Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope for JG’s sake he has a great game. He’s paid his dues physically and mentally for the Big Orange and he deserves a statement win. Georgia will put the game on his shoulders with a loaded box and press man coverage. He’ll have to make some great throws which he’s proven this year he can do. GBO
I would love nothing more to see JG carve up this Georgia defense. Make no mistake about it, this game falls on him

You wanna know what’s Hot? Bear Spray.

I inhaled some of that the other day. That was fun.

Seriously though, it wasn’t, that stuff will burn you up...
I wouldn’t recommend bear spray as your first experience with whippets. I’m sure that wasn’t as much fun as you thought.

I know what you're saying and I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with him. The exchange seemed to start out with just an opinion and escalated quickly with both sides being a bit prickly..

That said, I'll beg everyone's pardon and remove myself from the conversation...

Peace and GO VOLS
Peace to you

In so afraid of our fans prematurely declaring that and becoming a mockery. Felt like that after DOBBS beat Georgia, and then...

Could be Day 1 today 😁

In retrospect I think the problem in 2015 with the close losses and especially the losing the leads late had more to do with the fact that we had a mostly freshmen and sophomore football team (2014 & 15 recruiting classes) than it did with coaching. Coaching didn’t help much but the fact is we were a young football team and yet to this point that 2015 team has been the best team we’ve put on the field in a decade. jmo.

When fan sentiment cratered with the close losses in 2015 the prior staff I think sort of went into a defensive mode. In the process team discipline was lost. We actually finished 2015 on a high note and instead of working hard to improve for 2016 we coasted toward the new season. It showed up with Sutton having difficulty handling the first punt of the first game (against App State). The team was in disarray in a number of areas which would later be revealed and that would rightly fall on the staff. jmo.

Pruitt had a real test at the beginning of last year, especially with the loss to Georgia State. Starting out at 1-4 was a pretty big hole. In retrospect I think he demonstrated that he knows what he is doing as a football coach, or at least he is capable of learning and is definitely capable of handling adversity. jmo.

Pruitt has a 9-9 SEC record as of last night. We’re 0-6 against Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. We’re 2-0 against Kentucky, 2-1 against Missouri and South Carolina, and 1-1 against Vanderbilt. We’re 2-0 against teams of the west not named Alabama. We should be favored against Kentucky and Vanderbilt again this year. We may be favored against Auburn and Texas A&M this year. As of this moment we are not expected to be favored against Alabama, Georgia, or Florida. Last year at home against Georgia we were a 24 point underdog; this year on the road, the line right now is 12.5 in Georgia’s favor. That’s where we are generally speaking. If we win today it’s an upset to almost everyone who follows college football. jmo.

I think we have a few advantages today but we also have some disadvantages. We’re still a young football team (2019 & 20 recruiting classes) with much of our strength residing in the freshmen and sophomore classes and with the developmental progress of the freshmen class hampered by the impact of the virus (hence the Sunday night scrimmage). Mistakes will be made. It is almost impossible for any man or group of men to go into the arena and never make mistakes but one of the primary strengths of this team is their togetherness. Football is a team sport and the better "team" can often prevail over the more talented roster as we've unfortunately learned firsthand in the past. Whether we win or lose today I have confidence that Pruitt will keep this team together, something we’ve not always excelled at in the past as we’re tried to climb that hill that stands between us and “being back.” jmo.

#StayTogether

I had reserve duty that day and we had an Under Secretary of the Navy (the equivalent of a 3 star admiral) and his staff visiting our unit that weekend. Our unit's mission and organizational structure had just been changed and he had become our boss so he was visiting to meet everyone. We had an outdoor reception at our lakehouse for the Secretary and our skipper (a Bama fan) got mad because everyone kept sneaking up to the house to check on the game. As host I didn't get to see a single minute of the game. That one hurt but not as bad as having to give away my tix to the Miracle in South Bend because I had to spend a weekend at one of those "inside the mountain" emergency command centers.
I partied way too hard the night before and woke up with a massive hangover..felt like pureed crap right up to the point Shuler scored that last TD...then I was miraculously cured.

We didn’t go to Athens - too much rain in Athens and then too much wind for the drive home in the RV.
edited to add - I really wanted to be there but here is good. GO VOLS
This is now:
View attachment 312981
Let me know if y’all are looking to adopt any full grown adults for any of your travels.

I would love nothing more to see JG carve up this Georgia defense. Make no mistake about it, this game falls on him

I really like the he pose we’ve seen out of JG this year. Seems like he’s mentally galvanized himself to outside noise. I agree with you, it’s a statement game for JG. We’re either gonna remember him as a Kellen Mond type player, or a Jason Campbell type player. Fingers crossed it’s Jason Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back