Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stayed away during / after the game.
Yesterday did not surprise me. The two biggest disappointments

1. We didn’t turn the ball over a ton, but still got whipped. Our roster and psyche are still miles from elite.

2. We have an elite DC as head coach, and our defense didn’t put up a fight yesterday. Some of this can be attributed to our defensive personnel taking a step back. We all knew we would miss DT, DB, & NW but I think we were all hopeful someone on the roster would step up.

On Pruitt...

It’s annoying to say, and most may not want to hear it right now, but we have to lock in with him. If for nothing else, the fact that we have seen what constant change has done to our roster. I would rather roll the dice with Pruitt for 6+ years, and see if he can figure it out / stabilize the roster, than go through another coaching change which depleted the roster. Basically, I would like to try a different approach than the slash and burn we have done for a decade plus.

I am 42. I cut my fan teeth during the “Decade of Dominance”. I plan on being a Vol fan for another 30+ years, Lord willing. I can be patient for a few years to let Pruitt see it all the way through. I know what firing coaches does to our roster. I’ve seen how elusive the big name hire is for our program.

Buckle in folks. Let’s ride this one out.

I think it’s fairly simple. Start JG and if the OL is protecting and JG gets off to a comfortable start and plays like Yesterday it’s his game and we win

If we can’t protect and JG has any struggles get the front runner out and go to plan B which maybe is Maurer
Bama was playing a very very safe defense. They didn’t try much of anything. I’m not taking anything away from JG but i think bama played that game very conservative.

I think it’s fairly simple. Start JG and if the OL is protecting and JG gets off to a comfortable start and plays like Yesterday it’s his game and we win

If we can’t protect and JG has any struggles get the front runner out and go to plan B which maybe is Maurer

Battered wife syndrome. It’s time to call the cops. On JG. He has to go.

I don’t remember the circumstances of the Martinez decommitment but I do remember CJP and others went to California and sat down with his family. There was an article about it - probably could be found in the Martinez thread.

Family didn’t like Pruitts brutal honest approach and the family had fallen in love with what Frost was selling.

Frost had UCF QBs putting up ridiculous numbers and was telling Martinez he’d start as a freshman.

I want to say the Howell thing was Helton didn’t like him but I could be wrong.
People always seem to bring up what a heroic inconvenience it is to go to California to recruit someone. Airplanes are pretty fast and travel to there is actually very nice

Bama was playing a very very safe defense. They didn’t try much of anything. I’m not taking anything away from JG but i think bama played that game very conservative.

They did. They let their d-back play man a lot without help and underestimated Palmer/Hyatt. Other than that it was a scrimmage to them as they prepared for more important upcoming games.

This quote reminds me of what Phil used to do. Didn’t like it then either. Used to be with Pruitt all you would hear is earn it in practice and competition. Now is it if your older?
Majors was the same way. He would play an “experienced” player over one with more physical tools. Guess Phil learned it from him and has passed it on to CJP.

Reactions: JacketVol
I'm just saying, unlike the fanbase, recruits can look at yesterday's game with the perspective that the Bama machine is just on another level right now. We weren't expected to win, so it's no surprise we lost. But when you look at the KY game where we got our ass handed to us, well, that's concerning.
That game, nor the previous two weeks, show progress. And that will be the message err'body we recruit against will use.

Reactions: RiotVol
What everyone should be pissed off about is the absolutely terrible usage of Jalen Hyatt. He should of been running go routes all year long and our OC just found that out 5 games into the season.
I don’t think this is Chaneys offense. He is doing what Pruitt wants. This offense looks exactly the same as Heltons.

I just watched the replay of the Indiana 2 point conversion, and I am shocked they called that good. The nose of the ball clearly hits white out of bounds before the pile on.

Crazy that I saw a few sports books refunded money to the loser on the bet due to the bad call. Wild

Reactions: VolGee4
They would ask for further buy in from donors and try to float the bill. Luckily, Pruitt would go right back to Bama as DC, which would help the buyout. Although, knowing Bama, they would pay him $100,000 to screw us. But I don’t think anyone would give buy in unless we had our guy already on the line and it was a proven winner. I am not sure how you keep a coach if he only wins two games this year.

I am telling you that Bama fans are waiting for it. They would love to get Pruitt back to improve that defense.

The losing 2 games part is a bit premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back