Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we stop with that? Will never happen. Ever.

Now Freeze I could see. And want. Also likely won’t happen but not bc he wouldn’t come here.

Urban would never come here.
I agree would be a very very long shot but it will take someone like him to turn this sinking ship around.

It really stings if that’s true about Pruitt saying that he will just go back to Bama.

Like I said in a previous post, there is no Fire or Emotion on the sidelines. It looks like they just don’t care or wanna be here.

Maybe Pruitt is just tired and doesn’t like being a HC. Some guys stay assistants their entire coaching careers like Venables and Foster. Maybe that’s where CP belongs??

Either way, TN is in Trouble.
#Freezeme

Calling my shot here:

If/when we lose bigly to A&M I bet we get a "sudden spike" in COVID cases and they shut us down for the rest of the year to keep the embarrassment to a minimum. Then staff changes happen, positive news is leaked out from insiders and we are back on board the Pruitt train by Spring. Falls rolls around and we are back to sucking again. Meanwhile, Freeze goes to SC/AU and we are bargain hunting again.

We are volunteering to be the cuckolds of college football.

I think the loss of Rumph, Rocker and Sherrer took it‘s toll. They were all very good evaluators and developers of talent...but only one of them was really willing to beat down the path on the recruiting trail. 2 opted for the got it made in the shade lifestyle of the NFL and the other got to name his hours at USC so don’t blame them for not sticking around. Pruitt put some younger guys in those roles who would be willing to burn the midnight oil both on the recruiting side and in the office...but I think that was a bad move.

Your comparative process BORES the testosterone out of my testes. I ain’t defending Pruitt by not joining you at Stoops slurp trough. If that’s what gets you excited.
All you do is mischaracterize what people say and manifest fictional narratives to attack. Borderline delusional schizophrenic. Saying Stoops is better than Pruitt doesn’t make me a fan of Stoops. But go ahead. Continue sucking yourself off arguing points I’m not making.

Man, what an absolute bummer re: everything. It really sucks being a UT fan. No way we're going to come out of this. JP ain't it and we're just going to continue down the path of ineptitude

Holy hell y’all have really turned on Fulmer and are clamoring for Haslam money again.

I’ve seen it all.

It will be Charlie Ergen Dish money. Where's MIT Beaver when you need him?

is it wrong thath i'd settle for just not being miserable about TN football anymore? there's the utopia that is TN competing with UGA and FL....and there's the reality that we're competing with Vandy for worst in the division.

i think i'd settle for like 5 or 6 years of 7 to 9 wins consecutively.

I don't even think the fan base requires equality/supremacy with/over Florida and Georgia, just consistently beating the lower tier teams of Kentucky, SC, Vandy, Mizzou, and Arkansas of the league would be a start. I thought we had reached that point after the first two game this year, but boy was I wrong.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Freeze gets hired by another program in the offseason. We roll with Pruitt for another year. Like it or not if Pruitt has an 7 or 8 win season next year he gets another extension.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
It really stings if that’s true about Pruitt saying that he will just go back to Bama.

Like I said in a previous post, there is no Fire or Emotion on the sidelines. It looks like they just don’t care or wanna be here.

Maybe Pruitt is just tired and doesn’t like being a HC. Some guys stay assistants their entire coaching careers like Venables and Foster. Maybe that’s where CP belongs??

Either way, TN is in Trouble.
Rally the troops for Hugh or Fickell.

Reactions: Smokeytom
I think the loss of Rumph, Rocker and Sherrer took it‘s toll. They were all very good evaluators and developers of talent...but only one of them was really willing to beat down the path on the recruiting trail. 2 opted for the got it made in the shade lifestyle of the NFL and the other got to name his hours at USC so don’t blame them for not sticking around. Pruitt put some younger guys in those roles who would be willing to burn the midnight oil both on the recruiting side and in the office...but I think that was a bad move.
All that makes sense. Now what happened to the offense?

Freeze gets hired by another program in the offseason. We roll with Pruitt for another year. Like it or not if Pruitt has an 7 or 8 win season next year he gets another extension.

Anything short of a SECCG next year and Fulmer should be dismissed outright for incompetence if Pruitt gets any extension or raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back