Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol what? I don’t think he goes there either. Was just adding what their board and Shurburtt were saying about it. Doesn’t sound like USCe reached out and there was no interest.
Freeze is using them to make the big boys make moves. He wants us to go in a frenzy and rush to interview him. Of course he wants an interview, then Michigan, UT, etc... say do we need to make a move if we may want him? USC is ending up with Beamer, Caldwell, or Monken.

Tee or Ansley? You must be trolling lol

I believe there is definitely a scenario where UT doesn't go after Freeze. Gets turned down from Campbell/Fickell/Napier. Instead of hiring Kevin Steele or random G5 coach they decide to go with Tee for a cheap HC contract. Unlikely IMO, but definitely a possible scenario

I mean if it's just "pick the names ya want"

Top 2 would be Freeze & Fickell I think for most people.

Why I think Matt Campbell is in the top 3-4 would be because he's the first coach to win 8 games in 2 seasons since the 70s at Iowa State, first HC to win 8 or more games in a season since 2000. First HC in Iowa State history to have a top 25 team 4 straight years. He's winning where it's really hard to win, and has done it for 4 years in a row.

Freeze is using them to make the big boys make moves. He wants us to go in a frenzy and rush to interview him. Of course he wants an interview, then Michigan, UT, etc... say do we need to make a move if we may want him? USC is ending up with Beamer, Caldwell, or Monken.

The football gods don't like me enough to make USC hire Monken and an option based system goes to SC, lol

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Man...UT basketVOLS having 2 top 50 picks and neither playing a minute would suck such ass. I feel like both want to play though since neither has opt'd out.
At this point, I would be in favor of pausing everything for two months if it meant we could play the whole schedule. I want and need basketball so bad.

Why I think Matt Campbell is in the top 3-4 would be because he's the first coach to win 8 games in 2 seasons since the 70s at Iowa State, first HC to win 8 or more games in a season since 2000. First HC in Iowa State history to have a top 25 team 4 straight years. He's winning where it's really hard to win, and has done it for 4 years in a row.

I'd much rather take Fickell/Campbell. Proven winners, offensive minded, without the baggage. They are both MW guys though so doesn't seem likely they'd want to take an SEC job

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
So we all agree that Freeze's potential UT coaching staff looks something like:

HC - Freeze
AHC/Co-OC/OL - Matt Luke
Co-OC/QB - Kent Austin
Associate HC/WR - Tee Martin
RB - Jay Graham
TE/Recruiting Coordinator - Maurice Harris
Co-DC/LB - Will Muschamp or Derek Mason

right? RIGHT!?
IF we were to change, keeping a couple current coaches and adding someone like Muschamp would be huge. In a year where you can openly transfer, we need some continuity. Muschamp also will have recruiting connections and be able to get some transfers. We are starting to get talent and can't risk a class with no talent.

Reactions: GoBigOrangeVols
He's putting together 8 win seasons at Iowa State of all places lol. He's consistently beating ranked teams including multiple wins over Oklahoma. He doesn't get blown out as most of his losses are in single digits. That's incredible. He's 6-2 this year
3-9
8-5
8-5
7-6
6-2
Still don’t get it.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Why in the holy hell would we consider Ansley when he has proved utterly incapable of handling our defense?

Agreed, I think Pruitt giving his buddy his first shot to DC has set us further back than anything else he's done at this program.

But if we're going to hire our first black HC, it's going to be Tee. No way you ignore a VFL already on staff who took a pay cut to help out the AD. His name popping up when we hired Pruitt wasn't just smoke, I think Phil's plan has been to get Tee ready for the job.

I think it's too early and I think rolling out another first time HC would be a terrible idea, but if it works...oh man will Phil look like a genius.

The problem is that the recruits have already seen the crap show on display the last 5 weeks. Only way they could save this class is to pull the shocker against Florida and then the season gets cancelled.

I think this staff can sell that they didn't take this season seriously, that they used it to try and develop players towards the future. They didn't really care about wins this season. Used it as a big skrimage. Whether true or not I think they can spin it that way. I think playing the games insures an implosion of the class. Not playing gives them a chance.

This explains it much better for me and makes him sound better than just his record. Thank you.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back