Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna get ugly, no matter how anyone close to the program tries to spin it. Lose the fans lose your job. Negative recruiting is gonna kill us this season and picking up transfers will be even harder. New coaches for the third time in 4 years isn't a good selling point. You can't tell me a 4star was a git either.

Man, I really want to know just who the hell the staff thinks they're getting on the grad transfer market. If they're that damn good, wouldn't they be going to the NFL? Trading 4 year players for most likely one year players shows how screwed we are IMO. And I don't for one second believe that's why McGhee decommitted.

Pruitt’s dumb ass didn’t go get a transfer this past offseason and any QB that wants to come play in this guy’s offense next year doesn’t have the brain cells to be a QB in this league.
Yeah, I dont see why a QB would choose our crap offense to come play in when you have dozens of other options. If you do bring in a transfer to start Bailey should transfer. He would be wasting his time here.

I know a lot of people are excited about the one time transfer rule, but it could just as easily blow up in our face.

Reactions: Volinswohio
It’s going to be a lot of fun paying all of their buyouts after next year.
As opposed to the buyouts we'd be paying firing Pruitt this year? We're going to be screwed by buyouts no matter what, unless Pruitt actually figures **** out. Not impossible, but at this point, I'm guessing improbable.

I really don’t think many of our top recruits will stick. They’re still committed but the more we look like trash and the more our own and national media start saying Pruitt sucks the more they’ll be inclined to dip. The recruits have to see that Pruitt is likely gone after next year.

There’s nothing that points to next year being much better. You’re probably going to see major staff turnover. What good coaches are coming here for a guy on a scorching hot seat? You’re going to pay big buyouts for the coaches you do hire for next year too if you make a move then. There also may be a lot more competition in next year’s coaching carousel.

Pulling the plug now has way more positives than waiting to see if it can be turned around next season. We’ve acted a year too late with the last two coaches imo.

Our only hope is that Freeze truly does want this job and will wait for it next year and I highly doubt he will wait on us if a good offer comes available. Always a year late for us. We never get the hot name in the coaching search and even worse we never get the hire right.

Last edited:
Let’s just hope Freeze wants the SEC. He’s not going to USCjr and no other SEC jobs will be available this year (most notably Auburn). So either Pruitt turns it around with transfers and assistant changes or he gets fired next year. Million dollar question is what does he have to do next year to be safe?

Let’s just hope Freeze wants the SEC. He’s not going to USCjr and no other SEC jobs will be available this year (most notably Auburn). So either Pruitt turns it around with transfers and assistant changes or he gets fired next year. Million dollar question is what does he have to do next year to be safe?
Beat everyone we’re supposed to beat plus 1 of or more of either UGA, FL or Bama.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
If Pruitt is going to be around next season for sure then I don't want to see a bunch of money wasted on buyouts for bringing in new assistant coaches when the whole staff will be on the hot seat. That's just throwing good money after bad. If you're going to give him a year to right the ship then make him do it with what he brought.

Beat everyone he's supposed to, and win at least one of the big 3 while being competitive against the other two. I'm sure some people will claim more, but what I've said is probably reality.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
If Pruitt is going to be around next season for sure then I don't want to see a bunch of money wasted on buyouts for bringing in new assistant coaches when the whole staff will be on the hot seat. That's just throwing good money after bad. If you're going to give him a year to right the ship then make him do it with what he brought.
Good point. Who could we even lure in knowing he’s on the hot seat.

Reactions: franklinpence
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back