Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you absolutely have to give him time here cause coaching change would destroy us. I just don’t know how Pruitt didn’t get a backup QB in that game earlier when all he’s done is y’all about how much time they’ve missed.

Agreed. It is what it is. Gotta play the stability game.

Crouch has not improved IMO. He's not suited to be an ILB. We need someone solid to step up and play next to Toot. The lack of a complement hurts Toot's play.

Didn’t say he was good. But he is definitely better. Making far more plays if a bit downfield.

I just watched the replay of the Indiana 2 point conversion, and I am shocked they called that good. The nose of the ball clearly hits white out of bounds before the pile on.
Doesn't it just have to break the plane though? If "the plane" is the very beginning of the paint, it was absurdly close but I think the tip was over the plane before hitting the ground...or at least not indisputable evidence otherwise. It was definitely down to centimeters.

Reactions: Batman1948
If we had a competent qb, we could run an offense similar to San Fran. I still think we have the ability to have a downhill, smashmouth run game, but we are just so damned handicapped with our 5th year qb. I still can't get over this.

Absolutely agree. This is the type of offense I wish we did run. Use of a FB and TEs, seems like we used to run this type of offense. Ahhh yes, the good ole days lol

Just came across a channel called Eleven Sports. Shows up on ELVN on AT&T.

They are literally showing a simulated football league. People set playbooks and play scripts and let them play out. Can't believe this is a real thing on tv lol

If we had a competent qb, we could run an offense similar to San Fran. I still think we have the ability to have a downhill, smashmouth run game, but we are just so damned handicapped with our 5th year qb. I still can't get over this.
Playing that way doesn't have as much to do with QBs (at least less so than others) - they are running a bunch of 12 and especially 21 personnel. That would actually require a FB and mutiple good TEs.

Even if we wanted to, we don't have those.

Last edited:
Doesn't it just have to break the plane though? If "the plane" is the very beginning of the paint, it was absurdly close but I think the tip was over the plane before hitting the ground...or at least not indisputable evidence otherwise. It was definitely down to centimeters.

Yea, it was really close. But the pile-on is considered the plane on the corner. He has the football in his hand at an angle, and he hits white before the pile-on. Maybe the tip of the ball was inside the pile-on. Probably a play that can’t be overturned either way if it was called no good.

Reactions: Devo182
-I think Caldwell should be promoted to on field DL coach and i would rather Pruitt spend more time with the LBs and try to find a pass rush.

-Name Maurer at QB Monday and give him 2 weeks and let tee help Chaney install a game plan like we had last year with Maurer. More rpos, some options, force the ball to velus Jones underneath and out of the back field even.

- pick 1 OL combination and stick with it for 2 weeks.

- move crouch back to edge and roll with Henry t and banks since were in nickel 90% of the time.
These are all things Pruitt would do if he were a good head coach...he won’t do a single thing on this list. We will trot 2 out on the field and get slaughtered by Arky. He’s a dead man walking because he’s a hard headed SOB. It’s a damn shame because I like the guy and think he’s a great fit but his arrogance and stubbornness are going to be his demise

Yea, it was really close. But the pile-on is considered the plane on the corner. He has the football in his hand at an angle, and he hits white before the pile-on. Maybe the tip of the ball was inside the pile-on. Probably a play that can’t be overturned either way if it was called no good.
"Pile-on" has to right up there with pocket presents. :)

Maurer needs some scripted drives, but you can’t build an offense around him. Just hate our bland our offense is.
Have the staff really hidden Maurer all offseason as the true QB2? If so, I think he would have came in vs UK instead of Shrout. Word from both sites in just the last week is he is far from playing during legitimate game time.

I'm thinking Shrout and HB are still the next options. Sounded a lot like all preseason Shrout was easily QB2. Of course things are fluid, but it felt like he only came in vs Bama just because he hasn't played yet and it was garbage time anyway.

One positive though was Hyatt. The kid should have had 2 TDs. He will be so good. I hope we utilize him more going forward. We have a way to go to build our roster to be where we want to be. Our DBs don’t even know what an interception is. They could have had 3 yesterday. Our pass rush is atrocious.
I wouldn't mind seeing the younger speedier receivers get more snaps coming out of the bye week.

What happened to our jumbo package? It has disappeared.

The lack of a TE is limiting our offense. Fant has had a few receptions, but none existent most games.

Not having a QB ready to take JG spot is troubling.

Defense is not good. No pass rush. Can’t tackle if they get there. I don’t see any positive position group on that side of the ball.

The most positive position groups to me are running back, wide receiver & OL in that order, but still need improvements.

Last edited:
Maurer needs some scripted drives, but you can’t build an offense around him. Just hate our bland our offense is.

How can you not build around him?..anytime another qb comes in they completely shut the playbook down.it’s obvious favoritism towards JG for some reason and it shows.Brian Maurers legs alone make him better than JG.I have no doubts that if Brian Maurer and JT Shrout received the same “short leash “ JG has you would definitely see a different offense with a different energy in wanting to actually play.

One positive though was Hyatt. The kid should have had 2 TDs. He will be so good. I hope we utilize him more going forward. We have a way to go to build our roster to be where we want to be. Our DBs don’t even know what an interception is. They could have had 3 yesterday. Our pass rush is atrocious.

He will only be good if we have a QB who will throw down field and a OC who actually opens up the playbook to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back