Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost to KY in Neyland Stadium for the first time since !984. I think that's more serious than you're giving it credit for.
History is just that. They've won 18 games the last 2 years. Let's not act like we lost to an FCS team or something because of things that happened decades ago. Not excusing it by any any means, but context is relevant.

I am sick of trying to get you guys to have something good to say ...this is like a bad dream that never ends.

Go ahead and shred it, everybody have fun tearing down the progress in this program that has been made the last two years...

Adios..
PLenty of good things were said after the first two wins this season. Not much good to say after these last two losses. ESpecially the KY game. Not like we can console ourselves that it was the #3 team. It was KY.

History is just that. They've won 18 games the last 2 years. Let's not act like we lost to an FCS team or something because of things that happened decades ago. Not excusing it by any any means, but context is relevant.
Context is, it was Kentucky.

We aren't playing for anything now. There is no shot we win the east, and we're getting a bowl game no matter what. We'll be a better team in 2021 if we get the young guys experience in a meaningless 2020 season. Bailey will be better for 2021 if he plays in 2020. Youth movement. Do it.
If this was the NFL, I would fully agree. There you can accept short-term losses and actually GAIN from it. But we can't in college, we will just end up with less talent from losing right now, likely.

When I was at UT, it was a given that you didn't lose to Vanderbilt and you didn't lose to Kentucky(in football). That was the Tennessee way. Where is that Tennessee pride now? People want to excuse the loss, and honestly, I can't. Doesn't mean I'm screaming "Fire Pruitt!", but hell yeah, I find the loss unacceptable. I expect better, and I'm not going to sugarcoat the loss. It was a bad loss, and it shouldn't have happened.

I am sick of trying to get you guys to have something good to say ...this is like a bad dream that never ends.

Go ahead and shred it, everybody have fun tearing down the progress in this program that has been made the last two years...

Adios..
It's all right, I still think UT has the right coach to turn this thing around. With that being said, his loyalty to JG should be commended, but it's time to make a change at QB. .....…....and if that doesn't work, JG has shown a knack of playing well, off the bench. It's time to go young and build for the future. The tricky part is build for the future and still win at least, 5 games, which Pruitt really needs to accomplish, imo. 5 wins and UT probably stays in the top 10, in recruiting and u didn't really take a step back, considering the all SEC schedule. Of course, 6 wins would be even better

It's all right, I still think UT has the right coach to turn this thing around. With that being said, his loyalty to JG should be commended, but it's time to make a change at QB. .....…....and if that doesn't work, JG has shown a knack of playing well, off the bench. It's time to go young and build for the future. The tricky part is build for the future and still win at least, 5 games, which Pruitt really needs to accomplish, imo. 5 wins and UT probably stays in the top 10, in recruiting and u didn't really take a step back, considering the all SEC schedule. Of course, 6 wins would be even better
I can agree to every point but commending Pruitt for his loyalty to JG. Team before any individual player.

Reactions: The Dog
We lost to KY in Neyland Stadium for the first time since !984. I think that's more serious than you're giving it credit for.

Meh.... that’s shocking at first glance but tbh it’s kind of meaningless

Kentucky under stoops isn’t typical Kentucky. They won ten games 2 years ago - which is something we haven’t done since 2007. And they won just as many games last year as we did. Also just ended a long drought vs UF as well recently so it isn’t so much an indictment of how horrid we are, more so indicative as to how they have a good coach now, the administration is putting more emphasis on the football program now, and theY aren’t the laughing stock of the East like years past.

All streaks come to an end.

Adios..
McGill, maybe it’s time to post one of your beautiful pictures from your trip. It sure would help us all. One of the things I appreciate about you and Jacket, is that you both post exactly what you think at any given moment. We’re all just so d*mn sick after the last two weeks and we voice it in different ways, again, would love to see another one of your photos 🙂.

I hate linking these because they don't cooperate half the time, but basically Bailey didn't go past the first read and took the shot 1 on 1. JG didn't go far enough and didn't take his third read. Difference was Widemans guy was on him in press so he was able to make the throw. The guy on Palmer wasn't in press so the throw wasn't there.

When I was at UT, it was a given that you didn't lose to Vanderbilt and you didn't lose to Kentucky(in football). That was the Tennessee way. Where is that Tennessee pride now? People want to excuse the loss, and honestly, I can't. Doesn't mean I'm screaming "Fire Pruitt!", but hell yeah, I find the loss unacceptable. I expect better, and I'm not going to sugarcoat the loss. It was a bad loss, and it shouldn't have happened.

We recently had a book written about us called Decade of Dysfunction. We’re not the Tennessee of old. We’ve recently had UMass take us to the wire. Barely bear Charlotte. Lost to Georgia State. Got housed by Vanderbilt.

Swallow your pride and realize we’re not elite. We’re more similar to Nebraska, Michigan, Texas, and Miami right now and all of them are struggling now, compared to dominating In years past when I was growing up. Trying to get back there. I feel good about our chances - but we’re not close to there yet. So temper your enthusiasm. Or don’t, and set yourself for boundless angst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back