Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not convinced he starts or even plays. If he does is he going to be pulled the first time he makes a FR mistake? We aren't stopping UF or A&M with our defense and both will put up close to 50. We aren't going to outscore them.
I’m willing to bet he makes one mistake or one interception Pruitt pulls him. I hope not but seems JG is the only one with a leash a mile long.

I had a Bama fan, of all people, come to me the other day and say it stopped being fun for them to beat us a couple of years ago. He said even Tenn fans don’t deserve this.

That is sad fells. It’s worse than losing. We’ve reached the point of pity from rivals. Smh, yet here were are being told to buckle up and stop *****ing. Geez us.

I had a Bama fan, of all people, come to me the other day and say it stopped being fun for them to beat us a couple of years ago. He said even Tenn fans don’t deserve this.

That is sad fells. It’s worse than losing. We’ve reached the point of pity from rivals. Smh, yet here were are being told to buckle up and stop *****ing. Geez us.
dont need those inbreds douchers sympathy. gtfo.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Listen up. You are the one who is constantly griping and whining about our current coach, staff, program and AD. Over and over. I am not happy at all with how this season has gone.
I will never accept mediocrity in anything in life. So don't project your feelings to me. You don't know me, at all.
I am a long time donor, (although not in AVs league but know those who are, and beyond), vol fan of 50 years, UT grad, who understands the reality of our situation this year. You and your little band of keyboard warriors do not. You think that if you get on here and like places and continually say the same things over and over that someone will notice and do what you think ought to be done. As though you and yours actually know how to run a power 5 football program. You need to feel better about yourself Kport. Find something to do that actually is productive. You obviously have the time on your hands given how much time you spend here saying the same things over and over I choose to focus on the things in life that I actually have some control over and make sure they are anything but mediocre. Perhaps you should do the same and see how you feel about yourself.
I have seen the peaks and valleys of our beloved football program since Doug Dickey was our coach. We have been in the valley for way too long. But the hill to climb is shorter if this HC and his AD succeeds vs starting over again. So lets try to keep the recruits that want to be part of the revival of a great and storied program. There will be plenty of time to bellyache later.

1000 percent agree. Please post more.

I really would not want you anywhere near me on a team, in a game, in a war, or even at work. You may be like some of these kids on the team who lay down and quit mid game. I played on teams that got their teeth kicked in and never took a play off. Just had this convo with my son. Even if you are down 10-0 in a baseball game or 20 points in a basketball game and in life, you never stop competing. You always give 100 percent. Not saying Pruitt is going to make it but you seem to actually be cheering for Pruitt not to turn it around. Until he's not our coach any longer, I hope we don't get slaughtered and have hope Bailey is as ready as he can be and it does make a difference. I agree with a lot of what you are saying on this board but it has not seemed to have got to the point you want us to lose and lose big just to get rid of him. What happens will happen. However, I am still hoping for us to win the next three games regardless if I expect to do so. I just can't have a loser mentality.
There’s a difference in competing and running the organization. You don’t have to make it back the way you lost it. Sometimes you have to cut your losses and move on. That’s not quitting that trying to win another way. Running the AD is not tied to one season or even the last ten. Point is, if freeze is a legit option and it’s decided he gives us the best chance for sustaining success then you cut Pruitt immediately. I agree with you on the competing side, that’s what helped me survived cancer treatment. I committed to it even if it almost killed me for months on end because it’s the only way to get better.

Baseball ?

if so I bet your state championship games at mtsu were your most memorable. Nice crowds at those by the way
Not going to take away from your accomplishments. Spurrier always said his baseball championship at SH was his most favorite accomplishment. We never won anything in HS, lol. Granted that was a lifetime ago.

Really, good for you.

But, been around sports long enough to know peeps do like to see butts in the stands.

Did covid beat us 34-7? Oh sorry that was trash Kentucky who lost to Bama by 60. I’m sure they don’t like losing but they aren’t prioritizing winning that’s for sure. Phil should have stepped in and told Pruitt rolling with JG and being unwilling to adapt isn’t going to win him games. Part of me does believe with a good QB the season would be much different and Pruitt would succeed. I was VERY high on Pruitt going into this year and early this season and you can look back at my posts saying as much. His unwillingness to get a backup QB any reps were when I started to turn. HB could have played the whole second half of Bama but he kept JG in. Could have played him against UK. Didn’t. I wasn’t out until recently. Pruitt has major red flags as an HC. I think he knows football but he’s made his own bed by trotting out the same ole QB every game. Many fans would still be upset with losses but if you put in another QB it shows you’re at least trying to figure things out and he hasn’t done that.

