Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man has spoken!šŸ‘€

I have spoken to staff memeber and I don't care whats said in the media I know the truth. Coach speak is stupid to me but I guess guys don't want to speak against the boss or that's understood that it doesn't happen, which I like Lmao. They know we have no chance with JG, and as a good staff does you just kp the bs in house. One day the fans will rip out the paper sacks and Boos though and its gonna hurt them really bad on TV and recruiting. So like I told a coach yesterday whats the difference between the same mistake occurring from a true/ rs freshman and a 5th yr senior, NOT a damn thang so play the younger guys and gv them a chance to find a rhythm or groove. This is why I loved Spurrier. The best qb played if he couldn't get it done nexxxxxxxt.

My son ended his middle school career this week with a county championship and county offensive player of the year. They had one loss in the Reg season, but redeemed theirselves vs that team to win county. He suffered a broken ankle last year, and worked hard to come back this year bigger and stronger. He had over 150 yards rushing the other night!!
Very proud of him and his teammates!!

Attachments

• F350C17A-2A4B-48DD-B869-3B865BC39F5F.jpeg
    F350C17A-2A4B-48DD-B869-3B865BC39F5F.jpeg
    467.5 KB · Views: 47
Something I was thinking about is our kick return has been pretty bad this year. Normally younger guys play special teams and if they shine on special teams it is a good sign. It doesn't seem like many young guys have stepped up in special team roles.

My son ended his middle school career this week with a county championship and county offensive player of the year. They had one loss in the Reg season, but redeemed theirselves vs that team to win county. He suffered a broken ankle last year, and worked hard to come back this year bigger and stronger. He had over 150 yards rushing the other night!!
Very proud of him and his teammates!!
Ya boy has been watching Derrick Henry huh? Mean stiff arm

I have been saying some offensive coaches have wanted to move on and been blasted.... this is a Pruitt decision.
that's not exactly the context that was posted in tho. siap, the may not like that JG keeps getting in and want to move to a younger guy, but i bet they all understand why they're doing it. and the point was, even with the disagreement, they're keeping that in house and not going to make it a public thing. which at least means there's some unity over there.............

i don't agree with my boss all the time, and there's been a few times that had we done what i suggested, things would have probably been better than they turned out....but my boss always gave me the opportunity to speak my mind, but ultimately, he's the one that gets to make the decision. doesn't mean there's a need or want to to fo on full on muntiny.
the reasons for keeping JG in there are the same as they have been for the past two years. and not enough has changed behind him to sway them a different way.

a lot of us disagree with that, but it's not like we are being told "because i said so".........lol.

I guess I donā€™t understand the reason for keeping JG in.

What is it?
he's still, apparently, the best at being able to manage the offense...get everyone lined up, get in and out of plays at the line, call protections, etc, etc, etc....basically the adminstrative responsbilities of the position....that this staff holds in high regard.

they've been saying it for going on 2 years now....not saying anyone has to agree with it. but the've consistently talked about those things when pressed about JG....and that's what they're saying is giving them the best chance to win....not because he's some kind of great performer. lol.....

I guess I donā€™t understand the reason for keeping JG in.

What is it?

Nobody knows. Makes sense if you are gonna make mistakes, let a younger guy make them and move along and get him experience.

We gotta move on from JG. We are teetering on just mailing in the season if he continues to play.

Itā€™s quite noticeable that the team is NOT behind JG.

Nobody knows. Makes sense if you are gonna make mistakes, let a younger guy make them and move along and get him experience.

We gotta move on from JG. We are teetering on just mailing in the season if he continues to play.

Itā€™s quite noticeable that the team is NOT behind JG.
and that's my biggest concern. everybody knows what they're getting with JG....and i don't think we have the player leadership yet in the lockerroom to overcome that if the team bails on JG.

Ya boy has been watching Derrick Henry huh? Mean stiff arm
Funny thing about that particular stiff arm, heā€™s been working on getting the ball in his left hand running to that side, and itā€™s been a hard habit for him to break, and now he sees first hand why weā€™ve been needing him to do it!! Lol

Reactions: Volsdeep4
At the beginning of the season I was on board with playing the QB that gives us the best chance to win now and understood that it was JG, warts and all. Halfway through now, and no longer able to compete for a championship, thereā€™s more value in identifying and playing the heir apparent, presumably HB, even if heā€™s not quite ready. Five games of PT, mostly against quality opponents, would go a long way toward being able to compete right out of the gate next year.

And a bye week is the perfect opportunity to get the new guy installed, just like the Dolphins are doing with Tua. And they pulled a guy whoā€™s actually been playing well.

Iā€™m sure this has been said already, and probably said better, but Iā€™ve been averting my eyes from JG discussion like itā€™s granny in a thong.

Funny thing about that particular stiff arm, heā€™s been working on getting the ball in his left hand running to that side, and itā€™s been a hard habit for him to break, and now he sees first hand why weā€™ve been needing him to do it!! Lol
Love it when that happens. It just clicks and it all makes sense.

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
There are a couple of reasons not to have already moved on from JG

1. One personā€™s ā€œexperienceā€ might be another personā€™s damage (see David Carr). Not all experience is created equal.

Plus, do you want the fan base to turn on a new QB who struggled against the 3 best defenses in the conference (and top 15 in the country)? And donā€™t say we wouldnā€™t because we sure as hell would....itā€™s what we do haha

2. JG probably does run the offense and do the best job of getting the team in the right play.

3. It could get worse (see JT Shrout and Nathan Peterman).

I think the plan all along was to get to the bye week to see where things were and move forward from there. We will see.

Something I was thinking about is our kick return has been pretty bad this year. Normally younger guys play special teams and if they shine on special teams it is a good sign. It doesn't seem like many young guys have stepped up in special team roles.
Everyone simply fields it and takes it at the 25. Itā€™s NCAA enabled.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back