Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It affects people differently. Period. I’ve had it and a cold was worse.

Didn’t have a fever, didn’t feel bad, only reason I knew I had it was because all of a sudden a couldn’t smell anything.

I was Covid free within about 8 days after testing positive.

I’m not down playing it btw, people should take precautions but for the majority of people this thing is nothing. That is a fact.

My wife’s mom, dad, sisters, brother-in-law, niece, nephew, aunt, uncle, and grandparents all caught it from a Sunday lunch on November 1st.

All had different symptoms. Her dad and youngest sister were asymptomatic and the others experienced anything from fever, cough, loss of taste/smell. Her grandparents are in the hospital, with her grandfather coming home tomorrow. They are expecting her grandmother home in a week or so.

A lot of coaches do subscribe to that. Including Bill Parcells. He used to preach that when he coached the cowboys back in the day. Annoyed me then too. But yeah.... it’s not that uncommon.
Thing was Romo outpracticed Bledsoe and outplayed him in the preseason...still took Drew throwing blanks for him to be replaced midway through the season. It was maddening listening to local sports radio with them having no idea that Witten was a weapon. Testaverde would throw to him but DB would target anyone but. When Romo finally arrived, it dawned on them that they had a future HOF TE on the roster. Coincidentally, anybody have any observations on our TE’s against Auburn? 😉

Reactions: Rishvol and ATC_VOL
Pruitt had a built in excuse of benching JG and knowing Bailey didn't have enough experience to be good yet. He could have said we were building for the future with the QB. Him insisting on playing JG is the #1 reason everyone is over him.
Yep. That's the most head-scratching thing about his decision to continue to play JG. He has so many reasons/excuses to make a QB change, yet he doesn't do it.

It would be different if Tennessee was a solid team, but was let down in key moments in big games by JG trying to make something happen. For example, I would understand continuing to play JG if Tennessee was 5-2 and he had played very well, but there were a couple of throws he'd like to have back against Georgia and Alabama that cost us, or JG lacked some elite playmaking ability in a key moment that could have changed the game. In such a scenario, I'm sure the fanbase would be screeching to play HB even though he probably shouldn't, and Pruitt would probably be out front everyday saying that "JG gives us the best chance to win." I'd get it if JG was a solid and consistent performer, but had just failed to make a remarkable play in a key spot.

Instead, we're 2-5, JG makes freshman mistakes that cost us games against teams like Kentucky, and it's like he's committed to play JG no matter what.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
there simply is zero evidence of this.

The played hard as a team until JG got hurt at Arkansas and played extremely hard at auburn

there are plenty of real reasons to want to HB to start so many that we really don’t need to make up false claims like this.
I’ve ignored you and unignored, so ignore again. Also JG is killing this team, check his stats. If you cannot see that his play drags everyone down then that’s on you. As far as I’m concerned the sooner he’s gone the better for Tennessee

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange Studs
All y'all talking about basketball and I'm here like:

bN7PWbt.gif

Thing is JG pre-plans every target he throws to. For whatever reason when the play is called he sees the dark orange route on Madden and that's who he's going to. That's why he stares down his targets, that's why he holds the ball too long. He's predetermined where he's going and waits until -that- target is free/open enough to make the throw.

Bailey in his 10 pass attempts didn't do that at all, not once. He read the defense, looked off defenders and even made multiple progressions when he had time to find the best target for whatever play was called.
That looks like six points for the good guys if they had executed

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Yep. That's the most head-scratching thing about his decision to continue to play JG. He has so many reasons/excuses to make a QB change, yet he doesn't do it.

It would be different if Tennessee was a solid team, but was let down in key moments in big games by JG trying to make something happen. For example, I would understand continuing to play JG if Tennessee was 5-2 and he had played very well, but there were a couple of throws he'd like to have back against Georgia and Alabama that cost us, or JG lacked some elite playmaking ability in a key moment that could have changed the game. In such a scenario, I'm sure the fanbase would be screeching to play HB even though he probably shouldn't, and Pruitt would probably be out front everyday saying that "JG gives us the best chance to win." I'd get it if JG was a solid and consistent performer, but had just failed to make a remarkable play in a key spot.

Instead, we're 2-5, JG makes freshman mistakes that cost us games against teams like Kentucky, and it's like he's committed to play JG no matter what.
Honestly at this point I think Pruitt is looking to head back to being a DC at Alabama and that's why he's playing JG

Chaney has full power. Someone else could’ve been calling plays but honestly to me, the offense looked exactly the same in what limited things you could go by.

If i had to bet on it i think there’s multiple voices involved in the game script because in the first few drives we ran a few mesh concepts (we haven’t done that all year) ... one to velus on a big play and we also had a HB wheel route and angle route that were successful.....
the game goes on and we don’t see that.
I seent it! (Id post the gif, but don’t know how to)
Noticed the whole first qtr. even said in the game thread, we’d ran more new plays in the first half than the entire year combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back