Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were close. Dobbs was very exciting. He just completely took the game over in some games.
Dobbs was really good, Kamara was severely mishandled and lost touches he should have had and still accounted for 24 touchdowns in 2 years including the 1 punt return. I’m sorry but Kamara was the guy that everyone knew was special besides DB. Dobbs was a fringe draft pick until having great workouts and interviews and worked his way up. He wasn’t Dak Prescott.

Dobbs was really good, Kamara was severely mishandled and lost touches he should have had and still accounted for 24 touchdowns in 2 years including the 1 punt return. I’m sorry but Kamara was the guy that everyone knew was special besides DB. Dobbs was a fringe draft pick until having great workouts and interviews and worked his way up. He wasn’t Dak Prescott.
Kamara was special. So was Dobbs.

IMO only, Dobbs was special not so much as just a player but who he was as a total human being. Overall you can’t find a better leader, face of a program to smooth the nightmare behind the scenes, and overall as a person. If I could only recruit one and I was a powerhouse like Clemson I’d recruit Kamara.

IMO only, Dobbs was special not so much as just a player but who he was as a total human being. Overall you can’t find a better leader, face of a program to smooth the nightmare behind the scenes, and overall as a person. If I could only recruit one and I was a powerhouse like Clemson I’d recruit Kamara.
I think we are a sub 500 team without Dobbs the two years we went 8-4.

Reactions: Vols4us and UTProf
Dobbs I guess was a project early on because of Mechanics but some players you cannot judge because they are just playmakers in real game situations. JD had that in spades in College. I hope he gets the chance for playing time in the NFL to see if he can duplicate the magic. I’m rooting for him at Pittsburgh.

I mostly remember his panty hose
I just it looked it up. In a game against Unitas and the Colts , Namath threw for 496 yards with two long touchdowns which both traveled 65 yards in the air according to the article I read so that was likely the top range back in the late 60’s and early 70’s. Reportedly Josh Allen had one throw in tryouts which covered 89 yards so the range has probably increased about 25 yards in the last 45 years or so. Randall Cunningham won an NFL competition I watched at 69 yards in the mid to late 80’s. Marino and Kelly were some
Of the favorites in that competition so Cunningham was a little bit of a surprise that day.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Been up with my son in the middle of the night. Pulled up to see since 11pm somehow 5 pages worth of posts when there had been like 3 pages all day long. Figured someone was fishing 🎣 for a debate. Looks like that bait landed for a few pages
All you’ve gotta do is mention JG and you may as well have dropped a grenade in the thread & ran. I’ve never seen so much infighting over a player in my whole life. Haha.

All you’ve gotta do is mention JG and you may as well have dropped a grenade in the thread & ran. I’ve never seen so much infighting over a player in my whole life. Haha.

Not sure what there is to fight about. He's been horrible and he's been good. We'll see if he has developed further and can be consistent in less than a week.

Dobbs was a great player and a great representative. So many parralllels between Grant Williams on the hardwood and him on the football field. Grant Williams just happened to be with a good coach and it's easier for a guy like Grant to be in the NBA than it is to be a starting QB in the NFL.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Not sure what there is to fight about. He's been horrible and he's been good. We'll see if he has developed further and can be consistent in less than a week.

"JG is awesome."
"No, JG sucks."
"I said he is AWESOM!"
And I say he SUCKS!!!"

iu

He was certainly a let down last year, just not nearly as bad as Hilinski and stil better than about half of the SEC. We saw firsthand Miss St's 2 garbage QBs, Hilinski, UK's non-qb, Vandy's trash, Mizzou's trash, etc. He could be a lot better, but we could be fielding a lot worse too.

I don't think we should be afraid of the crap QBs USCe is putting out there, no matter how much people want to pump them up!
I don't either...that was not what I was talking about.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I don’t think his arm strength was exceptional by NFL standards. The arm strength was hyped by some organizations whether UT or sports news. It made one believe that he had Joe Namath arm strength ( if Namaths rumors about arm strength are true).
Shuler had a cannon and was a great overall athlete, what he didn't have was the mental ability to be a NFL QB.

He would have been a Heisman winner in a different era and in a different system...like what Urbs did with Tebow. He was a much better passer than Tebow, and just as strong and agile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back