Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring me Freeze now. Simplest decision in the history of college football hires

Bass, there’s no amount of times you could post this that wouldn’t get a like from me.

I swear, if Nick Saban tomorrow said he was willing to come save our program and take the head coaching job, our admins would find some reason not to hire him.

Glad to see Bailey get in, but auburn was up a lot and in prevent defense at that point, so not ready to crown him the savior. Am ready to continue saying he was clearly a better option than JG and would have given us a better chance to win if he'd started.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Glad to see Bailey get in, but auburn was up a lot and in prevent defense at that point, so not ready to crown him the savior. Am ready to continue saying he was clearly a better option than JG and would have given us a better chance to win if he'd started.

I think the score would have been about the same or worse, but at least we would have been looking forward, and not back.

Reactions: jave36
It’s not any more complicated than this. Bailey will be putting up 35 per.
Imagine a Freeze offense with Bailey, Gray, Wideman, Hyatt, Calloway, Beckwith and Holiday. Then if we can hold onto the 21 class also. That offense would set records. Bailey would put up stupid numbers

Not defending Pruitt, but coaches in general spread the wealth which is what he did... players appreciate that...

How he’s going about it isn’t constructive Coach speak! He will eventually lose the respect of the players because they all know how bad JG is and he doesn’t give them the best chance to win.it’s clear

Last edited:
Reactions: TN-POSSUM
I kind of agree. I don't think hiring Pruitt will cost Phil. We didn't have a lot of choices. But giving Pruitt that extension when he did, that I don't understand. That is what could cost him.

I don't even think that matters. Fulmer isn't that kind of AD. He handles political aspects and signs off on things. He gets what he thinks his coaches need to succeed but the extension and its details are more on people specialized in that and the extension wasn't a bad move at the time. While I think the current practice of auto-extending is a very dumb one that universities have fallen for and need to find a way to get out of, it's an extend or fire kind of world these days. Not extending jeopardizes recruiting when there was no reason to believe ahead of time that Germy would completely fall apart this season.

Still didn’t work! Can’t get blood out of a turnip, but Bailey can get production out of a tightend...or two.
I don’t know how anyone else can’t see that our offense is completely different with HB in the game.... kid was hitting receivers all over the field, spreading the ball around...... (you know being unpredictable) Auburn tried to Blitz him like crazy and only got one sack. That sack came because he had to try and stay in the pocket and possibly make a throw but a receiver never came open so he had to take the sack. HB is elite if he isn’t starting the next game Jeremy Pruitt should definitely be fired. Period.

Tried to tell y’all it was Pruitts call. I don’t care that AV tried to come in and say it wasn’t. Heard from two different offensive coaches that they wanted to move on from JG and Pruitt kept going with JG.

If that’s the case and he continues to call other coaches out and players he won’t have anyone left in his corner but JG

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I don’t know how anyone else can’t see that our offense is completely different with HB in the game.... kid was hitting receivers all over the field, spreading the ball around...... (you know being unpredictable) Auburn tried to Blitz him like crazy and only got one sack. That sack came because he had to try and stay in the pocket and possibly make a throw but a receiver never came open so he had to take the sack. HB is elite if he isn’t starting the next game Jeremy Pruitt should definitely be fired. Period.
He moved well in the pocket right before the sack too. Extra reps may have prevented the sack 💪🏻

Reactions: MwB and cHiZzLeVOL
No they weren't. Auburn had their starters in and was blitzing the hell out of Bailey. It was far from prevent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back