Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s nothing that points to next year being much better. You’re probably going to see major staff turnover. What good coaches are coming here for a guy on a scorching hot seat? You’re going to pay big buyouts for the coaches you do hire for next year too if you make a move then. There also may be a lot more competition in next year’s coaching carousel.

Pulling the plug now has way more positives than waiting to see if it can be turned around next season. We’ve acted a year too late with the last two coaches imo.
The buyouts for Ansley and Chaney combine for $2.6 million if they are fired. Brumbaugh still has another year on his contract at $600k. Friend makes $800k. So you have to fire them possibly and hire new guys on multi year deals. Would be better just to do it now. We are probably 4-8 or 5-7 in the best case scenario next season.

Discouraging. This is Butch all over again. By the end of 2016, with the way we threw that season away, it was obvious Butch wasn't the long term guy. But we waited another year. Transfers, recruiting fell off, etc and the next guy had a total rebuilding job.

If Pruitt gets another year, next guy is going to have close to total rebuilding job. Cut ties with him now, make a quick hire, and I think the next guy will be able to salvage a lot of the current roster and recruiting class and start the job with a reasonably stocked cupboard.

And I'm not even close to all in on Freeze the way many here are.

Last edited:
Why the hell are we starting Bailey against FL? I’m not saying he shouldn’t have already started, but why now?

Let JG start, then bring Bailey in after a couple of series or so. Then let Bailey start at Vandy. This is our 2nd most hated rival and we’re about to get blown out.

This coach makes zero sense.

Why the hell are we starting Bailey against FL? I’m not saying he shouldn’t have already started, but why now?

Let JG start, then bring Bailey in after a couple of series or so. Then let Bailey start at Vandy. This is our 2nd most hated rival and we’re about to get blown out.

Play the kid.

NO! No more JG. Play HB. This isn't the Snowflake league he's got to start somewhere.

Bailey starting against Florida is what needs to happen, but it's just another area where we see how they've botched HB starting this year. What happened to the narrative, 'We don't want to put Bailey in a hard spot.'? But instead of starting against Kentucky, Arkansas, or even Auburn, you're going to roll the kid out against the Florida. What a mess.

And also, I guess of Salter, Brooks, or Lewis decommits we are supposed to believe that's all part of a greater plan? Come on...

NO! No more JG. Play HB. This isn't the Snowflake league he's got to start somewhere.
I’m not saying don’t play him, I’m saying we have no chance this game, and this being his first start is a losing situation. We’re going to get down early, and force him to try to be the hero. Which, is going to lead to dumb ass play calling. I’ve seen this script too many times.

We’ve suffered through JG for 33 games, 2 serious isn’t going to hurt nothing. Then retire his butt to the bench to never be seen or heard from again.

That’s a shame. Sorry Penny

View attachment 326104
200.gif

As opposed to the buyouts we'd be paying firing Pruitt this year? We're going to be screwed by buyouts no matter what, unless Pruitt actually figures **** out. Not impossible, but at this point, I'm guessing improbable.
If you want to hire new assistants, that means you have to fire the current ones and pay their buyouts. Then you’re going to pay the new assistants buyouts next year when you fire the whole staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back