Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t be worried about recruiting with Freeze. He’s good at that and UT is not difficult to recruit. You just have to be willing to put in more work and travel. What Freeze can do is coach and that’s something we have lacked for over a decade with Dooley, Butch, and now Pruitt. What this program has missed is a talent developer and a game planner.

Yeah, I have no worries about him as a recruiter and if you're a great game schemer, play caller, and developer of talent then your recruiting doesn't have to be top 5 level. I think it could be a combo of all 3. Basically, what I thought and hoped Pruitt would be on the defensive side.

Why can’t we do it this offseason? Budget? PF? Administration?

Your guess is as good as mine. I haven’t been around the team much this year cause of all the restrictions so I don’t have much info.

Seems everyone of y’all and us wants the VOLS to be back like it was ‘91 going forward. Build year by year and then.... BOOM unleash the dogs!!

But it seems like every year we get worse and worse with little glimmers of hope to chew on.

What a complete joke of a team we are.

Tennessee ain’t never going to be worth a **** in football ever again. Must be written in the stars.

So glad I didn’t waste time on this team this weekend.

This team has talent. The Oline could be GREAT, the Dline shows flashes and the Offense has playmakers......but.

No player progression and if there is it’s a 1/4 of what it should be. No creative play calling, very very vanilla so it’s not hard to scheme defensively against us.

Absolutely no fire, rah rah or any emotions on the sideline. Not one player stepping up emotionally

Now, from what I know about UT football and most of y’all do as well....., Pruitt has another year minimum. They’ll chalk this year up to Covid and a few changes may be made during the off season but in my opinion, CP will be back at least one more year.

It’s hard watching the Vols, and has been hard for 10+ years now and that’s just unacceptable. I don’t know how you fix it, it’s like we are in quick sand and just get deeper and deeper. At some point you gotta go all in and spend big BUCKS on a PROVEN Coach. I’m talking about a TXam type of offer to a PROVEN head coach and give him complete control.

Just my opinion.
It’s an easy fix. Hire a proven winner like high freeze. We’ve hired 4 bums in a row.

Your guess is as good as mine. I haven’t been around the team much this year cause of all the restrictions so I don’t have much info.

Seems everyone of y’all and us wants the VOLS to be back like it was ‘91 going forward. Build year by year and then.... BOOM unleash the dogs!!

But it seems like every year we get worse and worse with little glimmers of hope to chew on.
Get what you pay for. Go hire a proven winner and watch the results.

This team has talent. The Oline could be GREAT, the Dline shows flashes and the Offense has playmakers......but.

No player progression and if there is it’s a 1/4 of what it should be. No creative play calling, very very vanilla so it’s not hard to scheme defensively against us.

Absolutely no fire, rah rah or any emotions on the sideline. Not one player stepping up emotionally

Now, from what I know about UT football and most of y’all do as well....., Pruitt has another year minimum. They’ll chalk this year up to Covid and a few changes may be made during the off season but in my opinion, CP will be back at least one more year.

It’s hard watching the Vols, and has been hard for 10+ years now and that’s just unacceptable. I don’t know how you fix it, it’s like we are in quick sand and just get deeper and deeper. At some point you gotta go all in and spend big BUCKS on a PROVEN Coach. I’m talking about a TXam type of offer to a PROVEN head coach and give him complete control.

Just my opinion.
UT does not want to give complete control to a football coach

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Just for fair balance:

Checked D Brooks Twitter. He’s “liked” a few FL tweets in the last day or so. Jeremiah Williams tweeted him “it’s not too late 🐊” and he liked it.

Could mean diddly squat. Just sharing bc I was bored and looked.
Saw that too. Only reason to keep Pruitt is because of recruits like him. If they dip then we must make changes with the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back