That is nice. Don't really care if you are out. No need to post until you are back in unless it is prescribed therapy for you. Then by all means for your health, continue on. And my post is coming from a place where I actually dislike the gump greatly but know someway somehow he needs to figure this crap out.

That is nice. Don't really care if you are out. No need to post until you are back in unless it is prescribed therapy for you. Then by all means for your health, continue on. And my post is coming from a place where I actually dislike the gump greatly but know someway somehow he needs to figure this crap out.
I’m not out on UT and never will be. I have spent too much money and more importantly made too many memories rooting for the Vols. I’m out on Pruitt. Anytime we play I’ll be rooting for a win no matter who we play.

I really would not want you anywhere near me on a team, in a game, in a war, or even at work. You may be like some of these kids on the team who lay down and quit mid game. I played on teams that got their teeth kicked in and never took a play off. Just had this convo with my son. Even if you are down 10-0 in a baseball game or 20 points in a basketball game and in life, you never stop competing. You always give 100 percent. Not saying Pruitt is going to make it but you seem to actually be cheering for Pruitt not to turn it around. Until he's not our coach any longer, I hope we don't get slaughtered and have hope Bailey is as ready as he can be and it does make a difference. I agree with a lot of what you are saying on this board but it has not seemed to have got to the point you want us to lose and lose big just to get rid of him. What happens will happen. However, I am still hoping for us to win the next three games regardless if I expect to do so. I just can't have a loser mentality.

I don’t feel like there are as many hoping for Pruitt to fail as you think. Most genuinely want him to succeed. The problem is he hasn’t and there is nothing to build hope on that he will.

Do you ever think Pruitt will beat Bama, UF, and GA? Has he shown anything that makes you believe he can do it? If the honest answer there is no, despite what you want to happen, the wtf are we waiting on? Why the extensions and raises?

Bama is on pace to roll off 20 in a row against us.

If players are so emotionally fragile that they need 102,455 in attendance to perform, I don’t want them, and neither should @BruinVol nor UT.

The excuses some of you make for a proven failure is unconscionably unbelievable.
Some of you all are masterful at interpretation to ensure something fits your own agenda.

So done with UT football and I suggest everyone do the same. There’s no excuse for them backing up and keeping Pruitt. So until UT cares about winning again, no one pay a dime to the football program. Simple. They want to screw us, then they don’t make money either.
I can see Pruitt going 7-5 next season and people saying we are making improvements. Lol. If Pruitt doesn't go at least 8-4 next season its a failure. In my opinion. Like I've said before I want Pruitt to win (because I feel he is a good guy just hard to work for) but if he goes 3-7 and doesn't compete against Florida and A&M (and I mean under 10 points lol) then Pruitt should be fired no matter how the score looks against Vandy.

Last edited:
**UPDATE**

God answers prayer. All glory be to Him. This has proven to be a marathon, not a sprint. My niece is slowly improving each day, but continued fever spikes are coupled with intense pain responses to touch. The condition causes inflammation in all vital organs and arteries.

The doctors have given no definite timeline for discharge, but we are hoping she will be home by the end of the weekend. Please continue to pray for her healing, my brother and our family, and the attending physicians. Thank you all for the outpouring of love and continued prayers. God bless!

-Girth
Thank the Lord! Will still be praying but thanks for some good news! God Bless!

Did covid beat us 34-7? Oh sorry that was trash Kentucky who lost to Bama by 60. I’m sure they don’t like losing but they aren’t prioritizing winning that’s for sure. Phil should have stepped in and told Pruitt rolling with JG and being unwilling to adapt isn’t going to win him games. Part of me does believe with a good QB the season would be much different and Pruitt would succeed. I was VERY high on Pruitt going into this year and early this season and you can look back at my posts saying as much. His unwillingness to get a backup QB any reps were when I started to turn. HB could have played the whole second half of Bama but he kept JG in. Could have played him against UK. Didn’t. I wasn’t out until recently. Pruitt has major red flags as an HC. I think he knows football but he’s made his own bed by trotting out the same ole QB every game. Many fans would still be upset with losses but if you put in another QB it shows you’re at least trying to figure things out and he hasn’t done that.

