Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man
Wish we could just hire Freeze as HC and move Pruitt to defense

Why? The D has regressed to #62 in Total D and #76 in scoring D with 3 good offenses to still go against. We have one LB and one CB that know how to play the game and are impact players. The rest might as well play for Vandy.

Reactions: crazyguy
Absolutely. I wouldn’t like losing those guys but you probably gain more in the long run hiring Freeze. Freeze would have the potential to win a championship here. I think he’d at least have us competing in Atlanta.
Freeze has freaking Liberty at 7-0 right now and ranked. he just beat VT. VT isn't great, but would we beat them? Doubt it. They scored 30 points! He has shown at Ole Miss that he could do more with less. Would love to see what he could do with more.

Freeze has freaking Liberty at 7-0 right now and ranked. he just beat VT. VT isn't great, but would we beat them? Doubt it. They scored 30 points! He has shown at Ole Miss that he could do more with less. Would love to see what he could do with more.
He would destroy the SEC at UT

He also wouldn’t have to cheat to get players to come to UT.

Freeze would have us competing next year
Not sure I believe that. I think he would have us beating the teams we're supposed to, but that's not competing IMO. I don't think we'd fair well against the top teams. I think Pruitt is failing, but I also think you guys are overselling how fast Freeze would have success here. He'd have to rebuild the roster, just like every previous hire.

You don’t make the move for this specific purpose, but Freeze also not only saves the class but improves it.

I just don’t think Fulmer is going to make the next hire. Unless he really wants to be the guy to save us... then he’ll can the Bammer and spend the entire budget on the new coach, then retire 😂

Not sure I believe that. I think he would have us beating the teams we're supposed to, but that's not competing IMO. I don't think we'd fair well against the top teams. I think Pruitt is failing, but I also think you guys are overselling how fast Freeze would have success here. He'd have to rebuild the roster, just like every previous hire.
Roster is way more talented than it was 3 years ago. He has a QB, he has elite talent at WR, and will have a strong OL next year. He'd have us playing really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back