Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is criminal. I don't see how officials can be so bad. The conference commissioner should have banned that crew from ever officiating another game in that conference as soon as the game ended.
No accountability for officials. Officials shoulder be fined and give reasons to the media after games.

Dear Coach Pruitt,

If you start Harrison Bailey remember he is a true freshman. He hasn't mastered the Encyclopedia Britannica of playbooks and he will probably make mistakes. Leave him in there. Let him learn on the job. If he throws a pick so what. We understand . We expect a true freshman to make mistakes . It is much more painful to watch a 5th year senior stare down receivers , throw into double / triple coverage , completely disregard ball security , and deflate the already tired defense from the constant three n outs.

Yours Truly,
VN

P.S. Freeze likes chicken pot pies and Michelob Ultra so make sure you stock the fridge in the office before you leave.
lol perfect

Genuinely curious (as someone who has defensed Pruitt all season), how would we be feeling about him right now if Freeze wasn't practically a guarantee if we offered him the job? Personally, I would be ok giving him year 4 with Bailey, but with Freeze on the table, I want him fired yesterday.

Here's a better angle. Blow it up on screen and it does look like the receiver's arm was out then the flag comes right after. Hard to tell if it was a bona fide extended-arm push off, but it could've been.

Also watch the gap between them. As the arm goes out, you can see the receiver gain distance all of a sudden.

Not even close to PI

Reactions: Vols4us
Genuinely curious (as someone who has defensed Pruitt all season), how would we be feeling about him right now if Freeze wasn't practically a guarantee if we offered him the job? Personally, I would be ok giving him year 4 with Bailey, but with Freeze on the table, I want him fired yesterday.
Interesting framing.

I’m not a Freeze guy so looking forward to other answers.

Hugh Freeze is 19-21 in The SEC and that includes going 5-5 against the east. I think people are putting way too much stock in those two Bama wins. Not saying he isn't a good coach but I don't think he's a sure thing and honestly I would rather take a chance on Napier.
Lol too much stock in the bama wins? Name me the coaches that beat that dynasty in consecutive years? I’ll wait.

You don’t fire Pruitt unless someone has agreed to take the job. This hasn’t happened since the Fulmer /Majors. It worked out then, probably would now.

Reactions: hooter vol
Yes those people are the problem. Half this fan base believes you have to have some elite recruiter to win and it’s not true. Nobody and I mean nobody recruits at MS St, so he goes to a school where you can recruit and magically he’s getting good players.

I don’t believe Dan Mullen is the greasiest coach ever, but he would have been a hell of a hire here. People who think different are the same people in our admin who will screw this hire up if given the chance.

The first step to fixing our problem is admitting we have one.

Lol, and the first time Dan Mullen had a class ranked 22nd at UT, you guys are the same ones that would complain.

There are also 2 different discussions going on: would he be better right now for us? Or is he a “championship type coach”? Of course, he would most likely be better than our current product. But those two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

It was after this part. It was right at the goalline (~2 yardline) which this angle misses. Can only see the portion from the other video. Yeah I can't say for sure, it just appears he suddenly gains an extra step on the defender once his arm goes out. Their feet were inches apart, then the arm goes out and the gap widens. Seems it gave him an advantage but idk if OPI worthy, but I can at least see what they were going off of. Meh
View attachment 324645

All in all I'd just rather they hadn't called it bc I like Brohm and Fleck is 100% 🤮 He apparently gave some extra cringeworthy presser afterward 🤮

Yeah I don't get that either. May have cost the Saints a Super Bowl.
It was offensive PI. Don’t extend your arm fully and it won’t get called.

Row the boat.

Reactions: Batman1948
Lol, and the first time Dan Mullen had a class ranked 22nd at UT, you guys are the same ones that would complain.

There are also 2 different discussions going on: would he be better right now for us? Or is he a “championship type coach”? Of course, he would most likely be better than our current product. But those two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

*whispers*

No one is championship type coach until they actually win one while being the guy.

In a potential coaching search, how much stock do you put into cultural fit? What I mean by that: how important is it that a potential head coach understands this job, the expectations, the area of the country, the conference, etc.?

I’ve always felt Knoxville is more Appalachian than southern - we’re more like Lexington and Charlotte than Atlanta or Birmingham. Is that a factor at all?

In a potential coaching search, how much stock do you put into cultural fit? What I mean by that: how important is it that a potential head coach understands this job, the expectations, the area of the country, the conference, etc.?

I’ve always felt Knoxville is more Appalachian than southern - we’re more like Lexington and Charlotte than Atlanta or Birmingham. Is that a factor at all?
I don’t think it matters as much today as it did just 10 years ago.

Probably not tbh

Dear Coach Pruitt,

If you start Harrison Bailey remember he is a true freshman. He hasn't mastered the Encyclopedia Britannica of playbooks and he will probably make mistakes. Leave him in there. Let him learn on the job. If he throws a pick so what. We understand . We expect a true freshman to make mistakes . It is much more painful to watch a 5th year senior stare down receivers , throw into double / triple coverage , completely disregard ball security , and deflate the already tired defense from the constant three n outs.

Yours Truly,
VN

P.S. Freeze likes chicken pot pies and Michelob Ultra so make sure you stock the fridge in the office before you leave.

RekinSab?

DCJW

High Freeze fits

@Atlanta VOL

It happened back in the summer, but if there is anything you can do for a TN military family, it would be greatly appreciated. Stephen is on his own taking care of four kids and I’m sure the holidays will be rough on them. He’s a crew chief for us and a great guy.

Sallas Family Fund, organized by Daniel Backus
Is there any way you could get me their holiday wish list as well as where they are located etc? If he is a Vol fan I might also be able to put together a little something special for him and the family as well. Hit me on email with any details you have and we will make some magic happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back