Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players know JG is limited. They know he does not recover from setbacks against good teams. They play hard until it turns south and then go into survival mode until it's over. The only person selling JG is Jeremy. Everybody else knows better. He's only fooling himself with his BS.

The recruiting class is coming in to play with HB, not JG. Give them some hope. Show them he has great talent with upside and it will stay together. Then make the coaching changes you need to make. But it will mean nothing if Jeremy will not get out of his own way. He's screwing it up in a different way, but screwing it up just like Dools and Botch did.

Oh!...the players are giving their opinion on the matter?...Juicy😁

1603027350011.gif

I feel ya. I’m debating not watching us play live anymore. I am on pins and needles during the game and am usually short with my wife and daughter during that time. Just sets me up for being in a bad mood and taking it out on the wrong people. I think I need to start recording them and checking final score. If we win, watch it...lose and delete it.
Same. We had a memorial for my mom yesterday so I couldn’t watch the game. It was a good time and I was in a pretty good mood seeing everyone. I felt my mood change when I checked the score on my phone. I may start recording and not even check the score until the game is over.

So was UGA's defense really legit or was JG's "Tell" the reason they were able to pin their ears back ?

The announcer's mentioned several times about him moving his hands a certain way letting the defense know the snap was imminent.

Shocked when I heard that. And, if this is truly the case, why hadn’t our coaches fixed that already??

To be honest, I’m still pretty high on this team. We aren’t as bad as we looked yesterday. That was a team that was truly deflated. If we can get good/consistent QB play then we’ll be fine
I agree actually man
Take away the free points we gave U.K. and it’s not as bad as the score shows it is. We need a new qb with better play calling

If Jeremy can get over himself, HB starts in practice today. He then starts the rest of the season with JG as back-up. The recruits need to see their QB and leader take over to build confidence in the program. In addition, this team needs HB at QB to play hard again. Otherwise we are looking at 3 or 4 win season with quality recruits going elsewhere.

The players know and we know. Can't hide it anymore.

The more snaps for Bailey, the better.

Reactions: JacketVol
Same. We had a memorial for my mom yesterday so I couldn’t watch the game. It was a good time and I was in a pretty good mood seeing everyone. I felt my mood change when I checked the score on my phone. I may start recording and not even check the score until the game is over.
I was at my wife's grandmother's lakehouse trying to clean up so it can sell. She passed a few weeks ago. We took a break for lunch and I didn't look at the TV at the restaurant once. My wife thought I was sick but we were all telling stories about her gma and I found that more worthy. Perhaps past apathy has already surfaced.

How on earth does he not feel or see this guy coming at him from his peripheral? He is one of the only QBs I have seen that can’t feel these things coming and just gets obliterated.

I was screaming on that play. All he had to do was climb up in the pocket to the right and he had either a clear passing lane or could have run for an easy chunk gain.

Three thoughts on yesterday:

1. What Mark Stoops has done at Kentucky is pretty remarkable. He should be a candidate for a top tier job in the future. Kentucky whipped our butts yesterday.

2. Next week must be JT Shrout’s opportunity and audition for the full time job. He needs to get first team reps all week and let it be his game. If he doesn’t look like the answer next week, then Harrison Bailey should get two weeks of first team reps and start the Arkansas game. It may not be completely fair to give JT a one game audition with it being against Bama - but this is his third year in the program. He either needs to swim or sink.

3. Pruitt needs to be (and I think is) evaluating whether Chaney is his guy at OC going into next season. Jury still out.

What we saw yesterday is a clear message that a major shakeup in offensive chemistry is past due.
JT threw a duck that was promptly picked. Pruitt does not have the luxury to change OC again. He needs to give the OC the players that he needs to win. I doubt Chaney thinks that JG is the best that we have right now. Because JG can't read coverages, or make the right throw. In his fifth year, he should know these things. The 1st pick six, he was determined to go to that receiver, despite the coverage. The fumble, he did not communicate the play change. This is 1st and 2nd year mistakes.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Josh Dobbs is the only reason this program isn’t completely dead for the past decade. He gave us excitement and a pulse on offense.

Yes, Bray could sling it but it didn’t matter because we still sucked. He was also a bit of a choke artist in meaningful games.

Dooley was awful, Butch was awful but propped up by Dobbs, and Pruitt is less awful than them but keeps playing one of the worst QBs we’ve ever had, so he has become awful too and it all blends together into a decade of misery...with the only true bright spot being Dobbs.

Unfortunately @Bassmaster_Vol we will never know!...players like Hyatt and palmer are being wasted by a big east caliber player who only throws 10 yards.
yikes, that hurts.

was thinking about this exact scenario last night while listening to Rucker.

where else in the 116 Div 1 schools would this dude play? BYU? Houston? FAU? Hell no.

JT threw a duck that was promptly picked. Pruitt does not have the luxury to change OC again. He needs to give the OC the players that he needs to win. I doubt Chaney thinks that JG is the best that we have right now. Because JG can't read coverages, or make the right throw. In his fifth year, he should know these things. The 1st pick six, he was determined to go to that receiver, despite the coverage. The fumble, he did not communicate the play change. This is 1st and 2nd year mistakes.
Oline play and qb play are killing us. Coverage in center of field is weak also.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back