Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to believe that because of the limited off-season, I do believe, Pruitt has been told by Fulmer that this is throw away year, trot JG out there regardless, and don't ruin HB. That is the only logical reason, I can figure he keeps starting JG. And why he looks so apathetic on the sideline. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't AV elude to a big time grad transfer coming in (probably a QB?). Then you also have Salter coming in and a top 10 class, so a brand new QB room next year. Otherwise its a tin foil hat rational of he wants to tank, so he collects his buyout and runs back to Bama. That just doesnt make sense to me, to get to where Pruitt is you are super competitive and you want to win. You can't tank.
Don't think that's the case because of the toll it will and is probably taking on recruiting. The season is disappointing but losing a good recruiting class will be exponentially detrimental to the program.

SEVERAL INDUSTRY SOURCES SAY TENNESSEE IS THE PREFERRED LANDING SPOT FOR FREEZE. TENNESSEE CERTAINLY COULD WAIT A YEAR, SEE WHETHER PRUITT IMPROVES THE PROGRAM IN 2021 AND THEN MAKE A RUN AT FREEZE. BUT A POOR FINISH, ESPECIALLY A LOSS THIS WEEK AGAINST WINLESS VANDERBILT, OR A SOUTH CAROLINA PUSH FOR FREEZE, COULD CHANGE THE THOUGHT PROCESS.

“TENNESSEE’S ALWAYS IN PLAY,” AN INDUSTRY SOURCE SAID.”

Per Adam Rittenberg of ESPN

Do It Freeze me

We've been AWFUL on 3rd down since JP arrived. Now this year we are allowing them at 50%! That is historically bad.

I could be wrong, but I usually see situational football (3rd downs, redzone scenarios) as relying heavily on coaching. We have not been good in those metrics under this staff. Telling...

I miss those Jancek 3rd down defenses...tops in the entire country.
always liked Janceck.

minus the cheating on wife.

Nobody wants to be a failure

In the beginning, I 100% believe JP was fired up and in this thing to win and nothing else.

I also 100% believe he is currently not in that same mindset and would be just fine with his buyout and then ride off into the sunset with Saban and retire a lifelong coordinator.

He doesn't like to fail, sure. But I don't think he minds it at this point.

Everyone knows it’s beyond repair for Pruitt but when the recruits start bailing it’s time to pull the plug. Our University is inept.

Reactions: VolsNUT
Imagine our fortune sitting here looking at a get out of jail card with freeze publicly campaigning for the job

Someone please do the right thing

Just got off the line with a some seriously conected. Papa Js has been crushing deliveries over the last 8 months, so Peyton is walking with some F you money. Peyton wants Arch to play for the Vols, but Cooper doesn't feel comfortable with him in our offense. Cooper is comfortable with Hugh from his time at Ole Miss and is really impressed with his high scoring offense. Peyton is seriously considering throwing around some of that F U money to see is nephew in orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back