As difficult as it is to do, I am trying to wait until the season is over like always to judge. Heck, it may be over and we may not play another game for all we know. However, if HB plays the last three games then he will have done that. If he felt Bailey would be Mauered if he played him against Bama then I get it. I don't know his thinking on it and not going to ask him about it. I don't like him. I would love to give Freeze a run but just have to wait at this point. Giving a few more weeks to figure it out makes sense but so much going on behind the scenes and one way to get a different coach would be to have the same thing we had going on when Shitano was almost hired. I would wait a few weeks before having to go that route. Give Pruitt a chance to do what he is suppose to do best and that is recruit. See if he can really sell at this point and make something work. I know you love the Vols and that is a good thing but can't make decisions with all that is involved from an emotional place. That is why we are fans and are not the driver of such decisions. Good luck with that and try to maybe back away a little. Have had to do so myself at times.

I can see Pruitt going 7-5 next season and people saying we are making improvements. Lol. If Pruitt doesn't go at least 8-4 next season its a failure. I must opinion. Like I've said before I want Pruitt to win (because I feel he is a good guy just hard to work for) but if he goes 3-7 and doesn't compete against Florida and A&M (and mean under 10 points lol) then Pruitt should be fired no matter how the score looks against Vandy.
Exactly. He will go 6 or 7 wins next year and morons will be beating their chest just like last year during that terrible streak. I mean I guess beating Vandy 8 times in a row is impressive to some. Hell we weren't even blowing those teams out it was close game after close game. Pruitt will not succeed here and will never beat one of the big 3 here. He needs to go, but there will be plenty still carrying water for him after a 6 win season next year.

**UPDATE**

God answers prayer. All glory be to Him. This has proven to be a marathon, not a sprint. My niece is slowly improving each day, but continued fever spikes are coupled with intense pain responses to touch. The condition causes inflammation in all vital organs and arteries.

The doctors have given no definite timeline for discharge, but we are hoping she will be home by the end of the weekend. Please continue to pray for her healing, my brother and our family, and the attending physicians. Thank you all for the outpouring of love and continued prayers. God bless!

-Girth
Continued prayers for strength and healing.

Where did I ever say I want to lose or hope we get slaughtered? I said that it would probably happen. I have said everywhere that I want to win every game and I will never hope for a loss. But being honest about us probably losing big this weekend is not saying I hope it happens. I played in college and I coach now. I’m mad because I don’t let any one player be above my team. Our coach is playing a QB who is losing us games and not benching him like this is upward sports. We just lost our fifth straight by 20+ points which hasn’t happened since the 1800’s and our coach still kept putting a terrible QB out there.

trying to ski behind a pontoon is akin to trottingn JG out there. Skiing was meant to be dine behind an inboard motor.

Now, fly fishing off a Mastercraft. THAT is an artform.
We are bringing our 23LSV down to surf with and piss all the pontooners off. I have 4800lb of ballast!!😂

Fulmer, Boyd, and Plowman and people who put money into this program do not like losing. Trying to fix 0-8 when you have no talent and top coaches not wanting to come here is not easy. Pruitt is failing and how much is due to Covid or not Covid can be discussed forever but to think the administration likes losing. Some of the **** is getting ridiculous and is getting to Pruitt level fandom. Buckle up little buttercups. Whatever happens will happen and you piss moaning all the time is not good for your mental health.

The no talent excuse doesn’t hold up when you’re getting blown out by UK and Arkansas. No way those teams have more talent and what’s the excuse for the GA St.

Last coaching search was a disaster, but you can’t convince me that Freeze wouldn’t take this job yesterday. Worst case you hire Napier are Chadwell, both would be improvements imo.

Schiano isn't an elite coach but he's far from being a garbage coach. What he did during his first stint at Rutgers is actually pretty impressive.

Schiano isn't an elite coach but he's far from being a garbage coach. What he did during his first stint at Rutgers is actually pretty impressive.
No it wasn’t. They were in the big east when there were no other good teams. If he had won a bunch of conference championships or had multiple 11 seasons then sure. Not what happened though

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back