Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paper_Towel's post was referencing a USCjr poster:
View attachment 308419

Damn. You ain't letting this go, so....once...again...when...I...posted...I...thought...he...was...referring...to...the...2019...UK...game,...hence...the...reason...I...referred...to...UK...game...stats.

But to the cock fan, I wouldn't put too much into that. Our OL was much better in pass protection than pushing downfield last season. If that doesn't change this season then again it could be a problem, but with another offseason of S&C and development, and the addition of Cade (fingers crossed), I expect that to change

The SEC broke the agreed upon rules (at that time) for Mo Smith. Time to do it again.

Teams need every player they can get just to hope each game can be played this year. Denying players increases the chance this season falls apart, surely Greg can see. Then you have mental health issues during a pandemic, then being told you just wasted a year for nothing. Just make an exception for this one year for anyone passed by the ncaa.

I think it’s extremely likely they didn’t “break the rule” but Sankey was told by the ADs the rule was being changed.

one issue I see is the SEC I am sure is expecting open free agency to hit college athletics next year and I bet they don’t want to allow that within the league.

I think it’s extremely likely they didn’t “break the rule” but Sankey was told by the ADs the rule was being changed.
Those 2 events were 2 years apart. Mo Smith was 2016 and grad rule came in 2018.

Commish has power to make any player eligible or ineligible. He overruled the rule back then, if you will. Maybe "break" is the wrong word.

Opinions vary and I’m not tearing Shuler down. He was a good Qb but his arm strength was not as strong as the hype created at the beginning of his junior season. That was per the NFL Draft analysis which was reported at the time.
You're still talking? Shut up already

Those 2 events were 2 years apart. Mo Smith was 2016 and grad rule came in 2018.

Commish has power to make any player eligible or ineligible. He overruled the rule back then, if you will. Maybe "break" is the wrong word.

Looks like your timeline is off to me,
Smith was allowed to play in fall of 16 and Sankey announced after the spring meetings in 17 that the rule was officially changed

Commissioner Greg Sankey announces change to SEC’s graduate transfer rule
Edit: that appears to not be the rule we are discussing. My apologies

Going back and watching the 2019 UT/USC game. 1st half was incredibly frustrating to rewatch. The opening Shi Smith TD on the first play. Lots of missed calls by the refs including the PI against Callaway. Two near goal line stands but allowing the TDs. The incredible catch by Edwards.

Jennings was HUGE in this game with his first 43 yard TD and then the 2nd one to put us up 24-21 where he gets rocked into the endzone wall.

UT really amped up the defensive efforts in the 2nd half and did much better containing Feaster (he killed us in the first half).

So, we sent Cade to sign at UGA to get deep dirt on them and the SEC, then transfer to TN, and use the dirt to burn the program and the SEC powers to the ground? Excellent!!

Pruitt and Fulmer are playing chess, not checkers.

cdM.gif

Going back and watching the 2019 UT/USC game. 1st half was incredibly frustrating to rewatch. The opening Shi Smith TD on the first play. Lots of missed calls by the refs including the PI against Callaway. Two near goal line stands but allowing the TDs. The incredible catch by Edwards.

Jennings was HUGE in this game with his first 43 yard TD and then the 2nd one to put us up 24-21 where he gets rocked into the endzone wall.

UT really amped up the defensive efforts in the 2nd half and did much better containing Feaster (he killed us in the first half).
It is interesting to think about. JJ scored 2 touchdowns, Callaway two, and Bituli one. None of those guys are back this year.

Reactions: OrangenSC
It is interesting to think about. JJ scored 2 touchdowns, Callaway two, and Bituli one. None of those guys are back this year.

Yeah that's my biggest worry. It seems that they both ALWAYS won the 50/50 balls. USC in particular we didn't have the most "sustained" drives but MC and JJ were just straight up torching their CBs deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back