people are angry about that could be something he needed to learn and now maybe has learned?

What if Haslam is behind wanting to hire Freeze? Fulmer wants to keep Pruitt, but Haslam knows if he brought in Freeze he would take over his top spot at UT again.
Doubt that very seriously. Only way that would happen is Haslam is saying Freeze, but when rubber meets the road, Freeze will turn into Fleck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back