Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
After we handled Mizzou I breathed a sigh of relief. "Okay," I thought, "we're out of the cellar. We've shown it." Two games later and everything is on fire. It's way too easy to fall apart.
Felt that way right up until JG melted down in the second half of the UGA game. Honestly thought we had turned a corner.

So, he's failed at every attempt to try and find a QB? Not sure how that makes him look better.....

Seriously, we need to can Weinke. I'm with Bass on this one. No excuse that we don't have any back up QBs ready to see the field. That should have been high priority.

And Friend isn't doing very good at coaching our tackles to pass protect either. Friend and Weinke should both have been gone well before Brumbaugh, but apparently Pruitt values his friendships over success.

2034EF37-1340-4DE3-9C7B-3118D83D8409.gif

The post I responded to said he failed to take a transfer QB.

No, he didn’t. He took two and tried for at least one more than we know about.

And my goodness are you jumping to conclusions. Lol you have no idea why Brumbaugh was fired. None of us do. It’s just all speculation.

Just tired of getting on social media and seeing recruits have to confirm their commitment status in year 3. It's a never ending cycle at this point.

Um, they have to do that bc “vol fans” on twitter blow them up immediately after anything happens.

They don’t just log on and reaffirm commitments for fun

I wouldn’t put a ton of stock in the SI article btw. He posts here I believe and could just be fishing for clicks and not really basing it off any real info.
He was credible before he got something behind him. He doesn’t float out unsubstantiated rumors. Ubben posts on here (at least he used to) and that was after his the Athletic hire.

I’m just tired of complaining about JG honestly. Give the dude a break. He’s not a good qb. Pruitt and his coaches make millions on millions and have had 3 recruiting classes to find a better QB and can’t do it. Thats the moral of the story.

My comment was directed at the coaches' handling of JG, not JG. The player is doing what he is capable of doing, no more and no less. Hard for the coach to preach so much accountability to everyone else when it is obvious to everyone on the globe he isn't treating some coaches and at least one player the same way. That will only result in division and poor performance by all.

Realistically if we actually hire someone to replace Brumbaugh then we are hiring from a pool of DL coaches that are either fixing to be fired or let go due to different reasons or are already free and were not coaching this year (bargain bin).

Each and every one of you need to chill the eff out. I’m just as upset as you are but y’all gotta stop this ganging up on me because I was making a joke to lighten the mood. Dose up on your Midol and wipe your eyes, Nancies
dude. we get the tough guy motive.

I used to be brash back in day, something about being married nixed that, lol. You're a good dude. Well intentioned, I think.

Not sure I agree with the method of implied gender changes, or, making light of a menstrual cycle. There may be other ways to get your point across, brocephus?

TN football is going to be fine. To defend Gojira, why attack one another, especially the positive posters?

View attachment 315825

The post I responded to said he failed to take a transfer QB.

No, he didn’t. He took two and tried for at least one more than we know about.

And my goodness are you jumping to conclusions. Lol you have no idea why Brumbaugh was fired. None of us do. It’s just all speculation.
Yeah, we're all speculating because this is a message board and that's what we do. What I know is that DL was far from our weakest, most disappointing unit.

Back to QBs, how many QBs have we taken since Pruitt's been here, and how many have succeeded? I like Pruitt, but if you don't see it as alarming that we can't find a serviceable QB in that time frame, I don't know what to say. Has he tried to address it? Sure, but he's not succeeded. I see that as both a problem and something to be very alarmed about. I also think it says something about our QB coach.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
So, he's failed at every attempt to try and find a QB? Not sure how that makes him look better.....

Seriously, we need to can Weinke. I'm with Bass on this one. No excuse that we don't have any back up QBs ready to see the field. That should have been high priority.

And Friend isn't doing very good at coaching our tackles to pass protect either. Friend and Weinke should both have been gone well before Brumbaugh, but apparently Pruitt values his friendships over success.
Maybe he has several QBs and is just too devoted to one? That’s it’s own failure, but different than what you pointed out. If last week didn’t jar him out of his stubbornness then I’ll start subscribing to his critics. I personally believe this is scorched Earth time and Brumbaugh won’t be the sole banishment this week.

Preach it, brother! Say it for those in the back!
I include myself in that, but the difference with me is that as I add context I generally calm down.

For us to get better and healthier as a program, we absolutely need to avoid turning poisonous and becoming a negative cancer. Doing that will not help make it better.

When Pruitt was hired, All I really wanted from him was to restabilize the program that had fallen into Hell. I mean even if he never wins a championship....just be Johnny Majors and get us close.

He is well on his way to doing that, and If you can't see that, then you are just being a negavol butthead...period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back